Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler Maintenance and Repair Questions (1997 - 2006)

Comments

• tphaynestphaynes Posts: 6
    Thanks for the info. I am off to the parts shop.
  • i would like to know how many rotors a 06 wrangler has and if would save money to buy the rotors from auto zone and have them installed.my wrangler shimmies when i hit the brakes going 50mph..at 18k miles is this normal?????????????
  • i had that same problem.one morning after a winter storm i went to clean my windsheild turned on the wipers and it cracked right by the vent.a few days later the crack grew upwards and eventually turned right.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    i would like to know how many rotors a 06 wrangler has and if would save money to buy the rotors from auto zone and have them installed.my wrangler shimmies when i hit the brakes going 50mph..at 18k miles is this normal?????????????

Four rotors, which if they need to be replaced will be cheaper at the dealer (i.e. free), and you won't have to pay any labor either.

No it's not normal, which is why your warranty should take care of it.
  • i didnt think it was normal either. i did take it to the dealer and they said my warranty expired so i would have to pay $400 for the front 2. what warranty do you have?????????????????? or should i call daimler chrysler about this????
    You have at least a 36 month/36k mile warranty which starts from the vehicle's 'in service' date. Do you have more than 36k miles?
  • no. i only have 18k miles and and 18 months. the dealer told me i wasnt covered anymore. where should i go???????????
  • skyking49skyking49 Posts: 112
    My 06 wrangler x had rotor problems the day I left the dealer's lot. I took it back and they replaced them..free of course. This must be an issue since its happening to many.
  • burntupburntup Posts: 64
    Congratulations!
    Your JEEP has Chryslerfied.
    Enjoy.
    .....the dealer told me i wasnt covered anymore. where should i go?

Either go to another dealer, or contact DC directly.
    There should be information in your Owners Manual on who and how to contact.
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    To solve this problem, go with aftermarket rotors and pads. The rotors themselves are not likely warping. I suspect it is more due to the pads and the uneven deposits from the brake pad on the rotor itself.

My front rotors are gauged (from wheeling and getting stuff stuck). I haven't replaced em since I got the TJ, so I'll be putting on some good quality rotors from NAPA and getting some good performance brake pads (since I have larger tires).

I don't think the quality of the pads coming from DC is really that good. We had a similar problem with our old Grand Cherokee.

For the cost of some new rotors and pads (less than $150 or so), you can swap out your front rotors and not even deal with DC about it. It'll likely happen again if you do deal with them.

-Paul
    ...of course you are not covered.
    Chrysler is going broke again.
    Getting ready to raid the corp. again.
    Maybe some day JEEP will be owned by Jeepers again...
  • so should i purchase new rotors and pads from auto zone and have someone install them?????
  • skyking49skyking49 Posts: 112
    His jeep should be under warranty...why should he pay out of pocket? My rotors were bad when I left the dealership and they replaced them. They are fine now.
    Perhaps you should, as apparently Chrysler is going broke and you have no coverage!!! :surprise:
  • i called DC personally and explained the situation.they say to go to the dealer and pay for the repairs up front, and send them the invoice and they will reimburse me everything but $25. what do you guys think?????????????????????????
    I think you should get that offer in writing! :shades:
  • i asked them for something in writing stating the agreement. they said they could not foward me anything either by mail or e-mail.the reference number that they gave me would serve as proof of agreement and they have no reason not to come through with the offer..
    I would get the promise in writing.
    Sounds like you talked to a good guy, trying to do the right thing.
    Sometimes big companies tend to get rid of the good guys.
    Good luck, really hope it works out.
  • qbert485qbert485 Posts: 1
    hi... i have a 2000 jeep wrangler. my problem is that the oil pressure gauge basically drops down to zero when the engine is idol. before its warm the gauge acts fairly normal but when warm it only goes up a little above zero until i'm idol then it plunges and the check gauges light comes on. this is obviously a pressure problem but the jeep seems to run fine and its been going on for more than a year. i'm just worried it's gonna crap out without warning. has anyone heard of this problem and have any solutions before i take it somewhere. thanks.