Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Wrangler Maintenance and Repair Questions (1997 - 2006)

Comments

• Hello, I got a 94 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L ..recently I noticed that my Voltage Gauge was reading about 9 v its usually up around 14..... Battery is good Brand New, I had the Alternator Checked out it was good..... all connections seem to be good and the only thing i found was that #2 50amp fuse was blown out so i replaced it and it fixed the problem gauge was back up to 14v and after 1 min of driving it blows again.... I believe thats my generating output voltage fuse.... Now I have read that the PCM has the voltage regulator built in (Im not to sure if im right) im just wondering if the regulator is bad would it create a over charge issue, therefore blowing that #2 50amp fuse.. and if so im guessing a new PCM would have to be installed..... Well any advice would be helpful and if you could let me know if im on the right track as far as how this system is working that would be great. Thanks in Advance for your help...
  • My heater only works on high.Friend of mine said maybe rheostat or switch.If rheostat where is it located? Thanks, Todd
  • tjcubtjcub Posts: 2
    I need some advice on adjusting headlights on a 2006 Wrangler. The adjustment screws are at 2 o'clock and 8 o'clock positions on the headlight buckets. It looks like that if you adjust the height of the beams, you automatically adjust the left/right position also. Thanks for any help that you can give. :confuse:
  • tjcubtjcub Posts: 2
    For all you Jeepers with leaking wrangler half-doors:

Have your dealer read Chrysler technical bulletin number 2301006 dated Feb. 06. This is chrysler's fix for a steel door that leaks from weatherstrip at the a-pillar(windshield post). 2005 wranglers should use the same steel half-door. :)
  • my 97 tj with the 4 had the same problem...check engin light was staying on...went to jeep dealer..said 3 sencers were bad..i had them replaced...2 weeks later...check engin came on again...blew another 02 censor...replaced..driving home check engine lighe came on again??i have to bring it back again?? hope they find the problem...Dan
  • Have a 02 wrangler, 50,000 miles, auto, 6 cyl eng. it sat for about 3 days not run. then it starts ok but will not idle . . . zero just dies below 800 +/- rpm dies at any stop. after its driven for 3-5 miles it idles ok. So something is sticking in the idle controls. I bought a haynes book 87-03 but the fuel section show the throttle body different than mine. I have three componets that i think are possablities 1. is on the engine side of the throttle body with a connector plug coming in from the fire wall side. the 2. is a flat part on the battery side of the throttle body with a connector and the 3. is on the fire wall side of the throttle body which i know is the positioning sensor. which one is the most likely part that controls the idle fuel? thanks
  • I have a 97 wrangler and need to check and fill transmission fluid. is it the bolt on the passenger side of tranny that I remove to check and fill. What is the best type of fluid to fill with?? thanks for the help..
  • fixed it. removed the idle servo motor cleaned it with wd40 now it works perfect
  • Had very similar only worse problems with 89 wrangler with 60k miles. Two 5 star dealers couldn't solve after replacing 3-400 dollars in parts. They couldn't locate ECU (my wife found it) We replaced with rebuilt ECU for $100 and problem solved. Am sure you have some more sophisticated control unit but it;s worth checking
  • skyking49skyking49 Posts: 112
    Didn't read all the threads associated with this topic but does this tech. Bulletin cover any or all the 06's. I use to get a puddle of water on my drivers side and could never find the source. This happened many times when it rained. I thought it might be that the control knob should be turned all the way to the left in order to shut vents...I thought it might be getting in that way. Long story short, it still happens but not every time it rains. TIA
  • I have a Jeep Wrangler 2005 & the air is only blowing out the top of the dash... not coming out of the vent no matter what setting it is on...any ideas?
  • heliheli Posts: 4
    I haven't read through ALL of the posts, so I apologize ahead of time if I'm asking something that's already been answered. I saw this goes back to 2005 and got twitchy. Anyway, my Wrangler is now almost 5 yrs. old and the zippers are a beast to deal with. Getting my top and windows back on are horrid and taking so much time to get back together. The zippers and lines are stiff and could be getting rusted (???). I do live in Florida near the beach, so I'm sure the salt air has a bit to do with it. Any suggestions on what I could use? :confuse:

Thanks!
  • I use wax on my Drysuit zipper (Scuba). It keeps it somewhat protected and lubricated.
  • heliheli Posts: 4
    Hmm, not a bad idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • mac24mac24 Posts: 3,910
    The zippers and lines are stiff and could be getting rusted (???). I do live in Florida near the beach, so I'm sure the salt air has a bit to do with it.

The zips and Velcro are plastic so can't rust. As well as using a wax lubricant which you can get at dive/marine/camping stores (even Wal-Mart), using a tooth or nail brush and soapy water to regularly clean them will have the biggest effect.
  • erickplerickpl Posts: 2,735
    Especially if you're near the ocean and salt crystals get in those teeth. Same kind of effects as dirt/dust...

Using the wax after a good cleaning will make future cleanings a lot easier.

-Paul
    Are you still around? I would like the info I requested..if you have it. TIA
  • I have an 04 wrangler X. When I put it in 4WD it either doesn't engage or come's out after awhile. You can hear it start to grind as it is sliding out. What is wrong? Not enough fluid....teeth worn???
    http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=31339

Not sure if the info at that link will help but others with older models have had problems.
  • I am by no means a mechanic. I do have a wrangler and haven't had that problem. However I did experience the same problem with my 1999 Mazda 626, if you put a key such as a spare key and its a computer key, the computer may not recognize the key as the right key. It locks the ignition and will not start. This means you'll have to take your (tow) your car to a dealer and have them reprogram a new computer key for your ignition. Soon as you do that, u MUST throw away your old keys. They will charge you like 176.00 for a new computer key. Its a rip off. I can see paying the 76.00, they are a business, but they'll gouge you if they can. After I got my new key, it started right away. Hope your problem is something different. Mine cost me.