Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Making Car Payments in Hard Times

13»

Comments

• ronvprronvpr Posts: 24
    I used to be pro Japanese until I starting having all of the PROBLEMS with the HONDA. Unfortunatley, I relied on Consumer Reports for a recommendation. And I got burned. (cancelled subscription now) As for Subaru; "1 in hundreds of thousands?" Your joking, Right? From what I heard, it's QUITE a bit more than that concerning Subaru.
    From what I get, you must sell Subaru's, never owned a domestic badged vehicle in the last 20 years, and would walk over your injured mother to grab here purse to clean it out. Why would I want to give my tax money some foreign company that profits are gong OUT of this country ? I was stupid enough to buy a PROBLEMATIC HONDA (never again I tell you). Someone recently really opened up my eyes to the whole buying import car only idea. And I will probably never buy another import brand again knowing what I know now about trade, currency manipulation, and tax breaks we are giving to import car companies in our own country. All the while when Japanese and Koeran countries do everything possible to keep our vehicles out of theirs. Why would I want to be a part of weakening our countries economic future anymore than it already is? I'm done supporting Japan. I live here. I work here. I wan't all of my money to stay here with vehicles designed, engineered, tested, sourced, and manufactured here. I don't want my children to have to grow up and have the only choice of vehicles be foriegn nameplates.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,894
    completely wrong topic for all this. my apologies. and your first sentence in your 2nd paragraph makes me immeditately realize you aren't willing to reasonably discuss anyway. Good luck with whatever car you find that is designed, engineered, tested, sourced, and manufactured here. I don't know of any.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    Troll alert! this guy is posting the same thing in any topic he can find.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    The issue is making car payments in hard times which means one has already committed to a particular make and model. We're not going to resolve the foreign vs. domestic or this brand vs. that brand issues here.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • jhinscjhinsc Posts: 397
    ......When your agents tell me over the phone, that I signed the contract and it is my responsibility I have to wonder where yours is? Will you continue to unethically lend money?.........

What about borrowers who continue to borrow unethically? Is there no responsibility on the borrower? There are 2 parties involved in every transaction. Neither party is wholly 100% responsible - both are equally liable to the agreement signed. Yet both are victims of this economy - a totally separate issue. Please note this is a general obsevation, not meant to be critical of the original poster. I'm seeing too many "sad stories" in the media these days about "whoa is me - where's my bailout". Unfortunately, no one is going to get off without any pain with our economic mess. Someone has to foot the bill and it looks like we'll all be paying for it. :sick:
13»