Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• I did a 2 amp charge for 20 hours and got in and it started up the next day. Drove it yesterday and today without any problems. I may have been unclear when I said I tried to start it. The car was completely dead. The remote unlock would not work, I had to use the key to open the driver door. No lights came on, nothing before I charged it. After the charge and the first start, I noticed the Compass had to recalibrate, my clock was off by an hour. Other than that, no other changes noticed. Will continue to report how it is going.

Thanks for your replies and information.
  • kjs8kjs8 Posts: 53
    I just took delivery on my CXS on Saturday and had it in the garage for three hours yesterday learning all the systems and downloading CD's into the hard drive. I noticed the battery indicator light on the dash but since it's a new car didn't pay much attention and continued to play with the nav and music features. I went to the gagage last night to take it for my first night time ride to see the interior lighting and it would not start. The HID's came on as did all interior lighting but nothing happened when you press the start button. I put a charger on it for about 30 minutes and it kicked right over. Drove it for about 30 minutes and now back to normal. I guess all of the electronic stuff in the LaCrosse does draw a lot of current when in the accessory position. I'll keep an eye on this during future music downloads.
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
    Both of you having such problems seems really strange. Electronics don't draw much power, not near as much as lighting or starter. And several GM have something built in to shed load so you don't draw down to the point it won't start.
    I'd check if you have that, and learn how it works since it might be malfunctioning.
    It is also likely that in trying to shave pounds from the vehicle, lead being so heavy, they are using a battery that is at minimums for the vehicle or you got a battery that sat during the whole time GM was shut down.
    I had a ford that required a special battery, 1300CCA. Unfortunately there was not a great demand and no aftermarket available. The last time I needed one, they had it on shelf. It had been sitting almost a year but would not take a charge. They ordered from next level up. Took almost a week to get and same thing. They ordered through Detroit and got a fresh one from manufacturer. It lasted 74 months.
    I don't know why a battery will die if left sitting on shelf. It does not just drain of power, it will not take or hold a charge.
    With the number of battery problems I've been hearing about on new vehicles, 09-10, even on the lot, I'll venture a guess that those batteries were stock piled somewhere for a length of time.
  • What is a TSB?
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Posts: 2,770
    technical service bulletin
  • Thanks, I will search for one regarding this.
  • poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    Upon seeing the new Lacrosse on the road for the first time about a month ago, I immediately became concerned about the visibility / sight lines due to the shape of the rear windows. I made a point to pay particular concern to this during my trip to the auto show this weekend.

While not quite as bad as I feared, the windows seems both small and high relative to where I'd normally look when changing lanes. Perhaps I could get used to it, but I didn't like it.

More concerning though were the rear windshield and side mirrors. The rear windshield's extended angle of descent creates a very narrow vertical opening (the "box" size that you actually see when looking out the rear window). Also, the side view mirrors seemed oddly shaped and oddly angled (seem to be tilted down at the outside by design).

Altogether, I foud the sight lines to be pretty bad on this car. It's the only thing I didn't like, but maybe enough to eliminate it for me. My driving style is fairly aggressive and I don't hesitate to change lanes to whip around traffic, and I'd really worry that I'd miss something and get myself into real trouble.
  • I found this site to review 2010 Buick LaCrosse TSB if anyone is interested.
    http://www.mycarstats.com/getstarted/login.asp
  • a little follow-up: I found an excellent website regarding batteries/chargers..great tutorials..here is the link:
    http://www.chargingchargers.com/chargers/faq-charging.html
    it does warn against leaving "trickle chargers" hooked up for extended periods of time unless they are "smart" chargers, meaning, they stop the trickle when the battery is fully charged. otherwise, with a "dumb" charger, one runs the risk of overcharging, causing the liquid in the battery to dry up. The website also talks about cold weather reducing the charge in the battery; like close to 55% reduction at 20 degrees.
  • Thanks for the link. I had my charger for years and use to use it for my MB Diesel. I do appreciate the time you took to find this and post it. Thanks again!
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
    Smart chargers, yes!
    As to cold reducing the charge, that is not technically correct. The cold slows the chemical reaction which produces the current so you don't have the full power at a given slice of time. The battery will still produce the same total power, just slower over a longer period of time and that might not meet the instantaneous demand of the starter.
    Batteries were rated at Cranking Amps which was the available power at 32 degrees. I think they are now all standardized to Cold Cranking Amps which is read at 0 degrees.
    A trick for warming a battery so it puts out more amps is to put a draw on it for awhile. The chemical reaction creates heat. Slowly pouring hot water over the battery also works, that is if it is so cold it just is not putting out full capacity.
    But a new car with new battery? None of that should be necessary.
    Someone should check if they are putting more than one battery in vehicle. It might depend which line it rolled off or intended destination. Cars going to cold country definitely need bigger batteries that those headed for southern destinations.
  • scott_blscott_bl Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    I don't know if any Lacrosse owners have noticed this, but I sure have. As you probably know, many of the newer Hands-Free systems in cars automatically turn up the speaker volume when the car goes to faster speeds to compensate for wind and engine noise, and then reduces the volume when the car slows down. The problem with this in the new Lacrosse is the car is SO DANG QUIET, so there is no need for this automatic adjustment in call volume. There is no wind noise or engine noise, even at 65 mph! So what happens is your call gets louder and softer when you don't want it to. It's particularly funny when you suddenly accelerate or brake. Sure it's a testament to Buick's Quiet Tuning system, but for frequent hands-free callers like me it does get very annoying and I wish it could be tweaked.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,465
    The volume speed compensation is adjustable on our radio, so I assume it's adjustable just like OnStar since it's using the radio. Choices are none, low, medium, and high. Our leSabre is on low compensation.
    My mom and dad were so impressed with my LaCrosse, they just bought one!!! A carbon metallic CXL w/ nav.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,600
    My mom and dad were so impressed with my LaCrosse, they just bought one!!!

So...you can't say this ain't your father's Buick ;)
  • dslongdslong Posts: 10
    Update: Dealer service manager called and said there was no TSB about seats but bring the car in and they would have a loaner for me and fix the problem. The loaner turned out to be another 2010 LaCrosse, with a few thousand miles on it. It felt like the drivers seat on this one also was uneven although not to the degree of mine. A couple of days later dealer called to say it was ready to be picked up. I was told that after checking to make sure that there was nothing wrong with the installation or any of the metal frame they sent it to their upholstery shop to add what was needed to level it out. The seat feels great and the whole experience was the easiest I've ever experienced with auto service department. Never having dealt with this dealership before I don't know if this is a new attitude or the way they have always done business. The car had been through the slush and snow and they had it detailed when they delivered it to me. Thanks Luther Buick!
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    I found a similar problem on the Acura TL but not on the Lincoln MKZ. I want to replace an older Acura RL which has great visibility and sight lines which is one reason why I kept it. I will be test driving the ES350 next month to see how that compares. Visibility is important.
  • johnh7johnh7 Posts: 67
    Haven't bought an American car since the late 70's but I'm getting a Lacrosse in March.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,030
    Sounds like you got some great service there! Be sure to post a review for them. I'm sure they would appreciate it.

http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/drr/jump.html

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• doc15doc15 Posts: 37
    2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL
    Has anyone had the following
    While on a call, if another call comes in, and you hear the call-waiting sound, when I press the "phone" button on the steering wheel, it does not pick up the call. Rather, the response is "Ready". I checked in the book, and there is no response to this for call-waiting.

Is there something additonal I need to do? My phone with my carrier has call-waiting.
    Thanks
  • poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    I don't have a GM bluetooth system, but on both my Honda and Nissan the only way to click over to the inbound call is by using the handset.
  • bt06bt06 Posts: 32
    Hello all, purchased a CXL last Saturday, now wishing I had gotten the sunroof but oh well. Got it for about $500 under invoice with rebate for my options. Anyway I made an error and assumed the vehicle came with Xenon HID. I thought the "directional HID, with pop up feature" were the upgrade, but base was Xenon HID. I found out as soon as I got in the garage that they are regular halogen. Anyone done an aftermarket upgrade to Xenon HID? If so where did you find the lights and who did it? If you don't mind sharing what was the cost. The dealership is taking way too long to answer my question.

Another question anyone know how to stop the doors from locking when you shift into gear? Don't want to get locked out at AutoBell...thanks for any info!
    Yes, that works. Thank You
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,465
    >Another question anyone know how to stop the doors from locking when you shift into gear?

Look in owners manual. It's probably one of settings in DIC that can be changed (driver information center). On mine I push two buttons for 5 seconds and it goes into the settings, one group for each of the two drivers. Many things can be turned on and off. I know unlocking doors when put into Park can be turned off, obviously a security advantage in unsavory areas of town. So I'd guess not locking doors going into Drive would be there also.
  • asctonyasctony Posts: 46
    Well I have no idea of what has happened. Here it is months later and today I plugged my iPhone into the USB port and tried to listen to my music. NO GO!
    I can click through FM, AM and SAT but do NOT see AUX. I tried CD/AUX button to the left of the Configuration Round big Button. I tried everything and still cannot get AUX. When I press CD/AUX I only get CD and I don't have a CD in the player so I get No CD Loaded.

Anyone have a fix for this? Worked fine for months and now..........
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    This might help. Choose CONFIG on center console, then use SELECT button to choose VEHICLE SETTINGS. Press SELECT. Turn knob to POWER DOOR LOCKS. Press SELECT and choose whatever option you want. Then just another button to exit.
    Thanks for your input. However, there is no selection option for Aux/iPod. Here are the options as shown in UM page 4-38.
    The following list of menu items will
    be available:
    . Climate and Air Quality
    . Comfort and Convenience
    . Collision/Detection Systems
    . Language
    . Lighting
    . Power Door Locks
    . Remote Lock/Unlock/Start
    . Return to Factory Settings

Still do not know what happened and how to correct. Will call the dealership tomorrow.
    OK stupid question. Are you sure the iphone was plugged in properly, that the usb cord is good, and that the radio or iphone was on???
    Yes, to all the questions. In fact I tried 2 different USB cords and I know both are good since I tried them on my PC, too. Radio was on and went through AM, FM, XM (Sat). Before I could go through AM, FM, Xm and Aux even when USB was not connected. Thanks for trying to help, I do appreciate it. I will post final outcome.
  • kjs8kjs8 Posts: 53
    I have had my CSX for a month now and this is an incredible car. The nav/stereo is awesome, CD's on hard drive especially, Backup camera is great even though I don't trust it yet, quite ride, minimal wind noise with sunroof open, HID and interior lighting, comfortable seating. Things I have noticed; needs interior trunk release, shift lever seems too far back to shift comfortably and I'm 6ft, seat memory requires operator to hold down select button until seat stops moving rather than touch and it goes to programmed setting, sunroof doesn't close automatically with ignition off. I most notice that the drivers door panel does not align with the dash and there is a wide gap at this point. Passenger door seems to align much better than drivers side. These are small things, but so far it's the best. 20MPG in town on first tank. I have had so many positive comments from friends and business associates that this is really a Buick. Has anyone heard anything more about a software change to allow the use of your bluetooth cell phone directory in the Nav on outgoing calls? Just a great car....