Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• 1bythesea1bythesea Posts: 52
    Boy! Sounds like the base CXL will be a couple of grand less than I thought. It's really getting enticing! Can't wait until it hits the stealerships. Has anyone ever used the credit union discount when buying a GM vehicle? Just curios if it's worth it or if the stealerships jerk you around with it.

Personally, I don't mind the weight. Seems it would be safer in a collision. My RDX weighs in at approximately 3950 lbs. and it feels very safe on the road. If the LaCrosse would get 26-27 mpg/hwy that would be a bit better than my current mpg and would be welcome.

I love everything about the looks of the new LaCrosse. And yes, it beats the front of the Acura TL hands down. That parrot beak is U-G-L-Y!
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,118
    "...beats the front of the Acura TL..."

It's not only the front, but the back and the sides too. To me, the '09 is the first ugly TL. As a current TL owner, the styling of the '09 would be a deal breaker for me. I prefer the '10 LaCrosse.
    Personally, I like the rear of the TL but the front is a deal breaker for me. Yes, I prefer the 2010 LaCrosse any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I was just watching videos of the 2010 LaCrosse and the Opel Insignia of which it is based. The Insignia won best new car of 2009 in Europe. It also comes in a wagon (Sport Tourer), similar to what Toyota has done with the Venza based on the Camry platform. Wonder if GM will be bringing it to America? Maybe 2011 or 2012? Guess a lot will depend on 2010 LaCrosse sales and the fate of GM in general.
  • Most people don't know this, but Buick sells many more cars in China than they do in the USA.

I think the Chinese have a better sense of style than the Americans do, that is why they love the Buick there.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    Edmunds has posted prices for the 2010 Lacrosse & accessories. I had high hopes for this car; it would be my first American car since 1978. But, after looking at how GM has bundled their accessories it appears that the stupidity that put them in their present condition continues. Look at the equipment I don't want but have to buy to get the equipment I do want:

Navigation system
    Heads up display
    Ultrasonic Parking assist (I already bought the BU camera in another pkg)
    Folding Mirrors
    Heated steering wheel (Yeah, don't know how I can ever get along without this one here in the sunny south!)
    Entertainment system

I understand that packaging can reduce costs for the Mfr. & customer; but use at least a little common sense in what you put in the packages. What they've want is to force me to buy $2500 - $3000 of stuff that is worthless to me & won't get anything for come trade in time. No way Jose! I'll stay with the Asian cars I've driven with no problems for the last 31 years.
  • savethelandsavetheland Posts: 671
    What's wong with that? It is supposed to be luxury vehicle so it is loaded to the gills, it is not a Honda competitor (which is Chevrolet). Does not Acura use the same approach when bundling options?
    Buick Lacrosse a luxury car??? Buick propaganda; their cars are a very long way from an LS 460 or similar luxury cars.. Yes, Acura & all mfrs. package options; and as I said in my post I understand the advantages of this practice for all involved. My complaint is the stupid way Buick is packaging the options, & the fact I'm required to buy a 2nd package that has absolutely nothing in it that I want to get the first package that requires me to buy a complete navigation system to get a simple $495 BU camera. Ford & Toyota for example price the two items separately. I don't want or need a nav. the Garmin I've used for 6 years is completely adequate; I do want the BU camera as I consider this a safety feature.
    Option packages...Lexus and Toyota both are notorious for packages that add thousands. For example when I priced out a new 2008 Lexus RX 350, the two items I wanted (HID's, moonroof) were in two separate packages with a lot of other things I didn't want or need but increased the cost of the vehicle by $10 K. Same thing on the 2009 Toyota Venza V-6 with AWD. Adding what I wanted (leather, moonroof, HID's) raised the base from $29,250 to slightly over $39 K with many other options I didn't want. All manufacturers know what basic options most people want but bundle them in with a bunch of options most don't to increase profit margins, IMHO.
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,661
    Sorry, I just gotta ask...is it "bob-gone-with-the-wind?"

Living here in Atlanta, I did not think it could be anything else... ;)
    Yep; you got it. But it doesn't have anything to do with the book or movie. I'm a lifetime sailor and, as such, always aware of or looking for the wind. 12 - 18 knots is utopia for me. Incidentallly, I've spent many a day on Lake Lanier with a good friend who used to live in Atlanta; he lives on Tybee now & I'm now in Charleston. Much closer to the ocean breezes.
  • mitchfloridamitchflorida Posts: 419
    What exactly is the option that you "must have" when ordering the La Crosse? I see what you don't want, what is it you are trying to get on a standalone basis?
  • gorphilgorphil Posts: 27
    Does anyone know if the 2010 LaCrosse is in production? If not, when is the startup date?
    I don't know the exact production dates, but the new LaCrosse will be in dealer showrooms by the end of next month.

http://www.kansascity.com/business/story/1178359.html
  • cmks02cmks02 Posts: 22
    bobqwtw seems to want the backup camera as a safety feature, but doesn't want the nav system that is required with the backup camera. So...without the nav system display, how the h-ll do you display the camera image? Seems to me if you want the camera, you have to get nav...pretty simple. I would guess no manufacturer would be able to offer a camera without nav so why pick on Buick???!!!
    If he has an after market Navigation system, he should just buy an after market backup camera for $400. Problem solved.
    A backup camera. Once you've used it you will be hooked.
    Not picking on Buick At all. If you don't have the nav the image is displayed in the rear view mirror - just like Ford & Toyota do it.
    I've considered it, but not a good option in my opinion. All aftermarket installations I've seen are visable & look tacked on. Too, I have been less than pleased with the results of aftermarket installations I've purchased.
  • Exactly what I was going to say. With the 2010 Ford Fusion it's about a $280 upgrade. Not thousands to also get the nav system. Just puts it on the rear view mirror.
  • I agree. I have never wanted a ford until the 2010 Fusion with 34 MPG was announced. So when I went in to actually see it and check out options I was pleasantly surprised to see the price of options and add ons. You can get the SEL for example and if so then 18" rims are only a $200 or $300 upgrade. I was also looking at a Camry and it was nearly $2000 for that option. They basically must be giving no credit for the original tires and rims. So for me looking to "upgrade" I have gone away from Toyota and Honda. I'm very interested to see the price of this one as equipped as I like. I'm holding off buying anything until I find out for sure. It's a beautiful car to me. It won't have the MPG of a Fusion or Corolla, but it's more of a car. I'm happy waiting to see how it pans out. Buick has something with this if priced right!