Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,699
    edited July 2010
    There's at least one oil discussion topic here on Edmunds, and in this thread the oil is diverging from the topic of first oil change on a LaCrosse, so I'll suggest draining the oil to the new location.

Engine Oil - A slippery subject Part 2

This message has been approved.

>GM said stop using 10W40.

Check your carspace email.

• bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,057
    The 19"-inch wheels are nice but break dust is an "occupational hazard". Anybody knows how to keep the wheels relatively dust free, short of using ceramic break pads? And speaking of ceramic brake pads is that just for genuine exotic sports cars or is it available for the CXS too?

I've read the manual and cannot get the memory seat to work as described. What am I doing wrong? Tips and secrets are appreciated.

-
  • kjs8kjs8 Posts: 53
    edited July 2010
    The memory seats on the LaCrosse do not work. GM is working on a fix for this problem for the past 6 months. Can it be that almost every GM car offers memory seats but the ones in the LaCrosse can't be made to work after 6 months? The dealer can't do any more for the customer if GM isn't focused on fixing the car's problems. GM, not the dealer, also told me that the rear backup camera is not designed to work in full sunlight or in damp weather and that the intermittent white lines or blank screen is normal. I came from another brand and their camera worked flawlessly. Does GM think a customer is stupid?
  • johnh7johnh7 Posts: 67
    I guess I've already posted something similar, but I have a CXL and the memory seats work perfectly on my car. Whether or not they work on the CXS is another matter that I can't speak to.
  • enphanenphan Posts: 23
    Exactly what problem you have with seat memory? Mine works well.

Tip 1 when set the memory, push memory button first then push #1 or #2 to set memory (reason, the index finger tends to touch the #1 button before the thumb touch the memory button) and it moves the seat instead to set the memory

Tip 2: push and hold button #1 or #2 until it gets to the final position, release halfway will stop the move.
  • asctonyasctony Posts: 46
    Have been off the forum for a while. However, do receive emails on new postings. I also have a problem with poor AM radio reception. It must be the radio since my other car and also my daughters has excellent AM radio reception using the same station(s) and location here in MI. I will be taking my CXS 2010 into dealer next month and have them check it out. I did have problems with radio months ago and they re-programmed it. So, I will report back next month on AM reception. Sorry I can't provide anymore at this time.
    I am still waiting on the proper Wheel Locks since 10/2009.
    Had my first service yesterday, Can confirm for those like me who have a 2010 and thought they had ordered this feature, there is no fix, nor will there be one. You need to have a 2011 with the right package to get it. Oh well.
  • adpcsadpcs Posts: 57
    I can answer this one:

1. If you use the easy exit system, the seat moves back when you open the door to get out, but when you come back in the car, about 50% of the time it just stays way back, until you press and hold your memory seat position to return it back to the normal position.
    2. The press and hold system is the stupidest thing possible, why not just press and release the memory button?
    3. If you have programmed the key fob to the driver, that does not work either. For example, I have a key fob and my wife has one. If she unlocks the car using her keyfob, the memory should automatically adjust to her settings, and vice versa. That doesnt work.

I have a CXS which just crossed 5000 miles.
    Check and see if it's really 50% of the time or simply it returns when your car is locked and you use the FOB to unlock it and it doesn't return if your car is unlocked and you simply open the door with the handle.

That's the way it is designed to work and that's what my car does - every time.
    This is what is happening. I turn the car off, open the door, the seat moves back. I lock the door, come back an hour later, unlock the door by pulling the handle, and about 50% of the time, the seat moves forward, the other half, it just sits there in the exit position. So, then, I have to hold the button down that corresponds to my memory seat to put the seat in the correct position.
    The seat moving back and force should be tied to the ignition being turned on / off and not to the door opening and closing.
    All I can tell you is when I hit the unlock button on the FOB, the seat always slides back. When I don't have the car locked (e.g like when it's in my garage) and simply open the door, it never slides back.
    Reading closely it sounds like adpcs is unlocking the door without using the FOB? He's just pulling the door handle and, I assume, the car unlocks because of the presence of the key transponder in his pocket.

You are using the FOB to unlock each time?

Do I have it right from the posts?

Correct

I'm hitting the unlock button on the FOB
  • kjs8kjs8 Posts: 53
    You are exactly right with your explanation as mine does the same. There is a GM Bulletin out on this flaw and they are working on a fix for the function of the seats. One approach is to tie it into the push to start button and the other is to initiate it on a door unlock command either through the outside handle or key fob. Who knows when it will be available? The side alert that many of us paid for as part of the package and did not get, your right there is no GM documented upgrade to install it on 2010 models. The wiring is there but GM does not want to go to the expense of changing out the mirror assemblies on delivered cars with side alert versions. I bet as an assembly they are expensive.
  • cooleyddcooleydd Posts: 105
    If I am going up a slight incline and at a very slow speed and I slowly try to speed by slowly pushing the acclerator - I can almost floor it before the car responds. I also notice this going up a steeper hill at a higher speed. Other times when I floor it to quickly get out of the way of something - it just doesn't move as it should. It also happens on an incline on a freeway entrance when trying to get up to speed.

I have had this to a dealer who says nothing wrong. I am taking to a second dealer to see if they can get to the bottom of it.

Has anyone else noticed this and if so what was done to fix it. As it is now it is somewhat on the dangerous side if I need to get out of the way of something.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Try moving the pedal quickly to gain speed. And do that more frequently. I suspect the computer adapts to your typical driving style. If it senses you want quicker response and that's your typical pattern, it will react quicker.

If it senses you want slow easy, economical driving patterns, it will give that adapting over a period of time.

Exactly correct, i only use the passive entry system, the key never leaves my pocket.
    i am waiting for the new software also...it gets tiring to hear the dealer say "I've never heard that happening before!"
    After reading this forum, I have seen many outstanding issues that GM/Buick have open and no 'Get Well Date.' Here are the ones I know about. Can we add to this list and have someone/GM/Buick address these issues?
    1. AM Radio Poor Reception
    2. Memory Seats
    3. Side Alert
    4. Wheel Locks
    5. Engine Oil %
    6. .......
    Thank you all for helping to identify and resolve some of these issues. My main take on these are that we should not be trouble shooting these, GM/Buick should be. Dealerships should also be aware of these issues, too.
    I know these are somewhat minor issues, but they are the kind of things that make an owner loose confidence in a Company/Manufacturer/Dealership, etc.

What is your opinion?
    Months ago I had some Required Field Action:(RFA) items I identified on this forum. RFAs that I had fixed on my CXS 2010 and what the corrective action was.

I was hoping that others would identify and post the RFAs that they experienced.

Maybe I have missed seeing them on this forum. If I did miss them or you have not posted them, please let us know so we can be advised ASAP, rather than waiting until we go in for service. Thank you.