Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the update on yours Crankee.
    Sure wish I could say the same of mine. I forget, do you have the cooled seats? I'm trying to figure why I feel the pressure points in mine. Not sure if it is the heating wires or something to do with attempting air flow through it for cooling. PP design it seems.
    As you stated, the vehicle seems to learn your style of driving. I definitely noted that in the 4 cylinder Malibu, and if you needed more power, there was always WOT.
    Thus I cannot understand the sudden changes I'm seeing. The higher than normal RPM before shifting, especially at speeds of 45 and up. Moderate acceleration goes to 4500 -5000 RPM. On one occasion I pushed it a bit and it revved just shy of 6K RPM. About 5800. But what caught my attention was a stutter just before it shifted. If this was a much older vehicle, it felt like valve float, points floating, or plug fouled from highly leaded high octane fuel.
    Not in a hurry, I cruised gently home twice this last week. Speed limits between 45 and 65. Only a couple of traffic lights caught me on that 120 mile run. Average speed was 56.6 and 58 MPH. MPG was 25.8 and 25.9. Definitely not good for driving ideal speeds.
    I'm not sure how GM decides which VIN get updates. I can tell you the Malibu I had was not on the list for the missing diodes, but I verified they were not on it. Maybe they roll dice.
    I asked service writer when I dropped off yesterday, if they had updated shifts or SBZA. He did not know, but would check. He still had no explanation for how the loaner I was in had 5 second delay on seat, and then suddenly reverted to being stupid like my car.
    I will call him shortly to see if he found out which USB HDD actually works.
    Hope you see lots of trouble free miles. That is what I expected.
    BTW, I'm in a Regal loaner. I hate to admit it, but I think the seats in it are more comfortable.
  • crankeeecrankeee Posts: 297
    edited July 2011
    rider: No we do not have the cooled seats, only heated and electric adjust on both sides ( needed due to height diff of wife/mine. My spouse is all over the seat comfort in our fleet. We drive 700-900 miles a day on trips so that is big factor. We have found upgrade (leather/electric) are also the best for not only initial but LT comfort due to lack of breakdown.
    Your shift pattern is clearly NOT the economy first pattern in our Lacrosse with the 3.0L V-6. Per prior posts, ours shifts up faster and down slower.
    RPM's is the key with the 6-speed and the DOHC/VVT/DI engines that drive more like older sports cars than older sedans that had bigger engines with flat torque curves at lower RPMs so the shifting was not an issue.
    The major oil companies/lobbied politicians changed that with our foreign policy when we stabilized Iraq & then enjoyed $3-$4 gas so they could supersize their profits without increased demand. Result was the car guys had to increase EPA MPG numbers by any means possible. Excuse the rant.
    The shift solenoid in older GM products controlled the pattern with the prom setup but I don't know how the new universal 6-speed operates. good luck
    This little nugget comes directly from GM:
    inhibit starting if their ID
    doesn’t match what is stored in the BCM. For example, the SDM,
    HVAC, EBCM and IPC, among others, all have IDs that must match in
    order for the BCM to allow starting the engine.
    I read the rest of it, but this enough to tell you what you face. (And you thought the price with coding of a new key FOB was high).
    If two exactly alike vehicles roll off the line, you can not swap any of these parts or the vehicle will not start.
    A)you must take vehicle to dealer when any of the above parts have a problem.
    B)you will pay for troubleshooting. (not unusual)
    C)vehicle will be down while parts are ordered and received. (probably not unusual) Likely two trips to dealer.
    D)Dealer will install parts.
    E)Dealer will program part so it has a matching ID to your vehicle.
    So in addition to the normal cost of replacing some parts, you will pay the additional cost of doing a computer hookup for programming. Not just a new computer anymore!
    Not sure what IPC and SDM are, but BCM is body control module, HVAC is for heating and airconditioning, and EBCM is the electronic brake control module. And it said "among others" so we don't know how many modules fall under this.
    I worked a system that was mostly analog, mostly solid state, and one component in it had about 100 relays. All parts were subjected to high heat, and extreme cold temps at 50,000 + feet. A wide range of G-forces from CAT shots to hard landing. Inappropriate voltages and wide range of atmospheric pressures. Sometimes very high humidity, salt air, and occasional dousing of various fluids from fuel to oil and solvents. These relays were probably 10 years old by the time I started working on the system and during my 6 years there were very few failures. I would estimate that the entire fleet had 98% of its original relays when I last worked on it. That is a very high time for MTBF in my book. I wish I could say the same for this vehicle. (look at headlight problems for lacrosse slightly older than ours)
    Also this:
    Swapping ECMs or other modules (including the BCM, EBCM, SDM, ECC, and
    IPC) on Global A vehicles will result in damaging both controllers and a no start
    condition will occur in both vehicles due to the new vehicle security code protocol
    (environment).

I think that pretty much says, "Forget about taking it anywhere but dealer."
    edited July 2011
    Just got call from service writer.
    No answer on which USB portable HDD actually work.
    No duplication of play in steering.
    No problem with AC.

They did not say what they did to SBZA, which I suspect is nothing.
    And told it was ready.
    I did learn they changed the column, which means they missed a bulletin saying not to for the lock problem. They were supposed to install a special washer.

I'm ready to punch someone from GM. Gutless idiots at GM have not returned promised call which I've repeatedly passed through dealer.

And the little tidbits I posted concerning Lacrosse from GM, that would not be all because it turns out there are a lot of bulletins that would be listed under "all vehicles". Each one of them would need searching for content.
    I learned more about the coding to parts. Although some parts get the code at dealer, most are coded when ordered. It is done according to your VIN and even the dealer is not able to do those parts.
    Picked up vehicle today. Everything was written that they could not duplicate.
    Example, the SBZA. Even though it did not alert until the vehicle was actually past the rear bumper, dealer states all the new ones coming in are like that and GM says that is how it is designed. If any of you had a properly functioning unit, it may get reprogrammed to bad. GM has so many issues that all of them seem to be walking the company line in lock-step. And that may be why they are in so much trouble. No one inside the company is willing to stand up and announce there is a problem so problems never get fixed.
    They talked the company line for everything. And strongly suspect they are in the position where they have fixed things that I complained to GM about, forgot to mention to dealer, and did it without any paperwork. I mentioned the door seals coming apart at a factory splice some time back. I knew I forgot to mention to dealer when I dropped off that time. But when I picked up and about to leave, the manager walked past me. I said goodnight to him and at the last second remembered them. When I went to show him, no tear. He just smiled and said, "Don't worry we'll take good care of you." What could I say, no problem to show him. All four doors were likely fixed. I only checked two.
    But the dance will go on.
    Yes, I have a good dealer compared to many I've seen. As to the AC, I suspect they recharged the system, but don't know for sure. I'll have to watch that some more. As to the electronics problem of it, they may have fixed, but I'd bet not because of how intermittant it is. So for now, they find nothing wrong.
    I have not been feeling well lately so I was not real pressing to the dealer. I know he was making an effort to find out about the HDD. After Gm running him through the loops and they acting stupid to him, he called me because he did not have an owners manual in hand. And no new ones with nav system on lot. I tried to locate the online pdf I had downloaded, they removed from site. So I sent him a copy of mine.
    GM has taken a page from MS. Don't print anything, that way the customer has nothing to compare to. You must remember that, everytime there was a new release of an OS, there became less documentation. That also helped eliminate errors in the writing.
    Despite my dealers efforts, he has gotten no answer concerning HDD usage. I was so ticked they removed the Nav manual I called GM customer service. I got the usual run around, passed to Nav department, wait, they only sell the update disks. Fuming, I called back. Somehow managed to get someone in Nav technical. Not part of their business. I simply told her, you don't get the USB port without the Nav system so it has to fall in their area. After more passing around of me I got someone who promised to look deeper. And call backs that they did not know and could not find anyone who did. !!+=*** Finally I got someone who told me she was working "outside the box" but was willing to pursue. It seems they have to make contact with the manufacturer of the unit and try to get a response from them.
    I just got another call, hoping they will have answer by tomorrow.
    This is not the ony thing they dropped from print. I was trying to locate that info concerning the CAF and its being able to remove odors. One of the sources I know was the AC Delco parts site. It is not there anymore, but I found a copy I saved when pulling up the pdf for the nav system. The filters, the carbonized ones which is what this vehicle uses, is claimed to remove smoke, odors, and other stuff such as pollen. I will make them eat there words since it does not do that.
    I will publish the list of HDD that GM claims will work here once I get it.
    I have so much music available it might take a while for it to load from a HDD, but I'll have a wide choice.
    Time for oil change and I'll let you know test results as soon as I get it back.
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,268
    Buick is dead serious about shedding its old man's image and demographics as it increases the performance of the 3.6V engine to 303 hp while maintaining the same MPG numbers. Wow! numbers like that used to be reserved for the Cadillac brand but no more. Read more at http://www.egmcartech.com/2011/06/22/2012-buick-lacrosse-gets-303-hp-3-6l-v6-fue- l-economy-remains-the-same/
  • jtsvajtsva Posts: 1
    I concur that this happens and I have a Motorola Droid 2. This is because they want you to not lose your call if you purposely didn't end when cutting off your car. The problem I now have is my Buick will no longer pair with any phone. The minute you try to establish the Bluetooth pairing process you get a Bluetooth Failure message. Taking it in on Monday to the dealership.
    edited August 2011
    Correct about maintaining connection. That is what the transfer option is supposed to handle when leaving vehicle. Mine was doing it automatically upon entering or leaving vehicle.

When yours starting acting up, did you use OnStar or was it to dealer?
    Are there any other features that have changed without explanation?
    My Bluetooth started acting stupid right after using OnStar a one and only time. But not certain it was the reason.
    I fought with the system for nearly a half hour trying to reinstall phone. It should take about 20 seconds. It now works better as it it now answering calls as it should instead of hanging up, but still has issues.
    One thing I just noticed recently is there has been a change in screen access. When vehicle was newer, I could access the page where you could dial a number from screen. Even used it a few times and let my wife use it because she left her phone behind. Brought up the screen while rolling down interstate. Told her to punch in number and it worked. So something has changed. Also it now is stupid about downloading missed, dialed, etc. calls from the cell phone.
    Also when I recently had no start and was trying to call for assistance, even though the vehicle had been off for several minutes, I could not use my cell phone within a hundred feet of it. They wanted VIN which I tried to read from vehicle, but as soon as I got near it, it transferred to inside of vehicle. That is not wanted.
    I am now finding GM updates break more than they fix sometimes and suspect there may have been a forced update one of the many times vehicle was to dealer. Also to other systems such as seat memory, tranny shift program, A/C control, and who knows what else. Oh, the SBZA which now has horrible range.
    I was in fairly loaded loaner. Seat memory had five second delay when opening door and seat would not move ahead when rear door was opened with front open. I asked to have mine like it, it was newer than mine. I was told GM wanted them all alike, so they made that one stupid like mine. I strongly suspect the logic is Chinese and I've ran across some writing that to me sounds like it was translated from Chinese. I derive that conclusion from the troublesome manuals I got with a 73 Mazda RX2 rotary. Very poorly translated fromJapanese.
    I have learned that a lot of GM people don't even know the vehicle. To find out what HDD actually works with these vehicles, they are having to go back to the source of the Nav system because they have absolutely no info on it in house. They even removed the online manual that says you can use a portable HDD.
    How much power do we need?
    Do we need it to be close to a McClaren?
    It might be nice to own one of those very limited production 69 Corvettes, the one where it is stamped on the console 427 HP. That was a big block V8. And a tranny behind it. It was strictly getty up go. No power anything to drag it down, not even power steering. But I'm certain I would not drive it very much.
    So what is the point? Are they trying to make an engine with rather poor economy look more attractive?
    I just figured it out. With the Lucerne gone, the LaCrosse is now the flagship of the Buick brand. And to be top dog, the model must be substantial in size, quality, luxurious amenities and performance. So the 300+ hp makes sense.

However, if this is the intent, then a 4 cylinder, LaCrosse CX with cloth seats diminishes the brand. Furthermore, the upcoming Verano (a Chevy Cruze clone) dilutes the brand even more. To fetch premium prices and to maintain the cache of an upscale brand Buick should avoid its schizophrenic marketing strategy.
    If the Lucernne is gone, then likely the Impala as well.
    As I recall, they both had 3.9L available and AT4. MPG was likely a little less than Lacrosse. So in a climate of high gas prices and ever increasing pressure to raise CAFE numbers, it does not make sense.

And then there is the quality of the Lacrosse on the high end. At least it is an issue for me. Just as a start, there are lots of vehicles with more comfortable seats.
    edited August 2011
    Impala is still alive and a major cog in the GM plan. One more year of the old paltform and older (pre DI/VVT/DOHC) engine line to get rid of all those.
    Next Impala is to be on the Epsilon platform (Lacrosse) with similar engine setups. After that a rear drive Impala with bigger interior and more engine.
    Motor Trend and Automobile have been fed the facts to dribble out the marketing plan.
    Too bad about your Lacrosse experience (and Malibu before that). Ours has really been an exceptional machine and a true value buy for us with a great warranty that we have not had to use sofar (knock on wood!).
    Enjoy - Life is Short. Crankee
    Schizophrenic is the perfect word. After they used up Bob Lutz the telephone/gov't appointed leaders went into a frenzy to mark their turf. That period was tougher inside GM than for us, but they are now back to making cars and not soundbites for politicians so hopefully things are better inside GM.
    This is a great country, but the model of greed and self serving individuals has resulted in what you call Schizophrenic behavior, with great companies and institutions (government, schools, medical services etc.) being adversely impacted by dollar & power driven individuals. Oh well - please excuse the rant. Maybe we will be shocked backed into reality and service for the well being of the group. Better cars is the least of our concerns, but they are getting better in spite of the aforementioned behavior.
    Enjoy Life - It is Short. Crankee
    I thought I read the Impala was to be on super-epsilon, same as park avenue when they bring it back. Are they doing a short term epsilon version?

Do You have the SBZA? I'm guessing not because of the time when it was added. Would love to hear from someone who has it and found the range changed.
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 2,119
    I am still on the fence regarding trading my '09 Allure (old style Canadian Lacrosse) for an '11 now that there are good incentives to be had. I was considering the CX because the local dealers have a couple that appeal to me looks-wise, one in Crystal Red (which is not available for order now, so it has been there a while) and one in Midnight Blue, both with titanium cloth seats and the 17" alloy wheels. There is also a CXL in Quicksilver, the color of my current car, with black leather. I would need to have a super deal to buy that because I don't like black interiors, but it seems to be a better deal than the CX to be honest (only about $1500 more for a lot more stuff). I found one in the same color but with titanium leather at a dealer 200 miles away and I would prefer that if I were to jump and a dealer swap could be arranged. Generally I like light colors inside and out. The red and dark blue are attractive paints on this car though. There are no Summit white versions anywhere nearby and one Diamond White, but it has the cashmere interior and a bunch of options that make it a lot more pricey.

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

Yes that could be correct. Super Epsilon or Epsilon II in GM speak. Also read that they were noodling an idea for an SS model with rear drive and BIG engine. fist the new Impala then the retro approach if the market (read gas, MPG, economy, Payback of 1/3 Fed remaining preferred shares etc. etc.) cooperates and that looks pretty clouded right now.
    ab: We have the 2010 cXL in quicksilver with light grey (titanium) leather.
    The CXL has electric seats on both sides and they are most comfy for us. I agree with your comment that the CXL offers lots of extras @ $1500-$2000
    My wife prefers leather so we always get that- duh!
    edited August 2011
    The Buick Park Avenue (latest Chinese version) is a really nice car. How is it different from the LaCrosse? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d3/New_Buick_Park_Avenue.j- pg/800px-New_Buick_Park_Avenue.jpg
    Isn't that a RWD car?

I wish you luck with your shopping. I just don't see how anyone could get one that has as many problems as mine. Guys I know that work at various dealers are all dumbfounded, none are salemen.
    Definitely do your homework.
    Oddly, I've seen two versions of the Diamond White. One is a brilliant white with just a slight hue of blue. My old Aurora was Diamond White.
    The other is something I'd never consider as Diamond White. It is much warmer and if you look at Lucernne of same color and a few others, it is called Pearl White on those. My Aurora was available in that color too, and i've seen it on some Cadillac.
    If I lived in snow country, I think I'd rule out white. White is fine hear in the south and very common. I wanted to stay away from unusal or quite dark colors here in the south. So I felt the red was a good choice for both locations.
    The pearl and diamond were both tricoat processes and the red seems to be multicoat from what I've read.
    I have to wonder why they discontinued the jewel tint red?
    What options are running up the price?
    If I lived up there, I'd likely look more closely at the AWD.
    Pretty hard to judge from just a picture. I see they added front end sensors.
    That color and wheels are not particularly attractive to me.
    If it was not for the bumper on front I'd think it could be a Regal or Buick Century.
    Having the bumper stick out like that may be insurance reasons. Less damage in small accidents.
    edited August 2011
    Thank you for confirming my perception of the Diamond White paint - I find it to have almost a gold hue to it like it has gold metalflake in the mix but others have told me I am crazy. I know the one you refer to with the almost bluish tone and the one they are now using is not this.

The red jewel has been made unavailable due to the Japan earthquake causing non-availability of some of the components that are in the paint.

Today the dealer was closed and I went over to look on the lot. The red CX and the silver CXL were parked side by side making it easy to compare. From the outside the CX actually looked better because of the color. It was missing the fog lamps and the smaller wheels didn't look quite as good as the 18" ones on the CXL, but overall I liked the red better than the silver. Interestingly the shipping manifest from the Fairfax plant was on the floor and I could read that it left there in November of 2010 so it has been sitting for a while. The silver CXL would have looked so much better if it didn't have the black interior IMO. Without a sunroof it looked quite dingy in there.

Funnily enough, parked next to the CXL was a Regal Turbo, in black with black interior. It had a sunroof so the interior was not quite so dismal. The price was about the same as the CXL (both had dealer-installed incentive price stickers on the window). I was astounded to see that the outside rear door handle area was covered with scratches, as if someone with long nails had been using it regularly. Amazed that they hadn't addressed that. Another reason I do not like dark paints.

Hard to say which I would choose at equal price everything else being equal. I like the Regal styling better but the Lacrosse seems to be more car.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,376
    One of the 3 layer finishes a few years back was "gold flash," a white with tones of gold from the pearlized layer showing at some angles. I preferred a brighter, whiter pearlescent paint such as used on the Cadillacs.
    You just reminded me that I've seen some labeled pearl and they looked like the diamond white to me. Cadillac had both colors too.
    It's as if they mixed up the paint or the labelling. When you see two new Buicks on the lot and one says pearl and the other says white diamond tri-coat, parked right next to each other, and look to be the same exact color, pearl, not even close to diamond white, you have to wonder.
    It has reached the point the GM man is coming to town. I have no idea what to day to him, but this is one vehicle they should take back.

Oil. Tank before last, I checked oil and noted it was down a little from where it was when changed. It was just in the upper cross-hatch area. Something discussed before was the weirdness of these dip sticks. They don't look anything like the owner's manual, and when filled with the amount the manual states, it ends up above the cross-hatch. All the way to the top of the bob attached to the wire. Since that oil level check, I drove that tank out, and about 275 miles on the current tank. I had noted the OLM was about 20% and decided time to change. Vehicle went in shop and put off until getting back. Noted they used quite a bit of gas. Looks like they drove it about 60 miles, plus worked on AC. I had the oil since I got it back and filters on hand and temperature was a little less this morning, so I tackled it.
    First, this pureone filter obviously has a good anti-drainback valve. It was full of oil when removed.
    Amount of oil lost, total, did not wet a paper towel. I did note that the oil looks much blacker than I'm used to for gas engines. Closer to diesel oil. BTW, Mobil has got their labeling caught up and it now shows dexos on the bottle for 5W30 Mobil One.

But alarms went off when I put the used oil from my drain pan back into the 5 qt jug. I drained all the oil I could from the filter. Aside from crushing it and using a squeegie on the drain pan, I got all back in the jug. 5.5 qts in and slightly less than 4.5 qts out.
    I'm used to engines that are tight, using absolutely no oil in 6000 miles. I can only guess how much oil the drop on the stick represents, but it was a long way from the lower cross-hatch.
    I wish I had looked at the stick just before draining.
    I am used to sticks that the difference between the top mark and the bottom is 1 qt. But, as we know, because the sticks are off on the full mark, it is hard to fathom what the marks actually mean. It has me wondering if during the last 1 1/2 tanks of full I had an accelerated rate of oil usuage. Guess I will just have to watch closely until I figure it out.
    And oil is being sent for analysis.
    BTW, results of AC work, still bad. Subsequent to changing the expansion valve, it acted like it was low on freon. Possibility of getting bad expansion valve, but now it acts like it has too much freon. The capacity of these systems was greatly decreased a number of years back, around the time of moving away from R-12. The purpose being that sooner or later a number of systems will lose all freon. Sometimes from an accident. Minimizing the amount of freon in a system meant less released into the atmosphere. These days we don't have a surplus in the system which means the accuracy of fill is more critical than past for optimum cooling. Sadly many shops add oil as a just in case when there is absolutely no signs of oil leakage. Running low on oil is bad. But oil is not compressible and takes up space the freon would normally use. That's right, it still is not blowing extremely cold air at the beginning and quickly cooling interior.
    You just reminded me that I've seen some labeled pearl and they looked like the diamond white to me. Cadillac had both colors too.
    It's as if they mixed up the paint or the labelling. When you see two new Buicks on the lot and one says pearl and the other says white diamond tri-coat, parked right next to each other, and look to be the same exact color, pearl, not even close to diamond white, you have to wonder.
    I've driven both, and the Lacrosse is much more car. The Regal is much like a Malibu, except it has some softer surfaces on interior and is noisier. That is it has a usuable center armrest. The handling is definitely different, but not quite sure why. I suspect different springs and struts, but the electric power steering, if still used in Malibu, makes a big difference in how it feels at the wheel. I personally find the feature offering short in the Regal, but don't know if the Malibu has added the newer things since 09.
    There are some features on Lacrosse I love, even better if they all worked all the time.
    These are the HUD, never have to take my eyes off road to check speed. The HID articulating headlights. I drove one without and could really tell the difference. It just had the standard lights. I don't know how much was because of the brighter HID which seem to have a tighter beam or the articulating.
    The performance with 3.6 is good, but should be delivering better mileage.
    I've driven CXL and CXS. The CXS comes with hyper-strut and definitely is a step up in handling.
    The touring package is iffy. It has full time electronic control of suspension system, a plus. I would say it removes some of the bouncey from the ride. Definitely if you put in sport mode. Some have said they can't tell the difference between when sport mode is on and off. The test most used is go across a speed bump slowly. You can definitely see it stiffens ride. So, I generally don't use it at speeds below 35 MPH. Cruising roads or highway, it depends upon the road surface. If the road is smooth, I might leave it on just for added handling capability. I have seen three different suspensions under rear of 10-11 Lacrosse. One was like a huge piece of cast aluminum in a triangular shape. It had two forward attachment points with the third at the wheel and acting like a trailing link. Another had two arms each side attached at center line and wheel. This I had confused with the H-arm. Some mechanics were incorrectly calling that type of suspension H-arm. It may be called H-pattern sometimes. I eventually learned that H-arm is similar to it, except there is some solid structure between the two arms so it is not able to move forward or aft with respect to the vehicle. And used on some high end sports cars such as Lamborghini. Also the arms are much shorter. Consequently, when hitting bumps in road at high speed, it causes some sway of rear. It is strictly because of mechanics of the short arm and the wheel trying to move in and out. Turning sport mode on eliminates almost all of it. (I don't like a swaying rear end either).
    The GY tires seem to be the bad part of touring package. Noisy and hard. Slippery on the slightest amount of snow. A bit more latteral flex to sidewalls would likely eliminate much of the rear sway when not in sport mode.
    Nav/Radio.... The 11 speaker HK is not all it can be, but superb when compared to the standard radio which should probably be consigned to work trucks. But the source is a big question mark. Radio stations are just that. XM is better but drops out too much. CD, DVD, music copied to HDD is best, except it would even be better if the USB portable HDD actually worked. That way I'd have an immense amount of music available to me.
    There is no doubt that the world of electronics is fastly changing, but they were too far behind when GM implemented it in this vehicle. A two year old Navigation database is unforgivable. It has given me too many wrong directions. $200 bucks for the update disk, which is already outdated. Also the GPS drops out so even OnStar turn by turn won't work. And OnStar should have stayed with satcom system in case you lose cell service.
    I mentioned the frequent dropout of XM, so XM Nav is not truly dependable. Not to mention their monitoring is very limited. Only major metropolitan areas.
    I do note that in the menu for adding bluetooth device, there is one for adding a GPS. I suspect that may be for a highend one that could possibly link to full time monitoring such as verizon VZ Navigator. I can get the app on my cell phone, but don't know if there is any way for it to communicate with vehicle. (other than bluetooth phone part). And for truly hands free operation, it needs more commands. Still it is a nice map and rear camera. When the camera is up to the job. Sunlight and brake lights can interfere with what it sees.
    The rear sunshade. Helps with bright lights at night too.
    SBZA, side blindzone alert. Well, when it was working it was absolutely great. It was very beneficial toward minimizing the time you'd hunt the mirrors for something. Once you saw the warning, then you could follow with more thorough looking once you were certain that the extra looking in the mirror would not put you into the back end of someone. My son-in-law almost crashed mine because he spent too much time checking the right side mirror and traffic had come to a stop ahead of us.
    But there are a number of things that I feel need improvement.
    GY tires
    The entire seat (the bottom, the back, especially lumbar support, and headrest)
    Better isolation of the steering wheel from road bumps, vibration, etc. and maybe a bit more padding. Make mine a tilt, not rake.
    Better gas mileage.
    Improve the rear camera. And add those side alerts some vehicles have, as well as the front system.
    Fix XM and GPS reception. I had XM in another vehicle and it worked, so I know it is the vehicle/radio.
    Having to add air to tires at least once a month, sometimes twice, says it is time to fix leaky wheels or tires.
    Fix the CAF system so it does what is claimed, remove odors and filter pollen at least!
    Better trunk liner, one that makes use of the space behind it too.
    Reprogram several items so they work as they should. Heck, just fix everything on production so twice a month visits to service are not routine.
    A bit more.
    I would certainly wonder why that red one is still around. A friend works in parts, non-GM, and confirmed that they are still able to change mileage on vehicles with computer test. If a computer dies, they have to be able to input the current mileage into the new computer.
    The date you mention I'm rather certain would have been before they put 4 cylinder in the CX, thus no upcharge for 3.6L.
    You mentioned no fog lamps. I prefer to call them driving lights since they are not yellow. They are quite useful when driving slower speeds such as below 40 MPH. They give nice close in lighting to avoid the unwanted. One nice thing they did with them is the switch. A nice big round button that is easily located by touch, making it turning on/off blind man capable.
    With lower profile tires it is something I would definitely want. Good tires are expensive and as one tire dealer told me, he would not sell me a road hazard because of the number of claims he has had on low profile tires.
    rider: Have to say you post the most detailed comments on all components.
    Your post on the H-arm sent me to the garage. The H-arm setup on our 2010 CXL is really more robust. The main member is indeed attached at four major points (h-arm) with the additional heavy cast member from the wheelwell/body to the member to avoid movement front/rear or fore and aft to nautical types. All the additional cast parts added greater weight and strength (and cost) and was only on ours due to the 4-wheel drive option (only on 2010 CXLs). We did not order it just got lucky without the finicky 4-wheel drive contraption! The car does not bounce or sway at all on the road even over bumps at speed (Michelin tyres) and the suspension seems to be overall outstanding at keeping the tyres on the road for better handling and control. Newer models use a stamped steel (cheaper/lighter) main member that is common on many crossovers to save cost. The H-arm definately cost MUCH more to design, mfr and install.
    Engine: Per prior posts our 3.0L is all around great. 29MPG at 75 and plenty of power thoughout the torgue curve IMO.
    We have not had any major issues with the car at 11000 miles and feel it is a great value.
    good luck with your attempt to get a replacement vehicle for your CXS- I have never tried that with gm but have received great responses to TSB and non-recall repair issues when I got a knowledgeable rep in Detroit - not in world city X.