Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• doc15doc15 Posts: 37
    Yes, I had the same problem. ( Metal clunking sound on start-up.) Check my prior messages and that should help you.

Let me know.
  • Interesting - I'm at 1500 miles, and haven't noticed any real change in frequency. I shared this forum with my dealer, and will fill him in on these experiences to see if it can assist in diagnosing the issue.

Thanks for your reply!
  • Thanks! I should have searched for "clunk" before asking!!
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
    Can you tell me what fixes occured?
    Will the seat still do easy exit?
    Does it move ahead before you get in?

There are lots of posts about the clunk as you likely know by now.

What type of CD did you copy to HDD? I copied a double to HDD, stamped CD, and info was retained, but not certain of quality.
  • They replaced the seat module... I don't use easy exit, and I'm the only driver, so the only thing I've noticed is that the seat doesn't randomly move on it's own before I get in anymore. So it's a perfect fix for me!

The CD I copied is just a regular music CD that was just released last week. I can't imagine that it wouldn't have the artist/song info embedded with the tracks. In any event, I am">link title going to try another CD today to see if I have more success. Will post an update later...
  • cooleyddcooleydd Posts: 105
    I have the seat update on my 2010 CXS and it works. When I turn off the motor and open the door the seat moves back to the far position. When I get to the car, open the door there is a slight pause (should be longer) before the seat moves to the set position. Getting out and hitting the buttons does not do anything.

Sometimes when I get in the seat has a touch farther to go and if necessary I correct by pausing the #1 button. The most it moves would be less than an inch.

The seat has a built in feature that will automatically stop if it hits something on the floor blocking the movement. I wonder if when I set down if this triggers the stop. Have not verified this.
    I don't know what determines when it has arrived at memorized location. The remote puts mine in a very reclined position about 50% of the time. And I have ended up cycling the easy exit more than once. Instead of it deciding it was in the proper location, it decides to go back even farther.
    Have you had the new program installed by a dealer. All that have had it installed and have reported here have no more problems. Seems to work as it should.
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,060
    Sales of GM's Buick LaCrosse saw the largest percentage increase of all locally produced vehicles, with 4,432 delivered in October, up 37.3 percent from 3,073 in October 2009. (Source: Kansas City Business Journal )
  • claybasketclaybasket Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Programed door locks to unlock automatically "driver door only" and tried setting it "Off". If I lock the doors and set the alarm with the fob, and the fob is in my pocket all the doors can still be opened by pulling the handles. How is this safe? Dealer could not correct the problem. Anyone approaching the vehicle on the passenger side can open the doors at their free will. Has anyone experienced this problem? I have a 2010 Lacrosse CXL.
    Is there a way to install programming or are you referring to the new module part number?
    I believe the new part number.
    Now that the point has been brought up, I suspect mine is operating this way. I shall have to check and make sure it is not sensing the presence of FOB at passenger side.
    That is I'll leave FOB at driver's door and see what happens.
    When you open driver's door is it unlocking all the others? You'd notice the lock button come up.
    I know that opening passenger door only, manually, autounlock set, it unlocks the rear doors presuming someone wants to get in rear. Since this would seem to be software programming it could certainly be another choice item.
    I'm still hoping someone will leak what OS is being used and how to access it via a laptop at USB port. At this point I'm beginning to worry that it is some Chinese system, proprietary at that.
    Thanks, that is good to know. I shall also continue to hope there is some method of programming it with new firmware or possibly software. GM would be more likely to bring forth more updates/fixes.
    I tested. Put FOB on ground by driver door. Unlocked and checked passenger side doors. Driver side, rear door will open and then automatically unlocks doors other side.
    Passenger side doors remain locked, all combinations unless your open rear driver side.
    Peculiar behavior of seat memory did occur. Open driver door, set moved ahead. Cycling through a second time moved seat to easy exit. I noticed that it seemed to be straining like maybe cold has made grease stiff. I heard the relay kick out when it stopped and it might not be quite as far back as normal. After that it ceased movement when cycling doors with auto unlock. This seems to hint of possible errors and also suggests that positioning related to FOB might be in conjunction with timer relays. This could cause it to stop at different locations depending upon interior temperature.
    I hope your locking system works this way, but not the seat memory. I currently don't have list of settings I've chosen.
  • enphanenphan Posts: 23
    Thank you for all of your responses. I check the manual, I can manually change where the air blowing out, but at auto mode, it works that way. I never has auto mode before.

Thank you
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,705
    If the auto mode on your LaCrosse is programmed like the H-body's unit, it also changes which vents the air comes from based on the sunlight load detected by the sensors. If it's on automatic speed control, the fan speed may even change.
    It also changes the operation based on the outside air temp; I've had mine switch to windshield/floor operation when the outside temps were in the low 30s.

Essentially you have a three part program:
    Fan speeds
    Air vent choice
    Temperature control

You pick the temperature control and the unit varies what comes out and where based on the temps it gets from the return air through the little holes on the dash along with the temperature of the air it's blowing out through the system.

You can leave the fan speed on auto or you can change the blower speed and the system relinquishes control of that auto feature.

You can leave the airflow direction on automatic or you can manually pick which way you want the air to flow.

There also is a choice of vent taking in outside air or recycling some air from inside the cabin. You can demand venting by pushing the right button or setting. The unit in automatic mode may select recycle on its own to try to adjust cabin temperature when it deviates widely from the requested temperature.

This message has been approved.

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    rainman5542,
    Will you please e-mail me with your VIN, complete contact information including a telephone number to get a hold of you, and current mileage. I would like to look into this for you. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service