Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• crankeeecrankeee Posts: 297
    edited October 2012
    Mike: I agree. The new low profile high speed tires can go for $300 or more and if you get 30,000 you are lucky. I switch to the S & T ratings with Michelin all seasons when possible. I/2 the cost ant 2-3 X the mileage.
    Also find that the BMW set really is not concerned with the price. Guy I know was quoted $2400 for run flats at the dealer for a 5 series. UGH!
  • mike189mike189 Posts: 23
    thank you crankee , i can say that most bmw drivers are into their cars , thats why they drive a bmw , but bmws are so much more critical to road vibrations , and handling issuies than a buick driver would be , it seems some buick drivers just nag about certain issuies for they dont understand the vehicle within itself , the more you know about a vehicle any vehicle , the more you truly appreciate its being what it is , as i work on bmws , i do love my lacorsse
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
    Wow, that is shockingly terrible. Maybe they need to put a placard on dash instruments, "Tires will need to be replaced by 24K", such as when jumping out of park was an issue.

And with the touring package tires, placard should also read, "Not for winter use" in my experience.
    Maybe some education on tire buying is necessary as well. I say that because of my last experience that last time I got caught in a unexpected snow with cold snap. People sliding all over the place, over curbs, into street and power poles, into each other, into my lane. As soon as I could, I parked. Some of it was likely dumb driving, most I suspect was tires not up to the job.
    One thing I liked was that each tire pressure was shown and if off by 1 PSI I corrected. Still 2 went bad by 12K. Missing the each tire feature because I have 1 tire leaking 2-3 psi per month and I always feel it about a week after leveling. Also, GM noted, that their wheels lose air, at least a few pounds per month on aluminum designs.
    Acknowledge that some people are stupid when it comes to tires. This weekend attention was called to step-daughters vehicle by different son-in-law. OMG, inner edge of front tires showing ~1/2" width of steel cords, many broken. That sort of thing needs an [non-permissible content removed] kickin'. I can't imagine what she was thinking. An 09 KIA Sorento with original tires. Granted they are only three years old Michelin OE tires. Can you believe she actually expected the tires to last beyond such low mileage? Only 76,000 miles.
    You might note that nearly all tire complaints on Lacrosse are for the Goodyear/touring package which likely is only a couple percent of all Lacrosse.
    Lesson: Start with a good tire.
    Crankee, I'm glad you seem to have gotten a good one. I was just passing the word as to what GM's man said about this vehicle.
    I likely strive for a higher level of safety, satisfaction, having been responsible for other peoples lives in war and those who fly.
    My many years of experience tell me the world has too many slip-shod, non-careing, send me the check at home individuals. You likely saw the videos of GM workers smoking pot and drinking beer at lunch time.

Getting a good one (not just this vehicle) should not be an accident. And whether the boss man, the mechanic, or even the owner, if you don't know what is wrong you can't fix it.
    This is not the only forum I follow and offer knowledge.
    I had that happen once with only about 2K miles. I rebooted and it had not returned by 12K miles.
    This sort of issue happens to often, in my thinking, reboot the vehicle. Some have posted such that happens while driving that could be safety related. If you see that you are blinding other drivers, I'd suggest getting it in even if message goes away. And if you get one of the other messages or faults that comes and goes, try to discern if it is safety issue.
    I had one saying, "Service suspension system soon" as I was driving out on 3000 mile trip. Vehicle loaded, cut cross town to my dealer. Much delayed and they not wanting me to take their vehicle, loaner, on such trip, it was returned to me with, "Could not find anything. Just reset message." Having bad electronically controlled suspension could be dangerous.
    Good Luck
  • MY 2010 CXS with Touring and GY Eagles showed no signs of wear at 18k when I sold the vehicle. I have thm on my 2012 Regal GS now.
  • Hello bwia,
    We're sorry that you're having difficulties getting this AFL concern addressed with your dealership. We'd be happy to check into this further with your dealer if you wanted to send us more information via email (include your name and Edmunds username, contact information, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • crankeeecrankeee Posts: 297
    We had similar experiences. One Bonneville had 65,000 on Michelin X that resulted in dry rot/cracking sidewalls before we could wear them out. Same car got 65,000+ on brake pads. Grand prix wore out pads, tires and front end by 60,000 miles so all the results vary by vehicle, driver and tire brand. Our 2010 Lacrosse CXL came with Pilot Michelins that look good at 15,000. Hope they wear well because they list for over $300 due to new low profile (235x50- 18") design. I wonder if anyone has put S or T rated higher mileage Michelins on a Lacrosse and been happy with wear and service? The size and low profile may make the choices limited but somebody may have a good alternative Michelin tire to get mileage and service.
    You have an interesting vehicle since per show room catalog for 2011, the "Touring Package" was new in 2011 model. H-arm was available as option on some models.
    Tires were not worn out by tread depth, although showing some wear, they would not balance per GM service. That could be cupping, separation, etc.
    Which model of GY?
    They were also very problematic on Impala and other vehicles using the LS model. Such a terrible tire that it was quickly replaced with LS2 and per Mechanics I talked to they were no better at the uneven wear, cupping, not possible to RFB.
    Hope you are enjoying your vehicle, glaring interior chrome and all.
    Some may have known defect, but issue I experienced, and others, is that any accidental press of trunk button on FOB results in open trunk. Carrying keys in pocket or purse is hazardous.
    As to tire wear, if I used "worn out" in reference to issue I experienced, it was as in "shot, caput, unuseable". They were "replace" per RFB (road force balance) machine.
    When considering treadwear alone, it is typical that "high performance, ultra performance" tires do lose their usuable tread quicker. That is a trade for ultra sticky tires. If you drive like on a race track you might want/need them assuming you can afford tires and loss of vehicle that often.
    The Eagle RSA price is dropping like the guy who broke the sound barrier yesterday. They are now half the price of Michelin Pilot 94Y and owner rating has dropped even lower. (tire rack)
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,289
    We're sorry that you're having difficulties getting this AFL concern addressed with your dealership

Thanks Sarah for your offer of help. My complaint was not with my original dealer (the one I bought my CXS from) but rather with this newly established dealer only three miles from my home. Nonetheless, I will make an appointment with my original dealer who's been great and treats me like the valued customer that I am.

Meanwhile, the "Service AFL Lamp" warning light did not return until this afternoon, so this the problem appears to be more than an electronic glitch. But I hope not serious to interfare with my night driving.
  • doc15doc15 Posts: 37
    Drivers seat has "easy exit" but the problem is on ENTRY. Open door and seat will move forward to setting in memory. Moves forward before key is put in ignition. It does NOT courtesy back for easy entry. I see no setting for a delay in car options for this 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL. I drive in a seat forward position so this creates a problem on entry. Legs hit protruding left side of dash board. Been to dealership 3 times. They say that's how the memory seat system is designed.
    Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?
    Thank You
    doc15
  • They are right, there is no "fix" because this is not a problem. The system is functioning as it was designed. On my CXS which has the passive ignition and locking system when I park, depress the button to cut the car off, then open the door, my seat moves back as soon as I open the door. When I return to the car and open the door my seat moves back into the position I desire while I am getting into the car. I have no problems with the way it works personally but if it is an aggrivation to you I would suggest that you turn off the easy exit function, move the seat back where you want it when you get out of the car and when you re-enter the seat will not move until you sit down and depress the desired memory button.
  • dslongdslong Posts: 10
    There is no fix, but it is still a problem, with the design. Designed with any thought and the seat wouldn't move until entry is achieved and the seat position button is pushed. Even the fact that you have to hold the button until the position is achieved is a design flaw. Another option may have been a 5 second delay before the seat moves into position. Focus groups, if used would have shaken their heads in disbelief at the operation of the easy exit, seat return function. Luckily, with my vehicle, even with the easy exit turned on the seat doesn't move back when the door is opened 75% of the time. I'm pleased that joelippard3 is happy with this function. I just think if a car has an easy exit feature, maybe it should have an easy entrance feature too.
  • doc15doc15 Posts: 37
    Thanks for the information. In my opinion a very poor design.
    Sorry Doc. I too was agravated with the function. 96 Olds I had waited until engine was started for forward movement. 2010 MKS also waits till start button is pushed and retracts upon shutdown.
    And quite aggravating is that GM showed that the time delay for forward movement is adjustable, at least on 2011 CXS. Mine was changed from no delay to 3 seconds delay and a loaner they had me in had a full 5 seconds delay, without other stupid actions.
    The stupid actions being that if wife opened her door first then mine would not move. Or if you left driver door open with seat retracted, engine off, and opened rear door the driver seat moved ahead.
    Someone at GM customer service claimed that some issues were fixed in the NAV update disc, but I would not bet on it. I would have wanted proof before laying out a few hundred dollars for the disc.
    As to courtesy back, if it does not operate as described in manual, as a least, then I'd say you have a valid complaint.
    As to whether GM fixes is another issue.
  • mike189mike189 Posts: 23
    on my 2011 buick lacrosse cxl awd , mirrors do work correctly now and without any proiblems , but i am not satisfied with operation of memory seats , i have seat positions set , for 1 and 2 , that works perfect , i do have my seat set for easy exit where the seat moves back , excellent idea , bmws dont do that ,lol, but as far as unlocking vehicle with remote and seat going to correct position, that is a issuie , but i am not hung up on it , there are other car mfg s out there with big time issuies with their product and they have no clue , no clue what so ever , i work for bmw dealer , the product is awesome , but i drive a buick , and will not drive a ford, never mind lease or but one , insane
    i will have this addessed at my next svc next week ,
    i will advise on my results
    I don't remember the exact setting name or exactly how to CXL, but sure it is same as CXS. Mine was CXS with NAV, the big screen.
    There is a separate setting allowing seat to move ahead to programmed position when using remote or the passive entry. If I remember the correct terminology, passive entry, that is when you just pull the door handle and because the key fob is close it allows unlock and opening. Depending upon what programming they may have put in yours, there is a difference of using one or the other. If you have the second of delay, or three second of delay, or extremely lucky to have the longer delay, the seat will still move the instant you push the remote unlock. If you just pull to open you will have the delay.
    That is if it works at all.
    Some have ugly programming GM won't fix where if the passenger door is pulled open first, the seat won't move. And other glitches not for American style, such as seat moving ahead if driver door is left open and rear door is opened. That is if it does not continue moving and crush you against steering or knees to dash.
    Maybe GM thinks they can get away with it without NHTSA forcing fix because you would likely be in a parked situation, but these days many shopping centers parking are under the same control as local roads. Happened as part of economic development changes. And to untangle responsibility for law and upkeep. That is you are not parking in a private lot enabling writing of ticket for bad parking or accident.
    In the end, I'd complain until they fixed what I paid for.
    As to you comments being a diehard Buick man.
    I'm glad someone is sticking their neck out trying to get it all resolved. Hint, you will need to amass an army or much of it will be just shined off.
    After amassing the number of problems I had on 2011 CXS and the fixes on two items, the steering and A/C not cooling as well after fix attempts, I decided I did not want to live at dealership even though they were nice people. That is I can not say the cause of bad fixes were because of mechanic. They follow GM trouble shooting procedures which may have put them in the wrong part of A/C system. Or they may have gotten a bad GM Part. So original complaint still existed.
    And also for the steering column. (GM changed the fix for locking column shortly after mine) I saw the special rack for holding column at dealer, removing and installing. I don't know if damage occurred during removal of old or installing new or they just got a bad new one or missed something upon installing. It created play in the steering shaft that allowed the vehicle to dart with a roadsurface imperfection. Enough to cross the line and nearly sideswipe.
    My experience with two vehicles post GM bailout have me wondering if their better employees bailed when the trouble began and maybe went to foreign name American made. The bailout allowed them to keep operating, but with what were essentially trainees.
    Keep it up, getting GM fixed. As a taxpayer, I want my money back. Before they go bellyup completely. I can only hope the governments share does not require us to make good on retirements when that happens.
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,289
    edited November 2012
    We're sorry that you're having difficulties getting this AFL concern addressed with your dealership.

I finally brought my 2011 CXS in today and the issue was resolved in about 30 minutes. The service manager said that they were very familiar with the problem as there is a technical bulletin out on it. (Probably not seriuos enough to prompt a recall)
    All that was required was a reprogramming of the lighting system. The notation on the work order reads as follows:
    CAUSE:
    -- MS N9657 Headlamp Control Module

Don't know what that means but the warning light has gone away and the headlights seems to be working fine. By the way, they gave me a copy of the instructions for the service technician and the only thing I can discern from it is "J2534 Pass Thru: Final Instructions and Programming Complete."

Finally, I want to thank my original dealership in Hanover, MA for doing such a fine job. By comparison, the dealership closer to my home had no clue. As a matter of fact they had never heard the term "AFL Lamps" before much less to fix the problem.
    Sounds like you might have USB port. These fixes for reprogramming the dealer gets from GM. If they install with normal test equipment, it takes them 1/2 hour plus. Once the dealer gets that program, they can put it on a USB thumb drive, advised to do so by GM. GM claims it then takes only 2 minutes to install update.
  • I am unable to set the clock once we went off DST. I have been to the dealership three times with no luck. I have a 2010 LaCrosse CXL. I did not have this problem in the past. I can set it manually and it will keep the correct time until I shut off the engine. Does anyone know how to set the clock so it keeps the correct time?
  • Sounds like your dealer is not very adept. This one is simple. The software that governs that needs to be re-programmed. Same thing happened to my CXS with NAV. There is a software update that addresses this.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,154
    footballfan2,

We'd be happy to check up on this with your dealership if you wanted. Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, a summary of the situation, and the name of your dealership).

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,399
    Got a new 2021 LaCrosse yesterday. I've had memory seats before and never liked them so on this car we won't bother to engage it. My wife and I are fine with the same setting so no aggravation necessary. Keeping as much of the tech stuff off the board as possible. Turn on the key and drive. Wish me luck.
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Posts: 2,770
    Joe, mine is doing the same thing. Had it checked when the oil was changed at a Chevy dealer (Same company, just the Chevy dealer was 15 miles closer). The looked for codes in the radio. Nothing. Now, I lose the volume, it "resets" itself, And when it comes back on, 12:00, Jan 1,2006 and no GPS for about 2 min. Then is sets to correct date, but GMT. Hopefully that's all it needs is a reflash. Gonna take it to the Buick shop. At least they work w/ the Nav system on a reg basis.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,154
    We hope all goes well with your visit, cooterbfd! Looking forward to an update.

• Did you ever get an answer to this question? Did you end up buying this headunit? I am also considering, but, like you, hesitant to buy something like that from China. I have the 2012 Lacrosse Premium 1 and love it, but REALLY regret to getting the touchscreen option :(
  • I had the same problem with my 2010 CXS. The reprogram fixed it last year. This year when I took it in, it was out of warranty. They told me that the bulletin they had said that if the reprogram didn't work, that the radio needed to be replaced. They decided to make a good faith warranty since I had been in the year before with the same problem. They replaced my radio. The only problem was that I couldn't pause or rewind like I was able to do before. They ended up getting another radio. Apparently this time it was designed for the 2012 models. According to the dealership they had to wait for some guy to write a new program so that the newer model radio would work correctly with my 2010 model. Everything works fine now.