Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
    2011 CSX with NAV, I found not DST or time zone setting.
    I'll second that emotion about GM. There are certainly some in their system that seem to be people just there to pickup check.
    Some may remember my posting about the AC oil filter from factory that was missing anti-drainback valve. I called the number listed with AC Delco site & explained they have a quality problem. They guy acted like so what?
    I took the time to let them know of a quality issue and that is the type of response I got? Shame on GM.
    The price of a filter is cheap unless it cost you an engine.
  • rainman5542rainman5542 Posts: 114
    The menu options are part of Configuration and ONLY are present when the car is in PARK but running.
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,161
    Nothing new to report except the road noise from the 19-inch wheels is becoming more pronounced. Between 3K to 5K the noise level was acceptable but now, a little more irritating.

Other than that, the car is smooth and composed and still a head turner. The paint and interior leather are still show room new and the HID Xenon lights are still blindingly bright especially when combined with the fog lights. No longer am I am hesitant to drive at night because I can see so much better with the HID.

All in all I am very satisfied with my CXS except for the road noise which can be a little annoying on winter ravaged roads.
    edited April 2011
    Webbie, my name does not display when I sign in, what gives.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    50324lacrosse,

Glad to hear your issues have now been fixed. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact customer assistance.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    cooleydd,
    I apologize for your concerns and experience. Can you please email me the case number?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    dwight9,

I would recommend taking the vehicle into the dealership to be diagnosed. Please keep me posted on any information you may find out.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • dwight9dwight9 Posts: 8
    Thanks Caron for following up with me on this. I have an appointment for next Monday to take the car in to see if they can resolve the problem with not being able to set the clock. I'll let you know how I make out. Just seems strange that I didn't have this problem last year when daylight savings time when back in October; I don;t remember having to do anything to affect the time, it just took care of itself, now this time can't do anything to make it hold the time.

Dwight
    e_net_rider,
    I apologize for your frustrations. You are able to turn it off so when you hit the button on the key fob the seat won’t move. This way when you get in the vehicle you can press the button to the memory setting of your choice. This is all detailed in the owners manual.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    edited April 2011
    A close look at the sales numbers for the LaCrosse shows the following trend.
    2009 Calendar year 27,818
    2010 Calendar year 61,178 – 120% increase

2010 First quarter 26,882
    2011 First quarter 24,810 – (7.7%) decrease

Sales in first quarter of 2010 by months:
    2010 January 4,246
    2010 February 8,291
    2010 March 14,345

However, comparable sales for 2011 show a steady decrease
    2011 January 3,771 – (11.2%) decrease
    2011 February 8,100 – (2.3%) decrease
    2011 March 12,939 – (9.8%) decrease

I have a theory that perhaps the new Regal is cannibalizing LaCrosse’s sales. It seems as though GM has not positioned the LaCrosse properly. For essentially the same size and features the Regal is so much cheaper. If they are trying to attract a younger demographic that is a good thing but there should be more of a differentiation between the Regal and LaCrosse to justify the price premium. But what do I know? I am just an average Joe.

Source: http://media.gm.com/content/dam/Media/gmcom/investor/2011/DeliveriesDecember2010- .pdf
  • Comparing the 2009 Lacrosse sales to the 2010 sales is laughable, they only made a few 2009 Lacrosse's because the 2010 was coming out...The 2009 production was stopped early, which I know because I was in the market for one and not many were available...It's disappointing to see the sales dropping on the new Lacrosse, it would be interesting to see which cars are gaining sales in it's category also....
    When it rains, it pours. Would you believe that after writing about declining Lacrosse sales I saw four of them today? One white, one silver and two midnight blues. After complaining that the Lacrosse was a rare bird, so rare in fact, that I had only seen two in one year....And on a rainy today, I had 4 sightings which was very refreshing.
    Thanks for the reply, but I already knew that. I want it to work. The memory is the reason I passed over other vehicles such as the Impala.

A somewhat alagorical story: Once upon a time there was a company well known for its computer sound cards. They even implemented new types of sound for use in gaming which became a standard for several game makers. Many were satisfied of the products and raved about them, but there were many that also had problems because they did not carefully vet their software and thus lots of rants. As almost all computer part manufacturers do, they created software fixes. Alas their fixes were not fixes at all. They turned off the features, via software, that some customers were having issues with. Their support got a bad reputation for sure. Also decision makers in the company decided "end of life" for product was when a new Operating System was released. Thus if you wanted to move to a newer operating system you had to buy a new sound card, they hoped from them since they were the premier maker. Customers got smart and the company went "BANKRUPT".
  • gberpagberpa Posts: 44
    I have also seen a lot more '10/'11s in our area. My block has 3 -2 qucksilver including my '11 CXS and 1 black.
  • e net rider, I like your reply to customer service. Do they really think that it is as simple as that? Did you find any fine print in the owners manual that said "if you have memory seats, you may experience shortness of breath due to being pushed up against the stearing wheel"?
    To say "just shut it off" is a huge cop out. Why don't they tell the owners the truth which is they don't know why it is occuring and we do not know how to fix it.
    My car shakes at highway speeds (GM customer service, do not message me) and if they tell me to just shut if off, I will be really annoyed. I already know they don't know why it is shaking.

DAVE
    2010 LaCrosse
  • I have a 2011 Lacrosse CXS. The car always felt like the tires were out of balance also. I Took the car to the dealership,both the service advisor and the mechanic drove the car and said nothing was wrong and they could not help me.(Less than 300 miles on car) I took it to a independant tire dealer and said the wheels were not true. I went back to the dealership and had the zone rep drive the car and he said he could not feel any problem, but had the alignment checked..all ok. They decided to put 4 new michelin tires on(oem)..did not help..less than 500 miles on car..total of 3 trips to the dealership by now.I then took it to another independant tire dealer and had the tires checked and "road forced balanced"..did not help. I now have 2600 miles on car..took it back to the dealership again this week..they let me drive another 2011 Lacrosse (only 14 miles on odometer)..it had the same balance/vibration problem..only worse!! I got in my car and left...GM/BUICK do not want to hear it!! The dealerships stopgap problems from going to engineers or corporate people that can solve your issues. What do I do now..I'm not sure..this is my 8th new GM vehicle since 1992.. I presently own a 2500HD Silverado,and a GM Winnebago motorhome.I am happy that someone else that had these problems got them solved even tho it took a long time.
    dwight9,
    Thank you for the update. I look forward to hearing from you once you have spoke with a dealer.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • I would be interested to know what size wheels your LaCrosse has. If you don't want to share it in public, I understand. Do you only notice it at highway speeds? Feel free to email me: 50324dave@gmail.com

DAVE
    2010 LaCrosse
    e_net_rider,
    I apologize that you do not like the functionality of this feature; however it is operating as designed. If it is difficult to get in due to the seat moving so close to the steering wheel another option would be to set the memory seating a little farther back, to accommodate getting in the vehicle, and then moving it forward to your specifications. I hope this helps! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service