Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• poodog13poodog13 Posts: 320
    I have not noticed any torque steer in the AWD G35, and that's with 306 horsepower.

Yes, but that is a primary RWD vehicle, meaning most of the power still goes backwards under normal driving conditions. Not so with a primary FWD vehicle equipped for AWD.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,415
    If that is all it would take to satisfy you, you ought to let Buick know. A running change like that shouldn't be too difficult, although it wouldn't do anything to improve the car you are turning back.
  • My dealer just told me that they are going to have a phonebook function but it wasn't ready when they released the car. It will be a software update in the spring. Hope this is true, this car has such great technology except for the bluetooth.
  • After having my Lacrosse CXS for a week, I still love it. Yes, it has a blind spot, but not too much worse than other cars I have had, and certainly not enough for me to want anything else. I have a long commute and the seats are comfortable. The hard drive for music is great. The nav is great, but it should have a qwerty keyboard for input instead of alpha order. It is much more responsive than I expected. People wrote that it doesn't downshift quick enough, but I haven't noticed that, it has plenty of power whenever I need it. The cooled seats actually work, had them in other cars and they did nothing. The steering is also much better than I was led to believe. Easy to steer but much less over-powered than the Lexus. I'm driving it to Vegas (from CA) tomorrow so that will be a good test and I'll get to try out the cruise control for the first time. Any questions from potential buyers, feel free to ask.
  • paulctpaulct Posts: 16
    Here's my last post on this topic. GM bought the car back as they promised and gave me 100% refund. It took some time and some paperwork but GM honored their warranty. GM is good for their word on the 60 day program. After closer scrutiny, I decided on the MKS which has more visibility for my needs. Hopefully GM will have a partial cure to improve the visibility by lowering the side mirrors and making them smaller. Good luck.
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Posts: 2,770
    Paul, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you with the Lacrosse. Fortunately, it sounds as if you had a good experience w/ GM. Best of luck with the MKS. My father would be jealous of you ;)
  • I turned in my rental this afternoon. Due to the snow in Nebraska, I didn't do quite as much driving as usual, but I still put 800 miles on it. I really liked the LaCrosse. At 75-80 mph on the interstate, it was very quiet and handled very well. It had more than enough power to enter the highway and merge with 75 mph traffic - it was a 6 cylinder. I didn't notice any significant problem with blind spots that some posters have complained about.

All in all, even though this was a rental that didn't have some of the things I'd want in my own car (nav system for one), I liked it well enough to keep it very high on my list of potential replacements.
  • verdugoverdugo Posts: 1,991
    Thanks for the report. Glad to hear that the blindspot problem seems to be more of a personal issue.
  • I have been considering a lacrosse for several weeks now. I'm just about to purchase but I had a few questions for any owners.

I'm looking at the CXS with nav, heads up display and sunroof.

Questions:

1) Do you feel there is enough space for storage. When I say storage, trunk space? Also what about the front compartment space, like room for quarters, sunglasses, etc... It seemed short on space and POWER ADAPTERS in the front when I test drove.

2) I want the nav because the back seems hard to see out. So the backup camera I am hoping will fix this. Comments?

3) Are you able to put in a destination in the NAV (By voice or txt) while moving? Most navs block this but I was hoping there was someway a passenger could add a address while moving.

4) Have you tried to play a DVD movie on it? Is it possible to watch while moving? I assume not, but just asking.

5) How is the bluetooth? I'm really looking forward to linking my phone to have bluetooth while I'm driving!

Thanks so much for any further input!
  • ggeeooggeeoo Posts: 94
    I heard they actually make a 2010 Buick Park Ultra that is a 6" longer because
    the Chinese folks often have Chauffeurs so back seat is more roomier. How about a
    Clean Diesel Hybrid with bench seats like the 99 Park Ultra.
    You might want to change your post before the mods delete it. You're not allowed to post salespeople's names.

That aside -- congratulations on the new car.
    As far as the trunk, what would you like to put there?? It is pretty small, and 4 sets of golf clubs required a little ingenuity.

Backup camera is a plus, but takes getting used to, as opposed to normal backing.

As far as the nav, I believe you can look up by voice, but not sure. You CAN, however, have Onstar look it up for you while you drive, and they will download it right to the nav system, and you can also look it up at home using Mapquest, and upload it to the nav, but you can't type it in while moving.

Haven't tried a dvd yet, but I would assume you could forget watching it while driving.

Bluetooth works great!!! I haven't figured out how to use the voice commands yet, but assume that it links with the cellphone's voice commands, and not the cars.
    You might want to change your post before the mods delete it.

Did I call that or what? :shades:
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    Good call. As if it wasn't someone promoting him/herself also. :blush:

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• gened1gened1 Posts: 256
    Went by one of the bigger Buick dealer in the Syracuse,NY area and looked at the sticker on the new LaCrosse. every one of the AWD cars were stickered at $39000+. The FWD cars were $29000+.Looks like the dealers or GM is playing their game again. Give a low base but then try to find one at a reasonable price.
    "..... The FWD cars were $29000+.Looks like the dealers or GM is playing their game again. Give a low base but then try to find one at a reasonable price. "

Nevertheless, they are less expensive than a comparably equipped ES 350, and they are selling, regardless of the MSRP.
  • I posted this question somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it so I'll do it again. I want to purchase a specific 2010 CSX, and I cannot find it on the local dealer's lots to the exact specification. Also, for example, in Jan or Feb, Buick is goig to add Blind Spot in the outside rearview mirrors, and I also want that. That is another reason I am only going to get one from the factory instead of the dealer's new car lots.

Edmunds, KBB, Car and Driver, Motortrend, etc. all talk about what you should expect to pay, but this from the current stock. No where do they talk about factory orders. Thus. my question. Do any of you have an idea on what I could expect to pay for one ordered from the factory?

Thanks,

Phil
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,580
    Thus. my question. Do any of you have an idea on what I could expect to pay for one ordered from the factory?

As good or better of a deal.
    I know that when I bought mine in August, I toyed with the idea of ordering one. The one on the lot had a sunroof, which I really didn't want, and no heads up display, which I did. Everything else about the car was what I wanted; Red Jewel exterior, Cocoa/Cashmere interior, handling package, nav.

I would have been allowed to order it and still get the $1000 owner loyalty, $250 credit union member discount (which I now believe to be $1250) and use my GM supplier discount. There really was no other dickering on the price, whether I took the one on the lot (which I did), or if I ordered one.

I suppose ultimately it depends on the dealer and sales person, and how bad they want your business.
  • gened1gened1 Posts: 256
    Never - the - less They have been out maybe 4 or 5 months and I have yet to see one on the road around here. Same for th 2010 Subaru Legacy. Plenty of Ford Fusions though. Decisions decisions ...
    "......Never - the - less They have been out maybe 4 or 5 months and I have yet to see one on the road around here. Same for th 2010 Subaru Legacy. Plenty of Ford Fusions though. Decisions decisions ... "

I've seen 5 or 6, talked to one of them and they love it.
  • I've had my CXS for a month and love it. (and I had a Lexus ES previously) I've seen 3 others on the freeway this week.
  • doc15doc15 Posts: 37
    2010 Buick Lacrosse CXL 3.0 v6 FWD with comfort and convenience pack #2 and chrome wheels. Picked off dealers lot. I drive 35,000 miles per year so ride and quiet are # 1 priority for me.( Previous cars Infinity I 35, Avalon, and 2008 MKZ.) My opinion---The Buick Lacrosse surpasses all in the ride and quiet category. The Ice-Blue ambient lighting is a great touch. The car handles well, has enough power and is great on gas too. No initial quality problems to speak of, I will post after first 7500 miles.
    "......No initial quality problems to speak of, I will post after first 7500 miles. "

So, we'll be hearing from you next week? ;)

Seriously, good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.
  • doc15doc15 Posts: 37
    :) Funny and your right, The miles do go by quickly.
    We'll see how it holds up. I'll be writing "soon"
    It's a long commute, but it is all highway (I sound like a car salesmen)
    Really I'm not!!!
  • I finally found out the other day that my Lacrosse CXS was built last week. It's been almost 14 weeks since I ordered a midnight blue loaded CXS minus the rear entertainment. Should be delivered to Florida in 10 to 14 days.The dealer here in Tampa printed me an actual window sticker with my VIN. The one difference I noticed was that the price of the sunroof. The price went from $995 to $1195. I checked Buick's website and it has changed to this. That's something that I will have to work out. In the whole process, I am appalled that the system to keep you apprised of your cars status doesn't really exist? I was told by several different people that a sold car like mine has priority over dealer inventory cars. This can't be true because I saw too many inventory loaded CXS's in the wrong color for 2 months.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,076
    >I am appalled that the system to keep you apprised of your cars status doesn't really exist?

I suspect there's something about the blue color wasn't being painted or an item on the car was low in supply, e.g., the wheels, that caused the longer wait. There isn't a computer that's accessible for customers that gives a wait time would be my guess.

The Just-in-time type of delivery for the factory means that until the car is scheduled to be built, there's actually no record of its progress: it's just an order waiting to be assembled. Or there may have been a change to one of the items to improve it, i.e., the sunroof. Which might be the case since the price increased for that item. You will never know what the holdup was if there was a delay unless you have a savvy salesman who keeps up on the information on production.

I watched the just-in-time production at the Moraine Assembly a couple years ago. Cars (SUVs) to be built that day are assembled with seats in colors and options and roof liners and lots of other things that arrive that day assembled at the plants nearby that morning and placed on the trucks in the order for assembly. So when they come off the delivery semis, they are in order to slide into the moving racks for the production line. Two hours later they are in an SUV moving down the assembly line.
    I was told by several different people that a sold car like mine has priority over dealer inventory cars.

Really? I have never heard such a thing. Hopefully there are salespeople here who can chime in.
    I've been wondering if some dealers aren't playing games (or GM playing games with dealers). My friend is looking for a 2010 Equinox. One dealer has had over 15, while another dealer can't get any (or just a couple). Are there any other Buick dealers in your area to check to see if a car has come in in the combination you are looking for? Does that dealer have more in stock than yours?
  • When I ordered the Lacrosse we looked all over the U.S. and couldn't find any at the time matching my specs. I check online every week or so around the southeast, and have never seen one listed in inventory. My dealer told me this was because dealers wont' usually order blue for inventory because it isn't as easy to sell. In fact the only midnight blue I have seen was at the auto show in Tampa in November. Funny, it was a CXL and ended up at my dealer and they sold it in less than a week. My dealer seems to be moving them quickly , but I don't see hardly any driving around town. I dont think the other dealers are getting more than mine from what I can see.