Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010-2011 Buick LaCrosse

Comments

• Congrats on your new Lacrosse. You will love it. I'm 4 months and 4,000 miles into my new 2011 Lacrosse and it has been perfect in every respect.

And yes, they are a very quiet and smooth operating machine! :)
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,056
    nferr,
    Congratulations on the purchase of your new baby. You mentioned your purchase was model year 2012 but I believe it is probably a 2011 since the CXL trim level was dropped after 2011 and replaced with seven new "Group" flavors for 2012. Nonetheless, enjoy the ride and welcome to the growing and satisfied Buick LaCrosse family.
  • It's great to hear about your new LaCrosse. And the black color- Wow! I understand your excitement. I had the same feelings when I purchased my 2011 CXL red LaCrosse last year. The Buick image has definitely improved with the LaCrosse ( and Enclave which we owned before trading in for a GMC Denali Acadia AWD, and Regal) addition to their lineup. I absolutely love my LaCrosse- it handles so well and the ride rivals the comfortable ride of a Cadillac DTS I had previously(2006). My friends constantly say they can't believe it is a Buick! This has been my favorite car of many I have owned over the years. Enjoy your new LaCrosse!!
  • nferrnferr Posts: 32
    It's a 2012. It's a leather package 3.6. I didn't even realize they weren't using the CX/CXL/CXS designations anymore.
  • Have a 2010 CSX Lacrosse. What backlight color should the display screen be when radio and navigation off? Mine used to be blue but after some work by the dealer it is now black - a minor thing but I did prefer the blue. What color is yours? And..............does anyone know how to change the color?
  • I too have a 2010 CXS. What kind of work did they do to yours? Mine has the blue with the Buick logo in center and the day/date/time when the radio is off and it matches the ambient blue lighting. I would not stand for having that black screen and make them put it back the way it was immediately.
  • I looked through the 2010 Buick Lacrosse Navigation Manual , and am not 100% sure if the following will allow you to adjust the backlight, but wasn't able to find anything else closer.
    Press the "CONFIG" hard key to display the Set Up Menu
    To scroll through the available set up options, continue pressing the "CONFIG" key and look for anything marked "Display".
    I hope that this was helpful!
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • crankeeecrankeee Posts: 297
    Rider: Maybe I'm hallucinating but I thought you got GM to take back your Lacrosse due to a myriad of problems with yours that no one else was experiencing. Our 2010 CXL is OUTSTANDING in all respects as are many others on this board. Are you still revisiting to rebash the brand?
  • Exactly the answer I was looking for. The GM Tech updted my Navigation - said I was getting more accurate gps data in Hawaii than here in NC. I am sure he did something to change the screen color so............will see him tomorrow. Thanks again.
  • Tried this and the only options available are: Rear Camera - imming and Display Off. Seems strange since my 2004 Prius allows several screen colors. Oh Well since I know thanks to another csx owner that the screen should be blue I will go back kto the dealer tomorrow.
    One would think that the GM technicians would have this kind of stuff down pat. When I first questioned them on this their response was "thats the way the screen is supposed to be - black"
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,692
    >I thought you got GM to take back your Lacrosse due to a myriad of problems with yours that no one else was experiencing.

That was a Malibu he got GM to buy back with problems he said he was experiencing.

This message has been approved.

• tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,023
    My 2012 PIII screen is black while off

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,540
    But he posted that he was in discussions with GM to do the same thing with the Lacrosse. I read it in a way that led me to understand that it was a done deal - that was a couple of months back.

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• bobinorbobinor Posts: 63
    That's my recollection, as well, that he got rid of the LaCrosse. But I reread his last post and it doesn't really say he still has the car. Just that he still has issues - with GM, too.
  • I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help solve the screen display problem. Please keep me updated on the progress of this and if you should need any assistance, we're here.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • nferrnferr Posts: 32
    Still getting familiar with it but everything works fine so far. Really enjoy driving it and I'm coming out of a 2009 BMW 3-Series. The handling is much better than I was expecting for such a large car. Really handles well. The 3.6 moves it along just fine too.
  • My brake pedal pulsates with the classic warped rotor signature after 20k miles on my 2010 LaCrosse. I pulled the wheel to inspect and the brake pads are darn near new! I intended to pull back the caliper and remove the rotors to get them turned as i have done many previous cars, but i was unable to ge the rotor off. I was reluctant to give it a serious whack to dislodge it from the hub . Any pointers?
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Posts: 2,770
    edited January 2012
    One would assume that the rotors may still be under warranty. If so, let the dealer do it on their dime. Ive yet to pull a wheel to check mine.

One other thing......check the rears too. TWICE I've had brake pulsing in vehicles, replaced the fronts only to find the pulsation still there!!!! Replaced the rears, and Voila!!!! Pulse gone!!!
  • Your 2010 Lacrosse with 20k on the clock is still under full bumper-to-bumper warranty from Buick.

Do not attempt rotor removal unless you are a qualified mechanic and even then it would completed free of charge by any Buick dealership in the country so why do it yourself?

I would schedule a service appointment at your convenience.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,692
    > to dislodge it from the hub .

Do I understand that you mean it was stuck solidly to the hub and no movement?

Or do you mean it would wiggle but you couldn't get it free of the metal piece that is there to hold the caliper?

This message has been approved.