Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo S80 Fuel Maintenance and Repair

2»

Comments

• mecop186mecop186 Posts: 1
    I bought a 2000 Volvo S80 T-6 Turbo 2 years ago. It has all the "bells-n-whistles"; pwr. moonroof, in-dash CD changer, blah, blah, blah. And, in case I sond stupid, it's because I know very little about cars...

Last winter, I got stuck in an icy driveway (I live in Maine). I tried and tried to get "n" stuck, to no avail. After trying for the better part of 2 hours, I was SO(!!!) pissed I got out of the car and slammed the door. No, I mean I SLAMMED the door! This is where a bad night got worse; as I exited the car, I threw the door open and, without looking back at the car, SLAMMED the door. I heard a "popping" sound. The sound happened just once and, right about the time my brain matter started shooting out of my ears, I turned and saw what the noise was; I truly believed I had shattered the window. Boy, was I wrong; glass was fine. What WAS NOT fine was the side-curtain AIR BAG!!! "This MUTHER%#*&ing car! (SLAAAAAMMMM) POP!" airbag debris, slowly falling like the snow...

Last summer I discovered: It was surging and then hesitating, oil was leaking into the transmission; it no longer shifted properly (so, in order to drive it, I have had to use the transmission in "manual shift" mode), one of the turbo's is shot and, in December, it just stopped starting.

So, calling upon a friend who knows more abot cars than I EVER will, he brought his handheld scanner (?), plugged it into the car and got the code that something called the "Camshaft position (CMP) Sensor" needed replacing. So, had the car towed to the mechanic ($275), ordered the part ($267.89 plus 7.5% tax), had the part installed (4 hours of labor @ $55.00 per hour = $220) and... drum roll, please.....!

Still won't start. NOW I need a new computer ($1,200), plus the software ($135) and then I have to pay the dealership to INSTALL the software.

I guess my question is this: while I love the car, is it worth it to put the new computer in?
2»