Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Soul Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• extech2extech2 Posts: 120
    Thanks for the update. The Kia rep. at the toll free phone center wasn't aware of its existence. I really liked the interior, I hope they would make it available on the other models. Maybe by Christmas they'll have them.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,195
    The local kia dealer has $1750 added to the msrp plus $600 in paint sealant. He must have 15 Souls gathering dust on the lot. Pretty funny.
  • soplushsoplush Posts: 29
    Due to layoff, my credit history has taken some blows of late. I need an inexpensive reliable car, and the Soul looks like it meets my needs. I could put 2000-3000 down on a car w/o "pain". How accomodating are Kia dealers for people with poor credit? Does having cash to put down help improve my chances of getting financed or not?

I've explored buying something outright that's "had the wheels run off of it", but everything I've seen is pretty scary, and I don't want to buy $2000 worth of unreliability.

Appreciate any feedback you guys have. Thanks.
  • stephen987stephen987 Posts: 1,994
    I think that depends on the dealer, but here in Macon, Georgia, the Kia dealer has been actively recruiting buyers with poor credit. Of course, these buyers probably wind up paying MSRP+, not to mention high interest rates and exorbitant charges for a "protection package."
  • bkl1bkl1 Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Hi
    Hubby and I bought a new Soul + last week at Kia Mall of Georgia near Atlanta. It came with the Audio upgrade package, the rear bumper applique, the floor mats, cargo tray and wheel locks. I talked to every dealer in the Athens/Atlanta area and even test drove a few and none would budge on the sticker price. Couldn't get any other dealer to come down below 17,800 for the bare bones + model even when we went in to test drive. The Mall of Georgia dealership came down over the phone, their sticker price was $17,655 and we paid $15,900 including tax and all fees for our new Kia. It was the only no hassle dealer we found. In fact it took us less time to buy our Soul and drive home, then to test drive and listen to the sales pitches at other Kia dealers. Absolutely love our Soul, still can't believe the great gas mileage and the blue tooth and audio controls on the steering wheel are awesome! It took us a while to contact each dealership and try and work out a deal, but we got one in our price range and are very happy with our Soul.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,195
    Nicely done!
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    If you bought a Kia in the past year, a reporter wants to hear about your decision and your experience to date. Please email pr@edmunds.com with your contact info before Saturday, March 27, 2010.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• coliphagecoliphage Posts: 8
    Got a quote from dealer:
    Soul + with audio upgrade, cargo cover, cargo net, cargo liner, floor mats.
    $15,950 OTD, including all but titling and registration, which cost about $40.

Tax rate is 7.65% here and we qualify the $1,000 competitor rebate.
  • aaasupr1aaasupr1 Posts: 3
    We ended up buying a Toyota Venza, but we did consider this vehicle. We walked away from a deal with the highest loaded Soul on the lot for a pre hard stance negotiation price of 2ooo usd below invoice, or in this area, Tampa, 16500. Loved its zippy engine and look, ride did just not satisfy. Great warranty.
  • cars1977cars1977 Posts: 2
    On 6/28, bought a Shadow Soul Base model for $13441 minus a trade-in that Edmunds says is worth $928. Didn't qualify for competitor rebate, did qualify for grad rebate ($400)which brings me down to $12,041+$200 doc fee(this includes destination fee). This does not include tax, or registration. Drove the car home on this date, but then the dealer called me telling me the rebate changed and I could also have the grad rebate AND 0% APR. I was happy with this. I could not think of a reason the dealer would call me back except customer satisfaction. I guess I'm too cynical now. Courtesy Kia in Attleboro, MA was my dealer-Love my car!
  • Great Job KYFDX!

I was wondering did that price include any rebates or customer credits?
    Trade-in?
  • just picked up a 2010 soul (!) model automatic with no extra options. msrp $18890, invoice was $17,995. paid $17774 ($221 BELOW invoice) + tax/tags. also got 3 years with 0% financing.
  • correction on my price, see below:

just picked up a 2010 soul (!) model automatic with no extra options. msrp $18890, invoice was $17,995. paid $17734 ($261 BELOW invoice) + tax/tags. also got 3 years with 0% financing.
  • markusofmarkusof Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    I got my Soul+ for a price I cannot say, I Think I SOUL (Stole) it as it was less than any posted.
    I have Soul + with audio upgrade, cargo cover, cargo net, cargo liner, floor mats, Sun Roof and 7yr Unlimited Mileage Glass Coat / Teflon Protection.
    $18420 + 895 Glass Coat = Soul

Tell them Jeff Sent Ya...

I would recommend you talk to Faiz Tueimeh.....
  • ya got there, markusof. Enjoy it! Kia is on a roll that is really surpassing that of big bro Hyundai right now, IMO.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• Can you tell me which dealer you were working with? I've looked at Century, but couldn't get them below invoice more then a couple hundred.
  • kidfunkkidfunk Posts: 1
    Has anybody bought a soul+ with audio upgrade lately?
  • sirk98sirk98 Posts: 7
    Thinking about purchasing or leasing a Soul+ automatic w/ sunroof/foglights, rear applique, sound upgrade, cargo net/cover, etc; remote start, wheels locks, etc...

Wondering what people are seeing out there. I am in NYC area...
  • jjcaijjcai Posts: 1
    Hi, sirk98. I'm also looking around for a Soul + (basic config is good enough for me). I'm in Stamford, CT. The newly opened dealer said they just sold out SOUL for now. Any good KIA dealer you know in NYC (or metro NY)? Thx.
  • sirk98sirk98 Posts: 7
    Hi jjcai

Stamford actually seemed the most honest of the dealerships I spoke to. Check dealerrater.com--seems to be a good resource for finding reputable dealers...

If Stamford is out of pocket, I might try Karp Kia on Long Island, as they have great ratings