Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conversion Van Pricing

Comments

• jboaterjboater Posts: 199
    NADA book on the '92 Mark III
    new msrp 8,295 whsl 1,600 retail 2,090

Check Edmund's for cargo van values.

Jerry
  • We are looking at '99 Legend conversions. I know it is hard to price a conversion package but is there any formula like asking for 50% of the package price? Also shouldn't we get a break on last years models? Thanks for your help.

p.s. Can you recommend any other sites for full size van info?
    (Formula)I don't think so: (Break)Yes, a BIG break: and well.....
    When I bought my 97' Ford conversion, it too was a prior model year clearance van. I bought it on 12-31-97. I paid the the Ford window sticker (give or take $200.) for it and that included sales tax, title, and plate transfer fees which amounted to about $1,300. The Coachmen conversion had an MSRP of $9,200. and the Ford sticker was $23,200. or there abouts.
    I've checked the NADA book and the only mfg. listed for Legend (current production) is Infinity Motor Coach in NY. They have a Legend and a Legend SE in the 2000 model. It is possible to have a 2000 conversion on a 1999 chassis. I can give you book numbers if this is the converter you're refering too.
    Also, be sure to check Edmund's and elsewhere for mfg. rebates that are currently available. Mine had a $2,000. rebate from Ford.

Jerry
  • mcnasonmcnason Posts: 2
    we are ready to move on from our '95 ford aerostar. the local dealer had a e-150 with an "american vans" conversion for $24K. it's been sitting on the lot since 1/00. i've been trying to find out about american vans on the internet with no luck. anyone familiar with them?

Thanks

mike
  • vegemann7vegemann7 Posts: 3
    I'm looking to sell my Chevy conversion van. Does anyone know what the street value and the trade-in value would be?

1993 Chevy G20 half ton, 4.3 V6
    Gladiator conversion - low top
    Television
    AM/FM CD player, 6 speaker sound system
    Front and rear A/C
    Lighting package
    Teak wood trim and accy's.
    Six ceiling reading lights
    Vacuum cleaner
    Custom carpeting
    Radar detector
    Custom Alarm system
    Running boards (a little damage)
    Rear drivers quarter panel (a little damage)
    98,000 miles
    NOTE: Van is minus the 2 center captains chairs.

Well maintained, excellent mechanical condition despite minor running board and quarter panel damage.

Thanx...

Responses can be made to: Vegemann7@earthlink.net if you wish.
  • semperfi1semperfi1 Posts: 4
    I have a '97 Ford Conversion Loaded. Not a dealer, private individual looking to downsize.
    Work in Queens, live in Nassau. Email if interested Sempefi1@aol.com
    Designer series whsle 2530. retail 3150.
    Half Back 1840. 2310.
    Leader Series 1720. 2150.
    Quarter Back 1520. 1900.
    Value Series 1880. 2390.

Check Edmund's for cargo chassis values.

Jerry
  • vegemann7vegemann7 Posts: 3
    Thanx for the info...

Larry (Vegemann7)
    Your welcome!
  • tropicalttropicalt Posts: 1
    I have a 1997 Dodge Hi Top Conversion, LWB, MarkIII, 5.2L V-8, 27k miles, 4 captains chairs,
    elec.sofa, TV/VCR, Pioneer am/fm stereo CD,tilt, cruise, real wood enhancements, mood lights, blinds, f&r heat/air, game hookup, rear jacks, builtin air compressor,chrome wheels etc. I need to find a retail and trade in value for this vehicle. Exc.cond in & out.
    NADA values on the conversion;
    LE Sport Top whsle 3,020 retail 4,190
    SE Sport Top " 2,320 " 3,210
    LX Sport Top " 4,690 " 6,490

Check Edmund's for chassis value.
  • dhershdhersh Posts: 2
    I am looking at a '94 chevy g20 gladiator low top conversion. It has 28000 miles. It has 4 captain chairs electric bed, tv, vcp, dual air, am/fm stereo,mood lighting, class 3 hitch. I need both trade in and retail price for the conversion. Excellent condition second owner.
    dhersh,

Designer whsle 2,980. retail 3,790.
    Halfback 2,090. 2,630.
    Value 1,880. 2,390.

Jerry
  • dhershdhersh Posts: 2
    Dear jboater,

Thanks for all the great information

dhersh
  • bjd645bjd645 Posts: 1
    I am trying to get pricing on 2000 chevy astro conversion vans with markIII option. If you go to dealer sites they do not list conversion vans? Is there any sites with this information? Also are there any major problems that anyone knows of.
  • billmahanbillmahan Posts: 68
    This is my first visit to this forum. I've read about the last 150 post. Great information. I think my question may have already been answered, but I would like to verify what may have been said.

First, I am a VERY happy owner of a 1990 GMC Explorer conversion. 185,000 pretty good miles. Some maintenance, but nothing really unusual for a van this old. No real value as a trade, so I might give it to someone who justs needs to putter around town. I'm not sure I would take it on a coast to coast trip, as we have done several times in the past! Everything still works and we have certainly received all the value we paid for.

Now we are in the market for a fully loaded Explorer 2000 GM or GMC high top. V-8, leather, bells and whistles. Yes, a used van could probably save us a lot of money, but we tend to keep our vehicles for a long time, so we would like to start out new.

I have seen list prices for a fully loaded van in the St. Louis area from mid 40's to low 50's depending upon the particular conversion.

On a car it is SO EASY to figure out a fair price. On vans, picking winning lottery numbers might be easier.

Is there a decent percentage of sticker that you can figure on the van and the conversion part to get to dealer cost? Once I establish that, I can figure out what kind of offer I want to make. Any help pricing this fully loaded van would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    No info available on the Explorer but, looking at three other mfg's in the NADA book the 2000 models indicate used whsle range 60-63% and used retail range 80-83% of original msrp.

Jerry
  • curtp2curtp2 Posts: 1
    What is a reasonable discount that I should go for in the purchase of a new Chevy Express Debut Conversion van? Sticker prices are: base van $29k and 6k for the conversion with a total of $36k before title and taxes. Suggestions for offering price are welcome.
    Thanks- Curt Peterson
    I'd probably like to end up at about 28k to 29k plus tax. Worst case might be 4500. to 5000. on the conversion and very near invoice on the van. Invoice can be computed on Edmund's site.

Jerry
    dalega,

for '99 the following are the possible models;
    GT400 or 401
    HT400 or 401
    SE300 or 301
    SL400 or 401

The SE is low-end and the GT is the high-end.

The '97 Heritage

Orig MSRP 10,150. used whsle 3,530. retail 4,890.
    I recommend Edmund's cargo values for chassis.

Jerry