Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conversion Van Pricing

Comments

• I am trying to get as much information on as possible conversion packages. I have been told that explore package is one of the best? I have also look at markIII and midwest packages.So my question are which package has the best value. I do not mind paying more for a package that well last long and have less problems with.Can I also have pricing and quality of warranty service.
  • jboaterjboater Posts: 199
    The most expensive Midwest for 2000 is the M-4000 model. MSRP 11,560. used wholesale 7,400. retail 9,990.
    Pricing for 2000 Mark III not available.
    Most expensive 1999 as follows;
    Ford LX Sport Top MSRP 11,999. whsle 6,370. retail 8,530.
    GMC Savanna Sport Top MSRP 12,149. whsle 6,440. retail 8,640.
    No info is available for Explorer.

Jerry
  • I have just left a dealer in illinois. I have been pricing and checking out mini van conversion packages. I have determind that explorer packake appears to be the best in this market. I have got a price of $20,650 on a new 2000 g.m.c. safari 2wd with explorer x package with lcd tv- vcp for $6295 I had a chance to meet explorer sales rep.and discuss service and product and felt pretty comfortable with him. I guess my question is does pricing on van and package seem to a good price or not? I have entill 6-26- 00 to respond.
    no pricing info avaliable from Explorer.

Midwest Vans 2 most expensive (msrp) models are the M-1100 SR @ 6,100. and the M-1200 SR @ 7,210.

Majestic Vans top-end is the LLT @ 8,119.

A&J Vans 6,495.

Jerry
  • colts5colts5 Posts: 2
    I have a 1997 Hi top Chevy Astro conversion done by American Luxury Coach out of SC. How can I determine the value of the conversion package for possible trade. Has power sofa, TV VCR,
  • colts5colts5 Posts: 2
    I have a 1997 Hi top Chevy Astro conversion done by American Luxury Coach out of SC. How can I determine the value of the conversion package for possible trade. Has power sofa, TV VCR,
    NADA book has no reference to your conversion.

Some other 97's have wholesale range of 40 - 43% and retail of 53 - 58% of original msrp.

Jerry
  • benzanbenzan Posts: 1
    This is my first time on this forum and I must say I am impressed. I am looking for a conversion van and have no idea what kind of price to pay. I live in new england. I have looked at a 93 chevy gladiator with 55k. 98 ford E-150 regency wiht 36k. Also, are there any makes I should stay away from. Any questions I need to be asking dealers. Also, what kind of range am I looking at for a new conversion van. Thank you
    I've been driving a '97 Ford Coachmen for 2.5 years and have been very pleased with it. Bought it new and have had no repair outside of routine maintenance.

The '98 you looked at might be a good choice if the price is decent. I would guess in the range of 15k to 18k unless it's super loaded, top of the line conversion. Then you might get as high as 22k-23k.

Mine has the 4.6L V8 and averages about 15 mpg in my daily driving. That's an even mix of city/xway driving.
  • I would like to trade in my 97 Ford van with the Explorer hi-top conversion with all the bells and whistles(TV/VCR, surround sound, Nintendo, dual radios, CD player, leather seats, etc.) The van has 71K miles on it and is in perfect condition. Any idea what I should expect as a trade-in or if I wanted to sell it on my own? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    No NADA values for Explorer.

Using a couple of others, I compute wholesale at about 40% and retail at about 55% of original msrp. Ad that to Edmund's value for cargo van to get an approximation.

Might also want to review local classifieds for asking prices on simlar vans.
  • I am considering buying a van conversion. First time. I live in Calif and would like to know if anyone has any info good or bad about California Comfort vans, Inc. Also which make is best of chevy, Dodge or Ford? I need all the help I can get.

Thanks
    I don't have nor does NADA have any info on Ca Comfort Vans.
    I really like the '97 Ford I'm driving. 45k trouble free miles. 4.6L V8.
    I don't have any experience with the redesigned GM vans or Dodge.
    I think you will find a lot of helpful info on this topic site. Be sure to review the posts.
  • pavaldespavaldes Posts: 2
    I have a 1997 low top Dodge Ram 2500 conversion (V6 engine) van. Options include:
    AC, PS, PW, PDoors, cassette player, roof rack, keyless entry
    I would like to know the retail and trade in value.
    Thanks
  • ilg99ilg99 Posts: 1
    i have a 96 ford econoline full size
    conversion...conversion was done in april 97 and
    unit vbought in may by me...fully loaded, biggest
    v8 made 5.8..lowtop, 27k miles.. premiunm sound
    packagecd/tv/vcr/front-rear air/towing/special
    suspension and oversized trans/crown coach
    conversion.their top of the line package.., cloth interior,alloy wheels,.not a scratch/non smoke/still has new..has premium sound package,cd,disc changer, am/fm/cassette,tilt steering, p/w,p/l,remote keyless entry,alarm, on and on...fully loaded..everything except power seats...rear seat is a fold down 3 pc bed..
    car smell/garage kept/new brakes at 25k, fully
    warranteed up to 100k or 6 years from date of
    sale...what is the fair market value?? this was
    the
    top of the line conversion package that crown
    offered...carpets have been protected by carpet
    plastic since day one...any suggestions on how to
    price this fairly???
  • anonymousanonymous Posts: 314
    waiting for a reply...
    Do you have the make and model of your conversion?
    Crown Coaches, Elkhart, IN no info available after 1987.
    Crown Custom Coach, Rosemont, IL no info available after 1995. The '95 Stratford model had msrp of 13,995. used whsle 4,320. reatil 5,760. Add these values to cargo values at Edmund's.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.
  • lookdadlookdad Posts: 2
    Am going to sell our '89 GMC Vandura (2500) Infinity conversion and need some help with pricing. Specifics: 119k miles, hi-top with TV,VCR,alarm,all leather, quad captain chairs, accent lighting, cruise, tinted windows, dual air, power fold-down bed, AM/FM cassette, running boards, custom paint, new brakes, battery, alternator, PW, PS, alum wheels, etc. Thanks in advance for your help!
    NADA has no reference to Infinity beyond the 1997 model year.
    My best guess is the conversion whsle/retail value is probably in a range of 12% to 20% of the original msrp.
    Chassis value can be estimated from the '90 model on Edmund's.
    Also, check local classifieds for similar vans.