Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conversion Van Pricing

Comments

• keliinoikeliinoi Posts: 1
    I am currently checking into buying a Ford E-250
    cargo van. It would be a dual purpose vehicle.
    For work and Pleasure, I am looking into possibly
    converting the cab into a kingcab like the trucks. I would appreciate any input in this project.
    Thank you,
    keliinoi
  • jboaterjboater Posts: 199
    Kelly,
    NADA shows just one MarkIII conversion for the GMC.
    MSRP 12,149
    Used Whsle 7,670
    Used Retail 10,400.

Jerry
  • We got $13000 off "sticker" on a starcraft top end van in 1994.
    We chose a van that had been made in march (it was now october).
    Our strategy was:
    1) we can't afford it. we just stopped by because we were curious. (true)
    2) We are only interested if you can match the price of the Windstar we were considering (about 25K). Again this was true.
    They let us take the van home overnight.
    They initially offered $5k off.
    I said I could not afford it.
    Extra gas cost when compared to windstar.
    They tried to steer me to a cheap conversion model.
    I said I wanted the safety of the Starcraft with their integrated belting system (again, true).
    Anyhow, we wound up $700 apart at about $12,500 off sticker.
    I thanked him for his time and effort and wished him well. The sales mgr overheard me say we were $700 apart. As I headed to my car with full intentions of buying the windstar, the salesperson stopped me ( I was in my car), and said the mgr met my price.

The key strategy is to ignore the sticker. I normally would not have had the gall to offer an apparently ridiculous figure, but I did so because it was all I could afford and I had an alternative in mind: a minivan.
    Also, this was the highest priced van on the lot and had been sitting there for 6 months.

Can't promise this will work again. Sometimes this opportunities are based solely on fortuitous timing.
  • I have a 1993 Chevrolet G20 conversion van that I am interested in selling, or trading in on a mini-van. Problem is, the dealers seem to want to offer only the value of the van, and nothing for the conversion.

It has a Regency Brougham conversion: power everything, leather, insulation, door shrouds and pleated window shades, etc., etc.

Any help with pricing this conversion (jboater? ) and especially any suggestions on how to obtain a realistic offer on the value of the van *plus* conversion??

Thanks in advance.
  • led500led500 Posts: 3
    I am looking at a 1995 G-20 5.7liter conversion van (Gemini Deluxe Designer series) at 45k miles, priced at 14,800 miles. I'm having a devil of a time getting a NADA price (rode many miles to the library and the darn placed was closed).
    Anyone help me out? Thanks in advance, Lon
  • led500led500 Posts: 3
    Oops, price is obviously $14,800 eh,eh.
    Lon
  • guitarzanguitarzan Posts: 632
    Chickson, in working with the dealer, you are at their mercy. Now, I don't know conversion vans well. However, I do know that many sports car enthusiasts make major and expensive modifications to their vehicles, and get absolutely zilch for the mods at dealers. The reason? That vehicle is personalized for the person trying to sell it. What are the chances the dealer will find someone who really likes that same package? Have you considered advertising in the paper? A little advertising fee in a paper that is delivered to households can go a long way. Always price high! You can always come down.

guitarzan
    Community Leader/Vans Conference
    Chickson,
    No data available for 1993.
    1994 data follows, however, there are four Regency Brougham models. I am providing the most expensive model data.
    Regency Brougham Eagle Hi-top,
    whsle, 5,390. retail 6,990. Original msrp 15,135.

Jerry
    Lonman,
    Looks like a strike out.
    NADA indicates no data available after the 1986 model year. Sorry.

Jerry
  • We are closing in on that very conclusion, as your reasons have become obvious to us. It is just the time and effort that goes into selling such a specific vehicle can be considerable, being a busy family as it is.

But, we must weigh the return on (time) investment as we make the decision. If the price is right, it would be worth it, of course. We shall see...

Thanks for your imput and suggestions!
  • That is helpful, yet ours is not a Hi-top. Would it be more accurate if I provided more complete listing of the features? (Well, I suppose that is a silly question, isn't it?)

I could fax/email/copy&paste here, the features list I typed up a while back, if you are interested and if you don't mind looking at it again for me. Just let me know.

Thanks!
    Craig
    Craig,
    These are '94 values for the low top.
    Brougham, whsle 4,030. retail 5,230. new msrp 11,375..

Brougham Eagle, whsle 4,440. retail 5,760. new msrp 12,490.

Jerry
  • mdeeba1mdeeba1 Posts: 1
    Sir, a 1999 gmc savana, regency,5.7l v-8, high top, leather, 2 t.v.'s..all the toys, what is a fair price.

thanks

mike
  • maurermaurer Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the value of a 1997 Ford E-150
    with the Waldoch Sierra Conversion Package. The
    van has 61,000 miles. The dealer wants $18,000.
    Fair price?? The engine is the 5.4 Triton V-8.
    The van just came from the Ford Red Carpet
    Lease/auction.

Thanks in Advance!!
  • guitarzanguitarzan Posts: 632
    Also feel free to ask for pricing from Car Man:

What's a fair price for this used car ?

guitarzan
    Community leader/Vans conference
    maurer,

NADA shows used whsle 4,860. and retail 6,750. on
    the conversion.
    NADA also indicates the average mileage range for
    '97 vehicle @ 30 - 35 thousand.
    Miles on the prospective van should have a
    significant adverse impact on the value of the van.
    Check Edmund's on chassis value and look closely
    at mileage adjustment.

Jerry
    Mike,
    I'm afraid I don't have any info for you.

Sounds like a high-end conversion and probably very nice. Sorry I can't be of some help.

Jerry
  • jboater,
    Can you help me out need info on the following conversions for a 99 Ford E150 with a 5.4l:
    dElegant 300 or 500
    LA West Excalibur Series or Elite Series.
    Thanks in advance,

Joe
  • ryaj12ryaj12 Posts: 8
    Joe,
    If you haven't already done so, you may want to check out lawest's demo prices on their web site www.lawest.com. They usually always carry about a dozen demos at 20-25% discount. These are low mileage demos driven by their reps.
    Joel
  • Jerry & Joel,
    Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how this works out!
    Joe