Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Conversion Van Pricing

Comments

• I presently own a 1995 Dodge B2500 Hi top mark III Conversion van. I do not know if there is a name for my particular conversion model. I am trying to get an idea of its trade in value. It has the SLT package with 5.8 liter, od trans., dual air, Premium sound,rear heat, I also added a leaf to the rear springs to bring the back up level with the front.it has 53,500 miles on it and is in good shape. New Michelins put on about 15,000 miles ago. if anybody has any idea about how I can figure out a fair trade in price please let me know. Thank you Todd
  • fadpfadp Posts: 3
    Dear Jerry,
    Please help me price out (wholesale/retail) my
    1996 Chev Express 1500 Gladiator(Designer Series)
    HiTop Conversion Van. The original MSRP for the
    conversion package in 09/96 was approx $25,000.
    The van has 52200 mi, w/a $0 ded ext warranty to
    09/2001 or 75000 mi. In add to the top-of-the-
    line conv package w/ all of the "bells and
    whistles", it has a 5.7/V-8 eng w/battery
    guard, and all other listed options on your price
    guide for this particular model. It has 4 new
    Firestone Affinity Tires @ 42000 mi (12/98).
    Both inside and outside are in excellent condition

Thank you for your time and consideration,
    Warren
  • jboaterjboater Posts: 199
    1307jeter,
    NADA values;
    Mark III original msrp 4619. used whsle 1550. used retail 2080.
    '95 Dodge whsle 8650. retail 10775. plus 700. for SLT and 400. low miles.
    Try comparing chassis value with Edmunds.

Jerry
  • Jerry,
    Thanks for getting back. I won't actually be attemping to sell my '98 Chev Gladiator until third quarter '00, so maybe something will be out there by then. Meanwhile, I will try and give Glavel a call.

Matt
  • Jerry,
    Thank you so much for the information about pricing my van. It gives me a good starting point.
    Thanks again, Todd
  • What's a fair trade-in value for the following
    conversion van:

1995 Chevy G20 Van, 5.7L, Upfitter package, front & rear heat & A/C, power windows/locks/seats, cruise control, tilt wheel, ABS, AM/FM cassette, TV, VCP, rally wheels, HD radiator & trans cooling, full-size spare, no leather

High-Top Conversion by Tiara Motorcoach

52,000 miles, excellent condition, no scratches,
    dings, or rust, minimal wear

Thanks.
    acabthomas,
    There are 15 models for the '95 Tiara. I'm unable to differentiate or identify yours without the model name.

Jerry
  • It's the Emerald model - hopefully that's what you need. It also says "model: CON TIARA".

Thanks!
  • I found a '95 Chevy G20, 5.7 V8,3.42 rear end,81,000 miles,clean. Conversion done by US Conversions/ Kenron( maybe Kentron?). All leather,TV and VCP, LCD tv screens on the back of all the capt. chairs. Fine high gloss wood trim.The '95 is old body style but looks good. Ever hear of this conversion company?
    glittle1,
    NADA lists U.S. Conversions by Kentron, Inc. Elkhart, IN
    Says "no longer in production". 1995 was last year produced.
    Models were Biscayne, Kingline, Legacy, Legend, Legend Designer, Park Ave., Phoenix, Phoenix Designer, Rockport, and Seville.

Jerry
  • jlflemmonsjlflemmons Posts: 2,240
    Anyone know anything about this company? Having seen the prices on the new Yukon, I am considering a custom van with the towing goodies and this is one of the companies the nearby dealer reps. They also rep Legacy which I believe is a spinoff from Regency. Any information would be greatly appreciated. We are looking at the GranSport SUV (as in Sport Utility Van) conversion. They show it on their website at www.sherrodvansfla.com.

Thanks,

Jim
  • I have a 1996 Ford E-150 Conversion Van with the Explorer Limited kit. The van has every available option, 2 tvs, 2 vcrs, 2 stereos, 2 nintendos, electric captain chairs, heated seats, cb, radar detector, leather interior, etc. The van has 110,000 miles. How do I value the vehicle as far as trade in value?
    fordpeople,
    NADA has no listing for your conversion.
    The E150 Cargo whsle. 11,700. retail 14,075. subtract 3,050. for hi miles.
    Compare chassis value with numbers posted by Edmund's.

Jerry
  • Sherrod is commonly carried by many dealers in Georgia and I expect other parts of the southeast or eastern US. I can't comment on their quality or reputation but if it helps, I never heard any thing negative about them when I was shopping for vans last year.
  • I need to know what to expect from an other guy's Insurance company, on an 1990 astro van, high top conversion van teria package, color tv. good shape van. with 168000 mi on it. I had just put $1300.in front end and tires. I know the tires have flat spots in them, The car is still drivable. I want my car back, I have owned it since it was new!! I liked my van, that was the last year you could get swivel middle seats. I liked being able to turn them around an make a bed. The Ins. Co. has paid for a rental car foe 3 weeks saying the can not find a dealer that can price one to them. I don't mind swiching rental cars till 2020 but. If I have to take the money, how much do I have to settel for? A small note to BR549ers@aol. com would help, Thank you, Dan
  • Where would I go to price a used conversion van? ON THE NET everyone else wants to sell me another one. I just want to know what one's worth.And just, maybe, what the law has to say about what your rights and Ins. Co. I am new to typing and computers, so any where's from anyone could help. Thank anyone how answer's, br549ers@aol.com
    br549ers,
    I don't have value on Tiara for 1990 nor the Astro. Click on the link below or copy it into your browser and it will take you to Edmund's value section for the Astro. I would select the model that most closely matches your van. I also don't know of any internet site that has conversion values.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1990/chevrolet/

Jerry
  • Looking at a 97 Dodge Grand Caravan SE with a Sterling Conversion (TV, VCR, earphones, etc.). Anyone know anything about Sterling conversions? Also, any ideas on price?

46K miles, tinted glass, 3.3L, CD, keyless entry, alarm, locks, windows, etc.

Dealer asking $16,775 (says he has $18k into it and sending to auction Monday).

Does this sound like a good deal? Need reply asap...

Thanks in advance.
    lkantrov2,
    No info on the Sterling conversion.
    NADA indicates following on an OEM 97 Grand Car SE
    whsle. 13900. retail 16400.
    miles -100. -100.

Jerry
  • Hello,

I am a 4 time van owner. I started with a cheaper van Mark lll then to the next level a Glaval then to the next Regency and then found Explorer. I talked to the rep and even toured the factory. I looked at 15 different van companies before I chose Explorer. Yes, the price was a little more but the fit and finish is without a doubt the best of the lot. After owning my other 3 vans they started to squeek THAT DRIVES ME NUTS! I have owned this van for 13 months and 18,000 miles and it's just as tight as the day I bought it. If you are considering a van buy an Explorer. I have talked to many Explorer owners and they feel the same way I do.

This machine is simply 5 star. You can look as I did but you wont find anything nicer.

Sincerely,

Gary