Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GLK-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,211
    Something to keep in mind regarding finance charges on a lease.. The average amount financed each month, is an average of the CAP cost and the residual...

So, if your CAP cost is $45K and your residual is $25K, your average amount financed is $35K, each month.... (and, that is exactly how the lease is figured.. the same amount of finance charges, each month).

In this example, with a money factor of .0015, your finance charges would be $105 each month..... multiply that by the term, and then add the acquistion fee, and hitting $4000 is pretty easy... (my numbers as an example, not your exact lease numbers)

But, really, you are renting the car, not buying it.. Unless you are planning on purchasing the car at lease end (in which case, I would recommend buying it from the start), then the number to focus on is your total lease cost divided by the term. (total of payments + upfront fees) That is your real cost per month...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• One other item that I have discovered is the invoice amount that the dealers claim they pay for the vehicle base price does not match Edmunds and other sites. Edmunds base price for a 2011 GLK2W is $33015 and the dealer sent me his invoice and that is $33515. It does however match against all options. Other dealers base invoices have varried from $150 to 500 above Edmunds, Yahoo and others. Why the discrepancy?
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    The Invoice is based on MSRP, so it will vary based on equipment. If you need accurate Mercedes invoice, go to Mercedes-Benz Invoice Calculator. Enter MSRP and enter "0" in the gas guzzler tax, because GLK does not have it.

That's the only website that calculates the real invoice....
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,211
    It's almost always due to regional advertising charges....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• marzsh1marzsh1 Posts: 23
    edited August 2011
    Hi Car_Man,

I am looking to lease a 2011 GLK4MATIC. What selling price should I negotiate with the dealer? edmonds true market value is around the invoice but I saw better selling prices here.

Thanks.
  • I just completed a comprehensive search of many dealers including prices and purchased one. You absolutely can purchase one at invoice minus $1500. To calculate invoice get the sticker's total MSRP and go to http://www.benzonly.com/invoice.aspx and enter zero for gas guzzler. In ADDITION look to see if you qualify for the MBZ conquest cash of $2000 (if you own a competitors car). I purchased my car at $3500 below invoice.

Good luck.
    you got a very good deal... Congratulations.
  • marzsh1marzsh1 Posts: 23
    Thanks for the info. Do you know what cars included in conquest cash program?
  • You can google Mercedes Benz Conquest Program and a bunch will come up. Here is the link to one; http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/8/prweb8745031.htm . BTW, the program ends at the end of August unless they extend it. Good luck.
  • billmvbillmv Posts: 146
    beachbum59......What part of the country are you in? I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, but would like to know the name of the dealership where you finally made your purchase. Thanks!
  • I live on So Cal but I purchased it from Phoenix MBZ only because the options that I was looking for and the color combination was hard to find. All my local dealers would have given me the same deal if I would buy a car that they had on the lot. So the key is to look at each dealer's specific inventory till you find the one you want and then give them your offer.
    Beachbum559.....Thanks! Is there a way to check each dealer's inventory without making a call to each dealer? Could soak up a lot of time! I presume some dealers post their inventory online, but others do not. Any clever ways to do this would be greatly appreciated.
    Has anybody bought a GLK without the COMAND system? My wife has a 2009 C 300 and we both hate the knob driven menu tree on the COMAND system. Haven't been to a dealer yet to see if that's possible.

Can you imagine a knob controlled menu like the German cars have on the the iPhone and iPad? If MB (and BMW and Audi) were designing those products Apple would be bankrupt by now. They should follow Jobs' lead and go touch screen.
  • Car_Man

You do an enormous service on this forum creating informed consumers.

We will be very grateful if you can please quickly post the Mercedez Financial residuals and money factors for September for 10K/12K/15K miles for the 2011/2012 GLK350s. We live in Oklahoma City and, without local competition, there is no transparency about the quality of the deal without this kind of information coming from you. Thanks very much in advance.
  • Thanks mdxlessee. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mercedes-Benz Finance's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 GLK350 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00225 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00177 and 58%.

If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 2% higher. Its 10,000 mile per year residuals would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mojo18mojo18 Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    Hi, Can anyone give input on the following lease offer. Appreciate your help.

Sticker Price for '12 GLK I'm interested in is $43,995. This includes: Premium pkg, AWD, Nav + 4, heated seats, and destination charge). Mercedes is offering $1,640 discount, and dealer is offering $378. This is net price of $41,977. The residual with 15k miles is 58%. Money factor is .00177 (I have really great credit score). Fees up front are about $1,800 and include 1 month payment $627, acquisition fee $795, document fee $250, plate $75, title $33.50.

I'd like to make the following offer: $40,996 (invoice price). This results in $600 per month payment (all in). I'd pay $1,500 in up front fees, however they want to allocate them.

I'd appreciate any input on this. I was told there are no 2011's left with the options I want and that I missed all the great deals on the 2011's. Thanks!
  • Thanks very much Car_Man. As I said, you offer a tremendous service.
  • What state are you in? You should be able to get the selling price down to $39,862.00 and if you qualify for conquest thats another $1,000 off. Also remember to set yourself up for auto pay with the dealer, it reduces the money factor by .00010. So with auto pay your payment $552.38 and about $1,400 out of pocket plus plates. With the $1,000 extra for conquest it brings you to $520.44 per month for 36 months. Let me know if this helps...
  • Can someone tell me what the current money factor and residuals are for either a 2011 or 2012 MB GLK 350 4matic for a 36-month/12K per year lease?

Thanks in advance.
  • mojo18, I'd love to hear what you think I should be paying, lol.

Please let me know the actual vehicle price and the price per month. I'm a top credit tier, and I qualify for the Conquest Program (although I do not believe it is running during September).

I'm buying this week or next and have 2 options.

Option A) Pick up a car in FL and drive it back home (because it has every single detail we want). Sticker price is $39,500. No idea what they'd want to charge us.

Option B) Get the car locally (New Orleans). Sticker is $37,500 at $520/mo for 36 mos.
  • Like magic, Option B is now reduced to $480/mo. all I had to do was explain that the Acura RDX is looking mighty tempting at a significantly lower cost. Still am likely to go with the RDX as they haven't pulled any sales games like this.
  • Yes, I can imagine such a knob on an Apple product - remember the first iPods? It wasn't that bad, now, was it? To tell you the truth, I find the COMAND menu system and the knob functionality so easy to use, I can not believe there are still people out there who would look for COMAND-less Mercedes because of it? :confuse:
  • You're very welcome mdxlessee.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello max_anderson. Mercedes-Benz Financial's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 GLK350 4Matic with 12,000 miles per year are .00177 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi! I'm in the market looking for a '12 GLK 4Matic with Premium Package 1 and heated seats (maybe tech package). I have some questions:
    1) I was just quoted MSRP $43,426 and selling price $36,912. Can i do better?
    2) If I decide on doing the European Delivery, do you think I can knock off an extra 7%?
    3) I know there was a discount for the Comand option. Is this available on the GLK's?

Thanks a lot in advance!
  • sk7533sk7533 Posts: 1
    That sounds like a pretty good deal. May I ask if that price includes some kind of discount (like fleet or conquest program?). Also can you post which dealer you got this offer. If you signup for autopay, you get even more discount.
  • enano74enano74 Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    The deal includes the $1,000 conquest cash (I have a BMW now). The dealer is MB of Arlington in VA :)
    Yep, autopay and 10 MSD should make it even better.....now I also saw that 2011 E350 Bluetec has an excellent residual for a 24 months lease.....I don't know which one to pick !!!!
    You can not combine Multiple Security Deposits with Special money factor...
    By the way conquest is $2,000 now in October.
  • hi -- any idea what the money factor and residuals are for October?

Mercedes site has a special 30 month lease on the 4matic.

Wondering MF and residual for 10k and 7.5k miles/year leases

thanks
  • Can you tell me what your final deal was? If you went with the GLK350 what were the specifics of the lease at $480 per month? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.