Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edmunds View Inventory Feature

2»

Comments

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,707
    I checked my last loan statement. 2.8%. I think even my dopey investment strategies can beat that, no incentive to pay it off early.

Financing a car is not a valid evil, especially when in these days of declining real incomes, it's a simple necessity for most.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    In the play money account that I run to kind of test out things if I had a $100,000 to play with I am up 12.64% since Feb of 2008 when I started. I was up .85% today so I beat the market pretty good as the DOW was only up .39%. When things were really bad last Dec/Jan I was down as much as 15% but have done very well the past few months. I just wish I really did have 100,000 real dollars to work with.

My self managed account isn't up that high but I don't have as much money to play with and I am not as aggressive with it either.

Their are high yield money market accounts that can get you close to 2% if you just want to park some money their. There are way too many people out there who get riled up about any kind of debt. Yes, there is bad debt out there but financing a new car with a long warranty when you put down 20% or more and have a low interest rate is not bad debt.
    I made some self-guided investments last year as everything was spiraling down. I am up about 15% now...not huge, but better than putting that money into paying a 2.8% loan off early.

I put my 401K into something conservative at the end of the year...I might need to modify it now.

Debt is a necessary evil in this world. As long as it is less than your income and you have some self discipline, it's not anything to worry about.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    Up 15% is good for how the market has been. If you are making a ton of money just hand over fist then you are probably making too much and are about to get burned.

I wish I had my 100,000 of play money as real money over the past 18 months. The S&P is down almost 23% over that same time period.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,683
    is only as accurate as the dealer updating their inventory?
    So long as I am not losing money, I'm happy :shades:
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, en route to New MexicoPosts: 40,506
    From the FAQ:

"Please note that the number of listings you find may vary from area to area; however, dealers are continually adding new listings and content, so if you don't find what you're looking for right away, we encourage you to check back again in a week or two."

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,683
    not sure if that answers my question. i didn't mean a newly listed dealer. more one who has 'signed up' already.
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, en route to New MexicoPosts: 40,506
    I think some dealers are better at this than others.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

2»
This discussion has been closed.