Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar XF Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,476
    I have only driven one XF S/C – I was talked into a relatively brief test drive a while ago.

This was not a ‘demo’ – and my sales associate [ a.k.a – ballast ] said that they keep the tires at high pressures in their cars that just sit on the lot. I was not impressed with the ride quality – but if the tires were set at 40 or more, that would likely explain the issue.

From the C+D ‘short take’ –
    “and we still love the exceptional ride quality”

Good luck!
    Report here if you do take the plunge?
    - Ray
    Not currently tempted – even by the 5.0 S/C . . .
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Posts: 1,150
    edited July 2010
    Ray,

While the Jag brochures are fairly clear, the JaguarUSA site is not. I wonder, after you load up the XF premium with the options that the SC has (Zenons, etc.) I wonder how much the extra 90 or so horses cost (380 natural horses vs. 470 when blown). I live in New England where the roads are potholed 12 months a year and in winter's grip for 4 1/2 months. I see myself using the supercharged engine a lot the first week that I own it and then later maybe not so much.

Is anyone else besides me having trouble loading the jaguarUSA site?? It is so bad I have used a Jag dealer's site, not JagUSA's site, configurtor to "build" my XF.
    Well, obviously, only you can decide if the additional HP [ & TQ ] are worth the additional cash.

2 things:

Thing 1 = I would strongly suggest that you try to locate a used S/C & test drive that. Typically the used [ previously loved ] cars have their tire pressures set to specs. [ I check with the pressure gauge in my car, if in doubt. ] An extended test drive is often easier to negotiate on a used vehicle. This may help you evaluate how much the increased acceleration is worth – to you. As well as judge the ride.

Thing 2 = I am a Torque junkie. One reason I bought a new Corvette coupe in late 2006 [ rather than any competing sports cars ] was the effortless delivery of Torque. The feeling of acceleration available at most any combination of road & engine speed.

While I believe that it is imprudent [ at best ] to approach the cornering limits of any car on public roads, I can utilize full, maximum, WOT acceleration most any time I drive my cars. Rarely for more than 10 or 15 seconds at a time, due to traffic & road conditions & law enforcement – but still. . .

And that ability to accelerate [ um ] very briskly, without having to push the engine past 4,000 RPM, is quite satisfying – to me.

YMMV.
    Good luck!
    - Ray
    Yes, the Jag web site is a mess . . .
  • gatorjaggatorjag Posts: 2
    I am looking into purchasing a 2011 Jaguar XF premium. Before I discuss numbers with the dealer, I am trying to figure out what is a good number to aim for. Edmunds TMV does not give any info other that MSRP and truecar.com shows a good price being less than invoice which seems unlikely. Any idea?
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Posts: 1,150
    Ray,

That was all well said. Yep, getting on the throttle for a few seconds is fun and a lot safer than trying to pull 1.0G on an off ramp. Additionally, especially here in the East with the proliferation of potholes, if you were trying to take a curve at 9/10's and a pot hole suddenly appeared you could be in deep #@#@@# as the car was thrown off the
    best line.
  • I Bought the 2011 Jag XF and have problems with the drive. It hobbles, vibrates and shakes and the dealership says its the tires over and over again. And every time I get the car service and drives it, it drives like a wreck car. I had a used BMW 6 that drove better and Mercedes models that drove better. They never hobbled, shaked or vibrated. This is more than ridiculous and I suspect that I bought a lemon a few weeks ago. Looking to find out if anyone else is have the same or relative problems with their XF.
    :mad:
  • Same issue here with a 2004 X-Type. It has to be a design problem. Only once was this problem not present after a service appointment. A ball bearing in the front suspensions was the issue. Sorry i cant be more specific right now. But the wobbling in the steering wheel when going over 40mph is annoying.
  • I have a 2009 XF, purchased new in April of '09. When I first took delivery of the car, I immediately checked both the tire pressure and wheel lug nut torque. Neither were correct. Tires inflated too high, lug torque too low.

My car rides fairly well, considering the poor surface quality of the roads where I live (snow belt state), however I have the 18" wheels on the car. In fact, I purposely bought a model that had the 18s, especially for this reason.
  • chriw1chriw1 Posts: 1
    The wheels are the biggest complaint I have with my 2010 XF. When left outside one night they froze and drove like the flintstones car till they heated up. Also 3 bent rims, a tire blow out and second tire bubble courtesy of a pothole and then finally last night a flat to add insult to injury. I don''t think this car is designed to be ridden on normal streets only race tracks. Never had this problem with any of my BMWs.
  • Hi all,

Wow, I can't believe that no one has posted here since 2011.

Can anyone tell me what sort of deals they're getting? I'm looking at an XF AWD and am wondering what sort of discount I can expect to get on the vehicle?

Thanks.
  • A reporter would like to speak to a recent Jaguar buyer who likes what Tata Motors, the owner of Jaguar, is doing with the brand. If this is you, please send your daytime contact information to PR@edmunds.com no later than Monday, September 9, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Have you bought an AWD XF yet? I'm looking for one also. Some dealers are marking some, but not all, new ones down about $8,000. Also, some of the dealer demos are being sold as CPO cars, with Jag Select warranty, and marked down even more than $8,000.
  • Still looking - I think deals are to be had on 2013s now.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,482
    I, too, have been shopping '13 XF. $5000 customer cash on AWD. I've negotiated at a couple of dealerships for in stock cars at invoice (at least the invoice I am aware of) less the $5k. One dealer did mention dipping into holdback, but that was on a model with more equipment than I wanted/can afford.

So deals to be had on '13, but diminishing inventory.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• Bought my '13 XF AWD about 2 weeks ago. Luv it, other than the engine sound at idle and the exhaust note are sort of odd, nothing like the aggressive burble of the V8. I bought an "exec driven" car with 2,500 miles that the dealer had in-service for about 3 months. It came with the Jag Select Edition extended warranty, to 6 years or $100k, and was about $10k off MSRP. This seems to be pretty typical of the deals being made by the more aggressive dealers, who tend to advertise on cars.com or autotrader.com. I've seen a few other exec driven XFs marked down even more, $11 - 13k, and a lot of new ones marked down $6 - 10k. I assume this is the dealer holdback but I was not able to verify. There was one exec driven AWD XF on ebay a few weeks ago that the dealer in Ft. Worth sold with Select Edition for $18k off MSRP! It was stratus grey so I didn't buy it -- don't care for that color -- but man somebody got an incredible deal on it! That's by far the best deal I've seen on one. Good luck.
    Last I knew, Jaguar [ like Audi & BMW ]
    had no holdback...

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/
    Dealer #2, after pricing the XF down to his "dead cost," then mentioned a possiblity of finding another ~2%, I took that as holdback, but maybe dealer incentives I'm not aware of.

Yes, currently I drive a V8 which just makes the best sound I hear every day. The SC 6 and Turbo 4 just can't match that.

Please post further thoughts on your XF when you have a moment! Ride, handling, NVH,engine, mpg...

I'm still trying to figure out what to do, the '13s around here are fading away. I'll look for a CPO '13 such as you have.

• What are the lease numbers for a 2013 XFR and XF SC for 12K miles, 36 months? Any incentives/cash back offers?
  • I'm sorry, but we don't have the Jaguar numbers for December

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs