Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar XF Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    A reporter would like to speak to a recent Jaguar buyer who likes what Tata Motors, the owner of Jaguar, is doing with the brand. If this is you, please send your daytime contact information to PR@edmunds.com no later than Monday, September 9, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Have you bought an AWD XF yet? I'm looking for one also. Some dealers are marking some, but not all, new ones down about $8,000. Also, some of the dealer demos are being sold as CPO cars, with Jag Select warranty, and marked down even more than $8,000.
  • Still looking - I think deals are to be had on 2013s now.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,645
    I, too, have been shopping '13 XF. $5000 customer cash on AWD. I've negotiated at a couple of dealerships for in stock cars at invoice (at least the invoice I am aware of) less the $5k. One dealer did mention dipping into holdback, but that was on a model with more equipment than I wanted/can afford.

So deals to be had on '13, but diminishing inventory.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• Bought my '13 XF AWD about 2 weeks ago. Luv it, other than the engine sound at idle and the exhaust note are sort of odd, nothing like the aggressive burble of the V8. I bought an "exec driven" car with 2,500 miles that the dealer had in-service for about 3 months. It came with the Jag Select Edition extended warranty, to 6 years or $100k, and was about $10k off MSRP. This seems to be pretty typical of the deals being made by the more aggressive dealers, who tend to advertise on cars.com or autotrader.com. I've seen a few other exec driven XFs marked down even more, $11 - 13k, and a lot of new ones marked down $6 - 10k. I assume this is the dealer holdback but I was not able to verify. There was one exec driven AWD XF on ebay a few weeks ago that the dealer in Ft. Worth sold with Select Edition for $18k off MSRP! It was stratus grey so I didn't buy it -- don't care for that color -- but man somebody got an incredible deal on it! That's by far the best deal I've seen on one. Good luck.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,530
    Last I knew, Jaguar [ like Audi & BMW ]
    had no holdback...

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/
    Dealer #2, after pricing the XF down to his "dead cost," then mentioned a possiblity of finding another ~2%, I took that as holdback, but maybe dealer incentives I'm not aware of.

Yes, currently I drive a V8 which just makes the best sound I hear every day. The SC 6 and Turbo 4 just can't match that.

Please post further thoughts on your XF when you have a moment! Ride, handling, NVH,engine, mpg...

I'm still trying to figure out what to do, the '13s around here are fading away. I'll look for a CPO '13 such as you have.

• What are the lease numbers for a 2013 XFR and XF SC for 12K miles, 36 months? Any incentives/cash back offers?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,077
    I'm sorry, but we don't have the Jaguar numbers for December

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• stevejostevejo Posts: 9
    edited December 2013
    Thoughts on my '13 XF AWD, that I've had for 6 weeks -- the handling is very precise, the ride is beyond belief -- I hardly notice when I go over RR tracks -- and the acceleration is impressive -- any more power and I'd just get myself arrested! Fuel mileage is consistent with the 16/26 EPA rating. The NAV is a little "clunky" -- as I've heard others describe -- but I had to pay for it to get the back-up camera, which is great (I never had one before). I have seen that the back-up camera is standard on the '14 XFs, and the NAV is a $1900 option. I can't imagine parking this car w/o the front warning system and the back-up camera ... because from the driver's seat, one can't really see much of the front or any of the rear of the car! The 8-speed trans shifts so smoothly and so often, that it gives one sort of an odd sensation, in that it shifts before you anticipate it should -- and then you hardly notice it did shift, other than see the tach fall back. I have no complaints other than the exhaust note of the SC V6 at idle, but I'll live with that to get the AWD, which is already paying off given the recent snow.

Thanks for the update! I'm still trying to buy a '13, but they are few and far between with the options I want. Regretfully, I think I'm ready to trade my XK for the better year round capabilities of the XF, but if I can't swing a deal in the next few days, I may go to Plan B, an Audi A5. Or, Plan C, a winter beater!

Wow, latest offer for a '13 XF is a little over $12,300 off MSRP. Will visit the dealer tomorrow to get the XK appraised, I'm hoping the appraisal will be consistent (certainly not lower) with the other two Jag dealers have offered as this XF is a bit more optioned than I need. But, at this price, well, let's see what happens tomorrow.

edited December 2013

AWD V6?

Good luck!

• Ray

Jag lover .....

Aye, Ray. 825 Watt Meridian Premium Pkg, Cold Weather (new favorite option: heated steering wheel!), Convenience pkg and split/ski sack rear seat. Every time I believe that I am ready to part with my Jag XK, I see it, sit in it and drive it. And my mind immediately changes. I don't necessarily have to move on from the XK, but it is probably the "mature" thing to do. Hopefully, the XF won't leave me too longing for XK. Sigh. :(

Hi, Ray: A much more verbose posting in the CCBA thread, but I done did it. Traded in the '09 XK for a '13 XF. Over $14,300 off MSRP, less on XK trade than I had wanted, but not the time of year or geography to trade in an XK. And, they "threw in" nice winter floor mats!

I make the exchange tomorrow. Bittersweet, parting with the XK is somewhat painful (as well as having car payments, but 1.84% apr). But, life is seldom linear...

• stevejostevejo Posts: 9

Laurasdada, So how do you like the XF AWD? Sounds like you got a heck of a deal -- did you get the premium package? Mine is doing quite well in this snow -- it's not my wife LR3 but beats the heck out of my old XJR for getting around on snow and ice.

Hi, Steve: While I miss the XK, I'm enjoying the XF. Premium, Cold, Convenience and folding rear seat/ski sack. And, at the last minute, I asked for and got winter mats! But, they probably got me on the trade... Good to hear it's good in the snow, one of the reasons I traded the XK. Although, now that I have a car suitable for snow, I predict it will no longer snow!

Looks like my first tank of gas I got just shy of 19mpg, but that included a lot of local driving and idling. Stop/Start doesn't seem to work below 40 degrees. It's my first stop/start car, not sure how it compares to the lambasted version in the 3 series, but it doesn't seem too obtrusive. Noticeable at startup, but not an earthquake. Haven't yet really tested the torque, only ~350 miles on the clock so far. But, everything is working as advertised, the tranny shifts are smooth, steering good feel and the car does not feel as big and heavy as it is. Wife's 5'er feels like a big car with bland steering when I drive it, the XF is better.

Still loving yours?

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,764

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• texas82texas82 Posts: 2

Hello. Just bought a 2013 XF Portfolio demo. I live in Houston, but bought it in San Antonio. They were the only one that had just what I wanted in Texas or Oklahoma. Paid $51,700, MSRP was $63,300. Think I could have done better, but wanted the car too bad. It drives absolutely like a dream. I'm very excited. I can highly recommend Barrett Jaguar in San Antonio.

• texas82texas82 Posts: 2

So... the dealer is offering me an extended warranty. Currently sits at 4 years or 50K miles. Offer is for an additional 3 years up to 100K miles. They want $2,980. Anyone know if that's a reasonable deal?

@texas82 said: So... the dealer is offering me an extended warranty. Currently sits at 4 years or 50K miles. Offer is for an additional 3 years up to 100K miles. They want $2,980. Anyone know if that's a reasonable deal?

First, congrats on the XF and welcome to the club! What interior/exterior color? Jealous that you have Portfolio, that gives you the much more adjustable seats, that is what I currently miss most from my XK.

Extended warranty? For me, I'd self-insure. Put the $2980 away for the possible rainy day after the 4/50 warranty expires. That way, if you need an expensive, would have been covered by the extended warranty, repair, you've got $3k to use. If you don't have any such potential warranty related repairs, you've still got your $3k!!! But, if it will help you sleep at night, and plan to keep the XF well beyond four years, at least negotiate the price. And be very sure that it will cover all the goodies that might go wrong post 4/50.

First electrical gremlin? Just once, using the steering wheel control, I wasn't able to scroll through radio FM presets in order. It would bounce around. Weird, seems OK today...

Also, either my headlights are aimed too low or the XF headlights are sub-par!

Dealer adjusted the headlights. Noted they were in spec, but there is a range to adjust. Much better, no headlight flashes from oncoming cars, so I think I'm good now.

Passed 2000 miles this week. Certainly not a Prius, but given the weight and power of this large, AWD car, mpg isn't too bad. Depending upon my local ~20 mile/day commute route, getting 17-18+ mpg. Last couple of tankfuls, per OBC, 19.9 mpg avg 30mph and 21.3mpg avg 31mph. Need more road trips, only one so far and that was 27.3mpg avg 53mph. Of course, premium fuel. I believe the wife's 535xi does about 10-15% better. Still nice ride/handling compromise. I don't think the ride is quite as smooth as my XK, but that could be the weight. XF absosrbs the bumps nicely, I think I can hear the suspension doing it's job, but it is not telegraphed into the cabin. There definately is wind noice around the exterior mirrors. And, pronounced wind noise with the roof hole or windows open. Although, given this long, cold winter, not a large sample set of that. Steering, not as much feel as I remembered from test drives. Especially at lower speeds. But, no slop. Turn the wheel, wheels turn. No problems in the snow, as hoped. The car handles well, but like my XK it is more a GT than sports sedan. Enjoying the interior and toys. Touchscreen is fine, simple to use/learn. A bit of lag sometimes, but I think an improvement over the Gen 1 in the XK. Comfortable, nicely bolstered seats. Bluetooth doesn't connect 100% of the time. Automatic high beams, meh. Part of the packge, but I certainly wouldn't buy them a la carte. Cool reading lights, simply brush a finger on the lights and they turn on. Seat and steering wheel heat is fabulous, almost too hot! And, nice to be able to haul my skis around inside the car. And, a lovely exterior. I think it sitll looks modern and distinctive in details. Stands out in the mid luxury crowd.
    Pace with grace.

Great to hear - hope you continue to enjoy her!

• Ray

Not in the market for a Jag, unless I win that 400,000,000 dollars tonight

Not fooling me, Ray. I see your M2 lust on the other threads! With my cut of the 400mm, I'm thinking of an F-Type coupe now. Looking forward to the Jag XE in a couple of years, I probably overshot the mark size-wise with the XF (I'd prefer smaller), but the XF is as small as Jag goes with true room for 4+.

Buttons: The XF has 'em and I like 'em! While the touch screen controls much, there are redundant buttons below the screen and on the console below that. They feel good, not hard plastic, rather feel "rubberized." I'll have to take a closer look, but this just occurred to me this morning, commuting to work. A soft touch is all that is required with delicate feedback to let you know it has engaged. I find this a small feature, but elegant.

Rotating vents continue to rotate and shift dial continues to rise and retract, in case anyone was wondering!

Greetings. Figured I'd update my now getting long in the tooth '13 Jag XF status: Turned 7000 miles this past weekend, so I'm averaging just a bit less than 1k/month. But that's picking up. Per OBC for the last 5k miles I've averaged 27.9 mph and 23.8 mpg. Not bad (my daily commute is ~20 miles, either back road/stop lights and signs or stop and go highway).

No issues to report other than a sunshade rattle, but only when the sunroof shade is fully pulled back and I'm on rocky road. Still enjoying the overall goodness of this car. I know it's a bit of a porker weight-wise, but it is just so well damped and tuned I don't feel it (unlike a bit in the 535). Meridian sound rocks, and when required, rolls. Leather still looks new, a few wrinkles on the outboard seat cushion of my (driver's) seat. No Prince of Darkness issues to report.

Still working for me style-wise both in and out. Two shortcomings, especially at this price point, though: * Should have more than just the basic 6 way adjustable seats * Should have front fog lights (it has a rear)

Also, visibility takes a bit of a backseat to the slick style. Hence, using the blind spot warning, backup camera/radar and my owl-like swivelling neck!

Nothing has slowed or phased this car, weatherwise. Like my XK, it will cruise effortlessly at speed. And, a little more speed. And again, more than that! First service isn't due until the end of the year and I'll probably take it with son and skis for a week to the mountains of Vermont, Maine or New Hampster this winter. Should't be an issue, the awd and Conti all seasons made short order ot this past winter.

So, for those that may be considering the new, curry-flavored Jag, here's one big thumbs up! Of course, it's only been 7.5 months, plenty of warranty left!

2»