Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jaguar XF Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're welcome nd_irish. You definitely should take the cash incentive into account when negotiating the selling price for the vehicle that you want. Chances are that Jaguar is taking at least part of it into account in its official advertised payment for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi - would you be able to tell me the residual, money factor, and incentives for the base model XF in July? Also - do you know how the money factor differs for tier 1 vs tier 2 credit? Thank you for your help, it's great that you are able to supply this information.
    Sure senecastone. Chase's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 base XF with 15,000 miles per year are .00004 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. I don't know what the difference between Tier 1 & 2 is offhand, but I'll see if I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • newxfnewxf Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

Thank you for the updated July info on the 36 month lease rates. A couple questions for clarification:

1. Does the lease residual for 15K mi/yr at 44% = 10K mi/yr at 47% (plus 3%)? The Jaguar USA web site seems to indicate a 10K mi/yr lease residual is 46% ($24783/$53875). Is there an additional 1% residual to be had at 10K mi/yr?

2. How much of a lease incentive to dealer is still in place? For a 36 month 10K mi/yr, using a MF = 0.0004 and residual = 46% seems to indicate an incentive of roughly $2850 applied. You mentioned that previously the total lease incentive to dealer was actually $3400- is this full $3400 still available?

Thanks for all the _very_ helpful info!
    Sorry Car Man, a quick correction on my second question posted above- I included my state tax in the calculation by mistake. Based on the Jaguar USA current lease offer for a 36 month 10K mi/yr, using a MF = 0.0004 and residual = 46% seems to indicate an incentive of roughly $1580 applied (not $2850). In any case, is the full $3400 dealer lease incentive still available in July?

Thanks again!
    You're very welcome newxf. I believe that one used to add 3% to Jag leases to convert them from 15k to 10k when they leased through Jaguar Credit. After they were sold by Ford and switched to leasing through Chase I believe that the low mileage adder for 10k dropped to 2%.

Pretty good estimate, newxf. Jaguar is providing a $2,900 cash incentive on 36-month leases of base '12 XF models through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man, great info. I take it this means a 10K mi residual would be 46%, and that for 12K mi Jaguar Credit only adds 1% (45%)?

Jaguar USA is advertising that their current XF lease offer runs through the end of August. Do you think the current MF, residual, and incentive will continue to get worse in August (July numbers weren't as favorable as June's)? Or any chance they'll improve with the release of 2013's in August?

Thanks for the advice!
  • newjagxfnewjagxf Posts: 1
    Car Man, I wanted to check if this is a good lease

XF Base Model with Premium Package -1:
    MSRP: $ 56,125
    Capitalized Cost: $ 51,984
    Residual: $ 25,817
    Lease Term: 36 months
    Money Factor: 0.00004
    Total Drive Off Amount: $ 2124
    Monthly Payment: $ 785.45

To me the MSRP looks very high.

Let me know your thought. Thanks.
    You're very welcome newxf. I believe that your assumption about Chase's low mileage adders is correct.

Jaguar's programs are usually fairly consistent throughout the quarter so it wouldn't surprise me in the least if its August program for the XF was exactly the same as its July program. We'll know for certain later this week.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey newjagxf. This car has a spread of around $4,350 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $2,900 cash incentive that is available on leases of this car and you have a total of around $7,250 to play with in your negotiations.

It looks to me as though the selling price that you were quoted is probably around $3,000 over invoice. If you're in an area that has a decent level of competition, you should be able to do better than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for the update. I didn’t get to do much car shopping in July, but am looking to close a deal this month, so I’m definitely interested in seeing the August incentive, money factor, and residual for a 36 mo 10K mi lease. Hopefully they hold or even improve a bit with the 2013s showing up. Look forward to your post, and thanks for all your help!
  • bb1857bb1857 Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan,

Do you have any info on the XF Supercharged concerning the money factor, residual for 15K and the incentive offered? Also any August info would be great as well. Thanks.
    Hi Car_Man,

I saw on another site that the $2900 incentive is good through 10/1/12. Would this indicate that the other numbers (MF and residual) remain the same as last month's? The JaguarUSA site still lists the residual as 46% as of 7/3/2012.

I also turned up a series of incentives ($1500, $3500, $5000) listed as "Bonus Cash Jaguar US ALIVE Driving Experience Cash Jaguar US National"- do you have any details on how these rebates work?

Thanks for all the info, looking forward to your post!
    You're welcome newxf. I believe that Jag's August lease program for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Base is exactly the same as its July program was.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, bb1857. Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Supercharged with 15,000 miles per year are .00002 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As far as cash incentives go, this month Jaguar is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car through Chase.

Car_man
    Host
    The Alive Driving Experience that you mentioned is a test drive event that Jaguar sponsors. I believe that they give consumers who attend an additional cash incentive that they can apply towards their purchase. I actually attended one of these events a couple of years ago and it was excellent. I got to drive an XF around the a beautiful race track and then on a tour of winding country roads.

You can sign up for a potential opportunity to go to one of these events here:

http://www.jaguarusa.com/drive-experience/overview/

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks very much for in the update Car_man. Do you have the MF, residual, and incentives for the 2012 XF Portfolio (36 mo 10K mi/yr) lease? Many of the Base XFs I'm looking at are so heavily optioned, I may be better off leasing an XF Portfolio. Also, if the XF Portfolio lease incentive is less than $2000, as a current XF owner, can I use the $2000 loyalty cash instead? Thank you in advance!
    You're welcome newxf. Chase's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio with 10,000 miles per year are .00003 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The cash incentive on leases of the Portfolio drops to $600, versus $2,900 on the base. However, the $2,000 loyalty cash is available on the Portfolio XF, but not the base so the total incentive on the Portfolio is $2,600 for loyal customers...not much different than the $2,900.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

I would appreciate it if you could let me know if the October 2012 loyalty incentives are the same as they were in September 2012 for the XF Portfolio or if they have improved. I checked the Jaguar USA Web site, and the $2,000 loyalty incentive shown has an October 1st expiration date.

I also would appreciate it if you could let me know what the October 2012 money factors and residuals would be for a 24-month and 36-month lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio with 10,000 miles per year. Also, is 10,000 miles the lowest mileage offered on Jaguar leases? Thanks, again!
  • Hey nd_irish. The $2,000 loyalty cash has been extended through the end of the year.

Chase's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 XF Portfolio with 10,000 miles per year are .00083 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for it top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00003 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host