It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
'99 Passport/Rodeo passenger engine bank not firing
- we've swapped the ignition coils from the good side to the bad side - no change. Did the same for the injectors and spark plugs - no change.
- pull the injector wiring or coil packs on passenger cylinders and no change in the engine's running, but if we pull anything on the drivers side bank the engine runs extremely rough and tries to die
-check engine light is on
- Pulled the fuel rail to see if the injectors were firing and all 6 were, the coil packs will arc visibly when grounded.
- there is a popping noise coming from the intake tube when revved
- engine has a small vibration, but it doesn't sound too bad
-put a fluke meter on the injector wires and they alternate b/w 8.x and 10.x volts on either side.
We're thinking some kind of electrical problem or timing issue? What could cause this? How can we find out? Is a camshaft position sensor the same as crank position sensor? Any suggestions would be appreciated!