Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Article Comments - 2009 BMW 335d Full Test

13»

Comments

• bncprfbncprf Posts: 1
    I just purchased the 335d after driving both it and the 335i at several dealerships over a few weeks. I loved both cars, handling and performance were close, ride was terrific, but ended up going with the diesel because of the torque, especially at passing speeds. As for the fuel cost, it seems that most people are forgetting that the 335i requires premium, which right now in my location is about 30 cents more per gallon than diesel. I'm averaging 30 mpg with my foot in it all the time, which tells me that the advantage over the 335i is more than people realize. Plus I'm enjoying not stopping for fuel as often with the incredible range of the diesel. So I'm pretty happy with my d model, but to each his own!
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,207
    Thanks for the report.

Enjoy!
  • nkeennkeen Posts: 316
    I think a 335d is "sportier" than an auto tranny 335i. When I drove both back to back some time ago, I was underwhelmed by the 335i's low to mid-range torque, but the 335d had a thumping urge to go and run.
13»