Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Soul

Comments

• That's because everyone is over at KiaSoulForums or SoulHamster talking about their cars.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,873
    edited November 2010
    A reporter is interested in talking with a recent and first-time owner of a Kia. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than noon on November 10, 2010, and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    surprised this has not been added to the forum, as this info has now been available since the NY auto show back in late April when the new facelifted model was announced.
    So if you are still not aware of it here's the details, the major changes are all new 6 speed transmissions and different engines.

This will give you full current details and lots of photographs, full specs and prices have yet to be announced. This is all US info only.

http://www.kiamedia.com/secure/soul2012.html
  • joeyrabjoeyrab Posts: 65
    In "99" they weren't just fighting an image problem, they were fighting a quality problem. Hyundai/Kia has come a long way no doubt about it, but a they are no Toyota or Honda that's for sure. 2011 Consumer Guide still puts Toyota as the most reliable auto out there. Honda does well...even Subaru is doing better. Hyundai/Kia is still middle of the road, ALTHOUGH, their vehicle look great, have lots of options, and cost a few pennies less.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Posts: 5,695
    edited May 2011
    still means barf-bag boring. Period. I could care less if they toasted your toast in the morning for you, too. They're appliances, I'm so glad I bought my '99 Kia Sephia and my '01 Sportage 4X4.

Kia builds automobiles. Toyota builds appliances. Kia drivers care about how their cars look and about how they perform. Toyota buyers just care about their car's resale value. Get a solid grip and become a car nut like me. Not a car buyer.

That's the difference. There's Kia Sephia clubs all over South Korea. If I owned a Toyota Corolla I'd just join a quilting club and sit around and talk about the grass popping up and Aunt Tilda's dress needing hemming. Boring.

Appliances for the masses. At Toyota we do them for a living.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

• importkiaimportkia Posts: 2
    I am a US citizen living in Canada. I bought a 2010 Kia Soul from a dealer new about one year ago while living in Canada. I am now moving, next week or so, back to the US and am struggling to make sure I can drive the car into Canada and "import" it to stay with me in my new residence in the US.
    Kia provided a letter stating the car complies with all US EPA standards, but will not provide a letter of conformance or compliance in regards to US safety standards. Nobody can seem to tell me what is non-conforming or what modifications would be required (if any) to make it conform.
    check this out, there is various links, US customs needs to inform you of these regulations.

http://foreignborn.com/visas_imm/entering_us/7importingyourcar.htm
  • ben70ben70 Posts: 16
    We're senior citizens; we loved the soul and were ready to buy. What stopped us? The funky colors available. How about white? White is the only color we would own here in Phoenix. The funky red trim on the Soul+ - ech! What about a camel interior? What about color combinations that appeal to older drivers who have the money to buy. Targeting a youth audience may have worked years ago but not in this economy. Kia needs to target a broader audience.
    just released today (June 29th)

Soul - base, + (plus), ! (exclaim)
    Exterior:

Multi-reflector headlamps (base, +)
    Projection headlamps w/ LED daytime running lights (!)
    LED tail lamps (!)
    Revised 18" alloy wheels
    Tire width increased from 225/45R18 to 235/45R18
    Revised 16" alloy wheels
    Revised 15" wheel covers
    Revised front fog lights (+ w/ power sunroof w/ fog lights, !)
    Rear camera display (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package; standard on !)
    Side mirrors w/ turn signal indicators (+, !)
    Revised hood, front and rear fascias
    Added Moss to list of exterior colors

Interior:

Revised center stack and gear shift design
    UVO system w/ HD Radio UVO in-car hands-free entertainment and communication system package (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package; standard on !)
    Available Navigation system with SiruisXM Traffic™ (! w/ Premium Package)
    Available Infinity Audio System (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package; standard on !)
    Telescoping steering wheel
    Auto on/off headlamps (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package; standard on !)
    Two-stage heated front seats (vs. previous one-stage) (! w/ Premium Package)
    Illuminated sun visor vanity mirrors (+)
    Illuminated glove box
    Revised speaker lamp illumination (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package; standard on !)
    Tire mobility kit
    Revised interior cloth (+)

Mechanical:

1.6-liter four-cylinder GDI engine (base)
    2.0-liter four-cylinder MPI engine (+, !)
    6-speed automatic transmission (vs. previous 4-speed) (optional on base, +; standard on !)
    6-speed manual transmission (vs. previous 5-speed)
    Electric power steering (vs. hydraulic)
    Active eco system (applies to A/T)
    Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
    Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
    Eco Package (A/T only) w/ Idle Stop and Go (ISG) (optional on A/T base, +)
    White is available as an exterior colour. The 2012 models are coming out in a few months, so maybe something might appeal to you then. Did you see the interior finish on the 2012 Soul they had on display at the NY auto show? If not check out these photos at:
    http://www.kiamedia.com/secure/soul2012-photos.php

I like the beige and black interior on the Soul 4u Retro (Canadian model). I'm a senior citizen too. :)
  • mrcellusmrcellus Posts: 52
    Great news thanks C.
  • netranger4netranger4 Posts: 149
    Ben70, there is a white Soul available. A longtime acquaintance of mine is the local Kia dealer and has at this writing several white cars along with the youth oriented colors to choose from.

To be honest, I didn't check the interiors as I was there on an errand. Hopefully the '12's will offer some more subdued color schemes.
    Exterior:
    Rear camera display (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package (A/T only);
    standard on !)

Interior:
    UVO system w/ HD Radio UVO in-car hands-free entertainment and communication system package (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package (A/T only); standard on !)

Available Infinity Audio System (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package (A/T only); standard on !)

Auto on/off headlamps (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package (A/T only);
    standard on !)

Revised speaker lamp illumination (+ w/ Audio Upgrade Package (A/T only); standard on !)
    2012 Changes:

1.6L GDI Engine and 2.0L Nu Engine added
    Standard 6 Speed Manual Transmission and available 6 Speed Automatic Transmission
    Exterior Enhancements
    Front / rear bumper design changed
    2-bulb headlamp changed to 4-bulb plus available projection feature
    Rear lamp design changed and available LED rear tail lamps added
    New optional 18” Alloy wheels
    Interior Enhancements
    New optional 7-inch navigation
    New optional UVO infotainment
    New optional Supervision cluster
    New upper floor console and new 6-speed gear shift knob
    Available “Idle Stop-and-Go” Technology
    Standard Hill Assist Control (HAC) and Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
    Three new colours added – Misty Green, Olive Green and Saddle Brown
    Three colours removed – Java Brown, Orange, Blue Stone
    New “Patterned” style cloth interior replaces Houndstooth design
    Specifications and trims have been modified
    I have features specs on the Canadian Soul, any questions just fire away.
  • vt2862vt2862 Posts: 1
    Do you know when they will be in the showroom in Canada vs USA?
    I would estimate some time in September for Canada, probably similar for the US too.
    here's a one page summary of the 2012 Soul for the Canadian market. Prices have not yet been announced.

according to Kia Canada the 2012 Soul should be arriving in showrooms late October.
  • ben70ben70 Posts: 16
    Lets hope Kia releases the 2012 Soul soon. We've been spending small fortune to keep our Honda Odyssey on the road. Let's hope that the 2012 Soul is available before the flaky brakes on the Odyssey kill us!
    1.6L MT - $16,595
    1.6L AT & a/c - $18,995
    1.6L AT ECO - $19,995

2.0L 2u MT - $18,995
    2.0L 2u AT - $20,195

2.0L 4u MT - $20,495
    2.0L 4u AT - $22,695
    2.0L 4u Retro AT - $23,495
    2.0L 4u Burner AT - $24,195
    2.0L 4u Luxury AT - $25,395
    here is the one page summary I posted earlier only this time all the MSRP for each model have been added for ease of viewing.

• barryk2barryk2 Posts: 6
    Can't read on this site any way to see it in another form?.
    sorry, try this link and then you can enlarge it on that site

http://rides.webshots.com/album/580544387KsNYCP
    Fuel Economy (city/highway):
    6-speed 1.6L M/T: 27/35 (CITY +1/HWY +4)
    6-speed 1.6L A/T: 27/35 (new for 2012)
    6-speed 2.0L M/T: 26/34 (CITY +2/HWY +4)
    6-speed 2.0L A/T: 26/34 (CITY +2/HWY +4)
    base price MSRP is $13,900 (up $600 over the 2011 model), no more Sport version

http://www.kiamedia.com/secure/corporate081611.html
    6 various 2012 manuals available for download from KGIS
    base MT - $13,900
    base AT - $15,700
    + MT - $16,300
    + AT - $17,300
    ! - $19,600