Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Soul

Comments

• conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    1.6L MT - $16,595
    1.6L AT & a/c - $18,995
    1.6L AT ECO - $19,995

2.0L 2u MT - $18,995
    2.0L 2u AT - $20,195

2.0L 4u MT - $20,495
    2.0L 4u AT - $22,695
    2.0L 4u Retro AT - $23,495
    2.0L 4u Burner AT - $24,195
    2.0L 4u Luxury AT - $25,395
    here is the one page summary I posted earlier only this time all the MSRP for each model have been added for ease of viewing.

• barryk2barryk2 Posts: 6
    Can't read on this site any way to see it in another form?.
    sorry, try this link and then you can enlarge it on that site

http://rides.webshots.com/album/580544387KsNYCP
    Fuel Economy (city/highway):
    6-speed 1.6L M/T: 27/35 (CITY +1/HWY +4)
    6-speed 1.6L A/T: 27/35 (new for 2012)
    6-speed 2.0L M/T: 26/34 (CITY +2/HWY +4)
    6-speed 2.0L A/T: 26/34 (CITY +2/HWY +4)
    base price MSRP is $13,900 (up $600 over the 2011 model), no more Sport version

http://www.kiamedia.com/secure/corporate081611.html
    6 various 2012 manuals available for download from KGIS
    base MT - $13,900
    base AT - $15,700
    + MT - $16,300
    + AT - $17,300
    ! - $19,600
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    I have dual citizenship and I have imported vehicles from Canada into the U.S. (and vice versa). You are correct in stating that you need a letter from the manufacturer stating the vehicle meets U.S. safety and emissions standards. Regarding the safety standards and lack of confirmation from Kia, I would examine the labeling on the vehicle (e.g. under the hood, on the driver's door, etc.) or on the original dealer sticker if it is available, and check if there is any indication of compliance with U.S. safety standards. Further, I would discuss the issue with the U.S. Customs office at the particular border entry point prior to importing the vehicle into the U.S. They can provide you with advice as to whether you have sufficient documentation for importing the vehicle into the U.S. Good luck.
  • My wife and I took delivery of our new Kia Soul+ Manual Sept. 14. After the car was bought and paid for we discovered that there was no cruise control even though the window sticker showed it as having it. We have a good dealer and salesman and since this was one of the first 2012 Soul recieved they were as surprised as we were. We contacted Kia customer service that same day sending them a fax of the sticker and a photo of the steering wheel as they requested. We were told the southern consumer affairs office would contact us about it. They never called as promised but I was able to reach with assistance from the California office an Ola Sprague, the assigned case mgr. She told me she couldnt do anything until the office Mgr returned on Friday and she would call me Friday morning. She didn't do that so I had to reach her myself in which case she arrogantly told me they were not going to install an after market cruise or any other cruise control on my Car. I asked that Kia assist in me obtaining an automatic that had cruise. I asked that her manager call back. Friday afternoon the manager Paul Stapelton called to rudely tell me that all they would do was give me the cost of the cruise control parts to the Kia factory, about $150. This was an insult by a truly certified SOB. All I can say to anyone with a problem with a problem with a Kia and has to appeal to th Kia southern affairs office, GOOD LUCK, YOU WILL NEED IT!
    sorry for your problem, but how did you not know it had cruise before you purchased it? Did you not test drive the vehicle? Did you purchase it and pay for it in full before even looking at the vehicle? Seems a strange way to purchase such a large ticket item.

When I purchased my Kia I spent a good 30-45 minutes checked out the whole vehicle (just like a PDI) before I even paid a cent for it and then if something isn't right its either correct then by the service department or I get something else.

On the Canadian Soul's cruise is not available on manual transmission models.
  • The cruise control on the 2012 soul models is in a different place on the steering wheel, the bottom, than on the 2011. I did test drive the car but have never tested the cruise control on a test drive before. Because it is so new the dealer thought it had cruise because the sticker said it did. Only after this incident did many dealers find out that the + manual did not include this stated feature. The main point here is that the southern consumer affairs office and its manager can not be depended on to give support to Kia owners.
  • My Kia dealership sales Mgr has been turned down in his request to Kia for assistance in my case. I had offered to Kia and the dealership to pay the difference in cost between the manual + soul and the auto soul + with Kia giving assistance in the tradeout. I have a permanent injury to my right leg in which cruise control helps me not to have cramps on a trip over 20 highway miles. We gave our 08 XB manual, which has cruise to our son. He uses and likes the cruise,so we won't be getting that car back. The previous Soul+ manual had cruise and their main competition the XB manual has it so early on here everyone was taken by surprise they dropped it but still had it listed on the 2012 Soul + window stickers. Kia should step up and help me on this matter and take responsibility for their mistake which is causing us a lot of dissapointment. The right thing to do is help us get into the Soul + auto which has cruise and it may be the legally correct thing to do. We will see!
  • South Eastern dealers I have asked have told me that Kia or the Kia Southern Regonal Office or the manager, Paul Stapelton did not inform them that the 2012 Soul+ did not have cruise control, as stated on the window sticker, as Paul Stapelton told me was done Sept. 6. There are still 2012 Kia Soul + manual cars listed on Autotrader of Dealer inventories that show these cars to have cruise control even though they do not and salesmen that do not know this. This may lead some to question the credability of the Kia Southern Regional Office. My dealer, salesman , sales managers have told me they were not told and I believe them. This has caused my wife and I a lot of disappointment and limited use of the car because of my right leg limitations. I have been denied assistance to remedy my problem by this office. I need cruise control and not having it limits the usefulness of this car to me.
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Posts: 519
    edited September 2011
    Keep up the pressure on Kia. They clearly baited you. From their Media Center site, a press release dated August 17, 2011:

"Soul+ with manual transmission offers additional standard features, including a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, steering wheel-mounted controls, cruise control, hands-free Bluetooth® wireless connectivity, dual front 12-volt power outlets with single power outlet in the cargo area, and tweeter speakers, all enhancing creature comforts on the road. Standard on the Soul+ is a covered upper storage bin, dual visor vanity mirrors with covers and dual map lights, while black cloth seats are adorned with Soul logo inserts. An optional Audio Upgrade Package also is available for Soul+ featuring an Infinity audio system with UVO technology that enhances the sound with a center speaker, subwoofer, external amplifier and speaker lights in a rainbow of colors that pulse to the beat of the music or add mood lighting. A rear camera display is part of the audio upgrade package for enhanced visibility."

Go to www.kiamedia.com and look for it. Save it. Print it out. And use it as a hammer. The Kia site, www.kia.com, shows that Steering Wheel-Mounted Cruise Control is Standard on ALL Soul models. Period. Print that one out and use it as a crowbar.

File a Lemon Law complaint with your State. And forget about the chastising comments earlier from guy who had the nerve to expect you to check that the window sticker was right !

Try contacting the Owner of the Dealership. The Sales Manager and Service Manager both have to adhere to policies, but the Owner could easily make this right with an Auto car, and write off the loss. Bad PR like this will cost just him - the other guys just make salaries.

I'd be mad as hell too. I have been considering a Soul + Manual w/ Cruise, but now...
  • Thank you for your response and the information.
    The Kia site, www.kia.com, shows that Steering Wheel-Mounted Cruise Control is Standard on ALL Soul models. Period.

sorry but that is not accurate, if you click on the link from the spec list with regards the cruise control, there is a disclaimer which states:
    "not available on Base and Plus M/T."
  • The disclaimer mentioning the + manual has only recently been added and was not there Sept 14, the day I purchased the car. Infact the next day I spoke to a woman by the name of Daniel in the Southern Consumer affairs Office and she was not aware that the + manual should not have cruise control or she would have told me. Im sorry but why are you so negatively interested in my serious problem?