Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Subaru Forester Changes

124»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I don't think so...was it a different color, perhaps, that didn't look as rich?
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Posts: 110
    I agree, the Telescoping steering wheel should be standard on every Forester model.

Apparently, the TELESCOPIC steering wheel feature requires premium fuel - since it isn't available on the 87 octane models ;) (HA HA!)

I mean Subaru must assume that 'short & frugal' people exclusively buy the X model and 'tall & lead-footed' people exclusively buy the Turbo...Other than that, there's no reason not to include TELESCOPIC steering wheel in every Forester trim level.

In fact, the most appealing reason to splurge for the XT is for the telescoping steering wheel...but the premium gas mileage of the XT is worse, and hood scoops are sorta corny on a station wagon.
    :D

I think the non-turbos are set at a fixed position closer to the gas pedal so you can more easily reach the gas to compensate for the lower power output.

:P
  • 2010 Forester Limited.

In FM mode does the radio display name of song and artist?

The Limited has the upgraded stereo w/CD changer.

The car does not have a nav. system.

Thanks!!!
  • red927red927 Posts: 118
    Yes it does if the radio station broadcasts that way. Not all of them do.
  • Thanks, red. The salesman said it did display song/artist for FM stations that broadcast that info but frankly I didn't trust him in that he may have confused FM with Satellite. But it all sounds good now. Thanks!!!
  • mike1325mike1325 Posts: 2
    hey guys i really like to have my fun in the winter, do donuts, drifts, and stuff like that so i would like to know if the VDC and Traction control can be completly turned off on the 2010 subaru forester. i really dont want my fun ruined by a computer can some1 please tell me!! i am considering getting 1 really soon please reply ASAP!! :D
    There's an Off button, but it's my wife's car so I didn't really push it to the limit like I would have with my previous Forester.

I can say it was GREAT in the snow. My daughter was stranded, the plows did not come, yet I made it over there in our '09.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    When I turn my VDC off (2010 Forester 5-speed), I do not notice any intrusion by the traction control. Mine is also the wife's car, so I only turn it off occasionally when I am playing a little bit.... :blush:
124»