It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
No power to overheaed Rear Entertainment System/LCD - Help needed!
We picked it up and our kids immediately noticed that the DVD LCD monitor wasn't working. Uh-oh...this is a BIG deal as we have a 2 and 4 year old.
We took it back to the dealer to look at, who did a "free" diagnostic but they said they could not resolve it without pulling the radio head out and digging a bit deeper (which they want to charge us handsomely for!). They told us there is no way that the service they performed caused it or could in any way be related, but the Rear LCD/RES worked perfectly when we rolled it in to the dealer and did not work seconds after we rolled out. I get the feeling the mechanic thinks it was broken before we took it in so we could say they "broke it" during the other maintenance, so we have an uphill battle.
Here is a rundown of what does/doesn't work, or that I checked:
- Summary of issue: No power to ceiling mounted entertainment system (no display on overhead LCD screen and no response from the overhead controls or remote control).
- The #71 (20A) fuse for the RES, in the Under-Hood Subfuse Box, is working fine. I verified this by swapping out with another working one.
- The REAR PWR button on the dash is ON (we checked that first, and many times since unfortunately).
- The center console DVD Player/unit appears to be working fine as we can "hear" any DVD playing and control the DVD player from the radio console in the dash with no problem.
- The rear speakers play the audio source (DVD, radio, etc.).
- When I turn the headlights on, the text on the Rear Control panel buttons glow green (so it is getting some kind of power)?
- I pulled the outer casing off the Rear Control Panel and the connector to it looks OK (no obvious loose cables or connections).
- My last ditch effort I will be trying tonight is to "Reset" the RES/radio by disconnecting the battery for an hour, but I am not holding out much hope for that.
So...without pulling out the radio head myself and getting in over my head, I am now stumped and plan on taking it to the dealer in the next couple of days.
Any help or othr suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!