Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To ResistAll or Not To...

2»

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 51,975
    edited August 2015
    Sounds like someone works for a car dealer. :)

Went to the local Buick dealer a couple of weeks ago and tested an Encore. When I couldn't read the Monroney sticker because of the glare, the salesperson read off the numbers including a $1,400 paint and protection package that they put on every car. I laughed in the guy's face.

The more I've thought about it, the more I've crossed that dealer off my list. If they are ripping people off right off the bat like that, what kind of experience can I expect down the road when I need service?

The other thing that bugs me is that if the dealer is doing this kind of "treatment" to every car they put on the lot, that means they probably have one or two techs who spend hours prepping these cars. I wouldn't be surprised if they are putting the "wax" on every car using the same dirty rag over and over and scratching the heck out of the clear coat.

Moderator - Buying questions? Please include city or zip code and trim you are shopping, FWD or AWD, etc.

• Bought the $700 7 year package on a CPO. So far, had two areas redone after body work, and a drivers seat cover replaced (no charge). It always looks waxed. I guess I am satisfied.
  • Buyer be ware. According to most in the detail industry a coating is a good thing to have on your vehicle if you want the paint to retain its original luster. The Cal -Tex product "Resistall" is not the product to purchase. Sure the dealer will push it, it increases the profit margin for the dealership. What you don't see is the fine print on the back of the contract. Please read the entire contract front and back to make sure you are informed of the Warranty exclusions and the process to file a claim. I am about to go round and round with this company because I purchased the coating and had it applied to a used BMW in pristine condition. The paint was exposed to an environmental irritant and left a sandpaper like feel to the paint. Cal-Tex to this point has informed me that I purchased a used car policy and they would only cover a buff and wax. and not the damage to the clear coat (requiring a respray). To me unacceptable because the dealership did not disclose this and stated that my cars paint and interior was covered for 7 years. ( I at least read the front of the contract). all in all what I purchased was a product that did not do what the product was designed for. It allowed an environmental contaminant to penetrate their product and bottom line is that they won't stand behind the product. So again Buyer Be Ware!!!!!!
2»