Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To ResistAll or Not To...

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 46,489
    edited August 16
    Sounds like someone works for a car dealer. :)

Went to the local Buick dealer a couple of weeks ago and tested an Encore. When I couldn't read the Monroney sticker because of the glare, the salesperson read off the numbers including a $1,400 paint and protection package that they put on every car. I laughed in the guy's face.

The more I've thought about it, the more I've crossed that dealer off my list. If they are ripping people off right off the bat like that, what kind of experience can I expect down the road when I need service?

The other thing that bugs me is that if the dealer is doing this kind of "treatment" to every car they put on the lot, that means they probably have one or two techs who spend hours prepping these cars. I wouldn't be surprised if they are putting the "wax" on every car using the same dirty rag over and over and scratching the heck out of the clear coat.

Moderator - Buying questions? Please include selling price (not OTD), zip code and trim you are shopping.

• Bought the $700 7 year package on a CPO. So far, had two areas redone after body work, and a drivers seat cover replaced (no charge). It always looks waxed. I guess I am satisfied.