Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Nissan Altima

Comments

• smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    well I'm glad I got a 2010 Maxima SV and didn't wait around for a 2010 Altima 3.5SL because apparently Nissan discontinued that model for 2010 and now the only way to get the V6 in the Altima is with the 3.5SR with sports suspension; I guess the 2.5SL is going to become the top luxury version of the altima since the 3.5SL is gone
    Hi, listen I was just curious if anyone could help me out who has leased or at the very least test driven the 2010 Altima with the premium audio package: with that package it says you get the rearview camera yet in the brochure it lists the rearview camera as a standalone option extra which is integrated into the rearview mirror

My question is, if you get the premium audio package, is the rearview camera picture displayed in the 4.3 inch display screen in the center console or is it automatically in the left portion of the rearview mirror?

I know if you get the technology package with the 6.5inch nav screen that the rearview camera picture is displayed in that screen but I wasn't sure how the image is displayed in the premium audio package? any information would be appreciated!!!
  • yes the back up camra is in the mirror if you don't get the navi system.
  • You can also get a rearview camera by ordering the audio package, which includes the upgraded Bose system, XM radio, bluetooth, usb connection etc. In that case, the rearview is displayed on the 4.3 in radio screen. I just got this in my altima and love it. The msrp price for this package is reasonable ($1240)
  • mhtnmhtn Posts: 21
    I understand that the 2.5 doesn't have a radio but does it have speakers? I've checked the available features here on Edmunds and it listed "4 speakers". I just want to make sure it has speakers.

Thanks!
  • Hello Altima Fans, I just test drove a 2010 Altima sedan V6 SR and I like the car. Can anyone confirm what type of fuel needs to be used? I did my research online and couldn't believe it uses regular instead of premium like in the 2009 model. I found the owners manual in the glove box after the test drive but didn't want to break the wrapping to open it. I also checked the gas filler door but there is no sticker advising what type of fuel it is using. Anyone in this forum have a 2010 V6 SR running on regular? If so any problems?

Thanks.
  • The V6 engine has been retuned for 87 octane beginning with the 2010 model year. In addition, their retuning has also resulted in an improvement of the highway mpg from 26 mpg to 27 mpg.
    wow, I didn't know that, that is great news that they switched back the requirement to 87 octane because I know that a big complaint with the V6 compared to GM, Ford, Toyota, and Honda was that it required premium so now they all can't hold that over Nissan's head anymore

I just wish they would do this for my 2010 Maxima!!
  • Just bought the 3.5 V6 and the dealer says "premium" is recommended but not required. Says fill up about every 3rd tank with "premium" but regular is ok. I decided I loved the car so much, better than the Honda Accord I would have bought it even it it required premium. :blush:
  • I just got my 3rd Altima a week ago and am surprised at the hardness of the drivers seat. This is the first time I did not get a power seat - the dealership said that would not make a difference. Does anyone else agree that the seats are like cardboard or is it just mine?
    The windshield wipers are also so loud because they hit the bottom of the window with each swipe. Do yours too?
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    I just traded in my '07 for the '10 and I didn't notice those 2 issues but I'm kind of not happy w/ the cranking sound that activate the ABS system after a long stop.
  • I have the power seat so I can't say about the hardness of the regular but our seats are fine. The windshield wipers don't hit anything on mine, maybe they need to be adjusted?
  • vgvgvgvg Posts: 12
    I just took delivery of a 2010 Altima 3.5 with the pricey upgrade packages, leather, and yes, the seats are very hard!
    I just came from a 2002 Maxima, and as much as the Altima is trying to be like Maxi, she just can't fill her shoes!
    The seats are so hard, I am going to have to use a cushion.
    On the plus side, performance rocks!
    I hear exactly what you are saying! test drove a 2010 Altima 2.5SL and 2010 Maxima SV with tech last year and while the Altima had a little bit more interior room to it, I went with the Maxima; they are both different vehicles with very different feel to them and the Maxima's seats, especially the fronts were so much more comfortable then the Altima's, plus I have a back problem and needed the front power passenger seat! something Nissan needs to seriously add to the SL and SR trim levels to the Altima!
  • shellbshellb Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2010 3.5SR coupe on Saturday. When I first accelerate, I hear a one-time "thunk" sound coming from the front of the car - it's not the auto locks - definitely coming from the wheel or other front area. Is this something you have heard, or might be like the cranking sound of the ABS system that you mentioned?

Thank you!
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    Yes, I think that's the same sound. When I tried to ask the the service people at the dealer in late Jan., they told me it's the ABS sound even before I told them the whole thing.
  • amykat1amykat1 Posts: 2
    First of all, I'd like to say thanks to those who have mentioned the cranking sound...the service dept told me it was the ABS but I had a hard time believing it until I read here that people experience the same thing=)

We have the 2.5SL and love it! We got the premium radio system however we are wondering if there was any way we could change the presets so we could get more than 12 XM channels (we don't need as many FM/AM presets as we don't listen to them as often). Our salesman said he thought we could reprogram it but wasn't quite sure how to go about getting it done. Anyone have success in trying this? (I've looked in the manual but it doesn't seem as though it's as helpful as it is for the nav system radio=( ).
  • emc17emc17 Posts: 26
    I have had a 2.5SL with navigation for over a month. Every time the car goes over an imperfection on the pavement I hear a cracking plastic noise coming from the dashboard around the screen. Does anyone has experience this? Is annoying. Otherwise, the car is very quiet. Thank you.
  • xncmanxncman Posts: 2
    i also have 3.5sr and burn only regular..has 6k miles..and no issues...
  • Anyone have any thoughts on this? It's actually pressing on my nerve in the back of my leg above my knee. Tried a cushion, but really didnt work. Test drove and it was fine. Can I reupolster the front of the seat where the edge is without it affecting the heating element?