Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Nissan Altima

13»

Comments

• Family member bought a 2010 recently. It is too bad Nissan didn't take the time to modernize the center stack at all. It certainly is form over function, but at least it's easy to use and not some button fest like the Accord.

I also wish that at least the 3rd brake light was LED and that there was a handle on the inside for the trunk so you don't get fingerprints or fingers dirty closing the trunk. Small things that add up.
  • Yes this car has super hard driver/front passenger seats. I am getting a seat cushion but may have to have seat bottom reupholstered. W,T,F Nissan!!!
    Nissan did do a great job on the rest of the car though. It is quiet, and smooth riding with a very sporty handling and nice tight, precise steering. The 2.5 4 cylinder is the best compromise between fuel economy and power I have driven. I am now sold on the CVT transmission. It is smoother and faster to adjust gear ratios then any 4/5/6 speed tranny. I find the car to be fast and fun to drive, when your but isn't hurting.
    Oh yeah, the foot actuated parking brake sucks. Anyone know what Nissan did to the CA legal Altima that makes it 5HP less then the 50 State Altima?
  • I recently purchased a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S. I only have 500 miles on it but notice when the car is full until ¾ a tank I here a sloshing noise that results in a knocking sound when slowing down, backing up, etc in the rear of the vehicle. The sound seems to be the fuel moving around the tank, but it is quite loud, and usually results in a few knocking sounds each time I hear it. I do not even need to be traveling at high speeds to hear this noise. I have never heard anything like this on a vehicle and was wondering if anybody has had any similar experiences. I took it to the dealer and they hear the noise, but according to them it is common in the 2010 Altimas. Any thoughts or suggestions? It only seems to occur until about ¾ tank, but it is loud and alarming!
  • Anybody know how to access the headlights on a 2010 Altima? I just bought HID Lights for it but cannot access the headlight bulbs.
  • I have been hearing the same noise as you. It's very frustrating as we've only had the car since March. I also hear a shaking noise within the glove box door. I don't know if it's worth bringing these items up to service when I go in for maintenance in a couple of weeks.
  • I have around 4K miles on my 2010 2.5S Altima. I wanted to get some feedback/opinions from other Altima owners. So far the car has been great.

Is the 2010 better then the 2007-2009? How accurate is the onboard MPG calculator? When driving on the highway, the VDC light turns on sometimes, why does this happen?

Thanks
  • Does anyone know of a good air intake for a 2010 alitma 3.5 v6 ????? any input would be great
  • naltima2010naltima2010 Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    Ok, I'm having some difficulty (read I called NISSAN Navigation Dep't) to no avail...

In the navigation manual it says there is a feature where the navigation can repeat a direction that was given while driving. It says "Touch the VOICE key". I have looked everywhere and can not locate it. There must be an option to repeat a driving direction while driving if its in the manual and is in the 2009 and 2011 manuals.

Can anyone help figure out this feature??

This is the exact wording from Chapter 10, Page 13 in the manual (2010, 2011) on same pages:
    REPEATING VOICE GUIDANCE
    This function is available throughout route
    guidance, from the time after the route calculation
    is completed until the vehicle arrives at the
    destination.
    Touch the “Voice” key.
    Voice guidance will be repeated.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    Believe it might be on the left side of the steering wheel.
    Z
  • I've tried that but that brings up the voice recognition system. It does not repeat the direction.
  • I have a 2010 Altima that feels like it suddenly slips or slides to the side. It’s only for a few seconds, but it’s definitely noticeable, Had the tires checked and they are fine. The Altima dealership thinks I’m nuts. Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve only had the car for a few months and the sensation is very unnerving.
  • hen you say slip to the side, do you mean the whole car? That's pretty scary.
    Does it happen arbitrarily?
  • It seems to be arbitrary. It slips about a 1/2 foot to the side. And yes - it's scary!
  • Did the Nissan Mechanic check out the car?
  • One of them looked at the tires and didn't find anything. He seemed to suggest that since it's a new car for me (I've only had it since August) that I just am not used to the way it handles - not true! I've been driving for a long time and have driven all kinds of cars, and I am not imagining this problem. I suppose I should get it checked. I'm just disgusted that I have to go through this with a new car.
  • indykatindykat Posts: 1
    I had the same problem running down the interstate at 80 miles an hour and the VDC light came on and the 2010 Altima died. Had to have towed to the dealer who said it was a IDEP and they replaced it and it was fixed. NOT.... drove it all of 1 day same thing happened again. Anyone else have this problem?
13»