Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2005+ Tacoma with RUSTY FRAME

124»

Comments

• kanman151kanman151 Posts: 1

I've been reading this thread for quite a while (just joined today to post this) and appreciate the info it has provided. I have a 2005 Taco quad cab TRD 87,000 miles with serious frame rust issues. I received a recall notice from Toyota last week. Today was my appointment, and to my amazement Toyota is replacing my frame. Apparently it is still safe to drive but they found perforations. The parts are currently on order and should come in 12-16 weeks from now. I bought this truck and 2007 and have been living with this rust issue for a long time. I'm glad Toyota has decided to do the right thing. For any of you out there with the same issue you should inquire again with TOA about your rusty frame.... Good luck.

• kanman151 said:

I've been reading this thread for quite a while (just joined today to post this) and appreciate the info it has provided. I have a 2005 Taco quad cab TRD 87,000 miles with serious frame rust issues. I received a recall notice from Toyota last week. Today was my appointment, and to my amazement Toyota is replacing my frame. Apparently it is still safe to drive but they found perforations. The parts are currently on order and should come in 12-16 weeks from now. I bought this truck and 2007 and have been living with this rust issue for a long time. I'm glad Toyota has decided to do the right thing. For any of you out there with the same issue you should inquire again with TOA about your rusty frame.... Good luck.

how did the replacement go? i just got my recall notice and my dad is dealing with the corporate office on his that he was forced to trade in 2 years ago due to his frame.
124»