Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Prius - Next Generation

191011121315»

Comments

• jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,263
    Took my covers off as well. Filled the hole with a 1.5 inch fuse box plug for 95 cents each. Painted them blue -- really like the look.
  • jhinscjhinsc Posts: 397
    I have found the EV mode is only good up to 25 mph with a light foot. If you push for more speed, it will switch out of EV mode assuming that you want more power. I have coaxed my Prius up to 42 mph in ECO mode on electric only with a light foot. Go figure. EV mode won't work until the engine is warmed up. I too have long driveway and would like to use EV mode until I get to the street, but the engine turns on by the time I back out of the garage. Thankfully the engine warms up quickly and by the time I get to the exit gate for my community, the engine shuts off.
  • volkovvolkov Posts: 1,302
    And I thought I was the only one. I was somewhat shocked to find alloy wheels behing those cheap covers. Not the most attractive rims, ok, but better clean than the cheap wheel cover look. Why did they bother? I could understand if they were full covers to remove drag, but that's not the case.
  • biomanbioman Posts: 172
    I know what you mean about "tough decision". I went from an 1999 Explorer, in great shape, to the Prius. The hatchback does allow me to carry lots of stuff that would fit in the Explorer, but there are limits. I think about those limits each time I put gas in the Prius and I look at my credit card receipt. The limits just fade away. I still have access to the Explorer because I sold it to my neighbor who is using it for one of his kids.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,263
    The wheel covers are there to minimize drag. The engineers try to save 1/10 of a gallon.