Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Toyota Corolla

Comments

• dvd0060dvd0060 Posts: 8
    Keep looking....that's waaaaay too high!!
  • Thanks for the advice. Others have told me the same thing. Since I don't need to find a car right away, I'm now going to take my time and get some additional quotes. As was mentioned earlier, once the C4C is history, maybe there'll be some new cash rebates offered. Regardless, I will end up with a good deal.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    Ok, LE with standard stock radio, nothing fancy.

Periodically I get a "beeping" tone (3 times in fairly rapid succession) which comes over the radio. Thought it was the station, but it does it on various AM stations at random times. Anyone experience a similar event?
  • fist52fist52 Posts: 1
    I have a problem. Small lights - not head lights, not parking lights are always on day and nite. I do not know if there is a special switch to turn them off or if I have an electrical problem that is keeping these lights on - I do not know if these small lights next to the head lights are called fog lights or not but why are they always on? Help.
    Thanks.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,692
    They are called "daytime running lights" or DRLs and they are on all the time for safety reasons, so others can see you better. Your owner's manual should explain how to turn them off, if that is possible (it is on some cars, not on others).
  • terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,017
    Daytime running lights. I don't think you can turn them off on the newer Corollas' and why would you want to? They have been documented to improve safety dramatically by reducing daytime automobile accidents by 10%.
  • mnfmnf Posts: 404
    On my 2004 Subaru Forester is was just a plug took 15 seconds to unplug. I looked on my Corolla but could not find the relay switch. Yes its good for safety but i also would like the option and control my own car and not have big brother decide for me.

If you find a solution let me know

Thanks
    MNF
    After reading your post I had to search again here is a solution. The only issue i have is it will also disable your auto headlights off also.

http://www.lightsout.org/disable.html#Toyota

MNF
  • zin22zin22 Posts: 15
    This price just does not sound real but I believe you I just mean to say that @ $15,156 that puts you @ 13% below invoice WITHOUT DEDUCTING YOUR $500.00 REBATE. Normal Toyota invoice is 8%-ish. My question is why is nobody else selling 2010's for that same price? Is your deal on a 2009 perhaps? I have a friend that runs a Toyota dealership and on a $18190 "S" I can get it for $16,900 which he says is invoice. I think if you charge cost on the options on this vehicle and not retail price you would be @ $16,740 but pretty close to sticker invoice anyway. I have no idea what real invoice is but I have seen people figuring it out but it still ends up to about 8%.
  • I got quotes on two models, the LE and S, before deciding on the "S"

The LE had a Toyota msrp sticker of $17,950 and I could buy it for $15,156 plus $298 dealer fee and tax, title and tags. This price included the $500 rebate which expired 8/3/09.

The "S" that I bought had a Toyota msrp sticker of $18,705 and I bought it for $16,100 plus the $298 dealer fee, plus tax,title,tags and I got 0% financing for 36 months. The $500 rebate went to the dealer.

I realize that it is below what Edmunds says dealer cost is, but that's the deal I got at Boch Toyota South in S.Attleboro, Mass. I did not have to haggle, they gave me these prices over the internet.
    Okay so you paid approxiamately $16,900 plus tax and tags out the door for your "S". That's a fair price for both and not really such of an extreme of a great deal. Enjoy!
  • $16,100 plus $298 = $16,398 plus TTL, not $16,900
    I think I got a good deal, that's all that counts!
    Hey !! You got a great deal congrats.... I wish I could get that deal ... No haggling or anything sweet. ENJOY!!
    No, $16,900.00. You said your $500.00 rebate went to the dealer so you paid that also!!!!!!! Like I said a fair deal for both of you.
    And why do you think you can't get a fair deal like this? Just ask!
  • Why do you think I paid $500 for the rebate? Don't you get it? I paid $16398 period. The rebate went to the dealer not me. If it went to me then I would have paid $16898 and would have to wait for the $500 which would still net me $16398! Either way I paid $16398. Plus I got 0% for 36 mos. The car had a toyota msrp of $18705.
  • I gave you the dealers name, all you have to do is go to their website, pick a car and email the internet sales and you can get a similar deal too. Their slogan is "our costs are less, so we can sell for less" and they can!
    Well I figured I would email your dealer and check it out and this is what they quoted anyway.

Thank you for your inquiry! I have one red left in stock with an MSRP of $18,439, your price on this will be $17,393. I can secure you an incoming unit with the MSRP of $17,950 as requested for a price of $17,059.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Inventory on these vehicles is extremely low in the region and they are moving fast. I can only honor this pricing for 48 hours due to the rising demand, however if you wish I can secure a vehicle and this price with a credit card deposit.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

nobody was giving me any deal you were lucky .
  • I just looked at www.bochtoyotasouth.com and they have 34 corolla's in stock. You must have gone to the wrong site??
  • My daughter just graduated college and we did all our homework and narrowed our search for a new car to the Hyundai Elantra SE and the Toyota Corolla LE. We used Edmunds and these forums which are a great help! We shopped last weekend and have been going back and forth with three dealers this week. First, we only found ONE Hyundai Elantra SE in all of Indianapolis and the dealer would not negotiate. We found only a FEW 2010 Toyota Corollas, SE model, no sunroof. We found our best deal at Andy Mohr Toyota in Avon, $18,200 sticker, $17,000 PLUS Tax, (7%) Title, Docs, etc. Out the door price of $18,420. She would qualify for the 0.0% financing and $1,000 new graduate rebate which would make it $17,420. The dealers here have VERY few in inventory and we have been to 6 Toyota Dealerships! VERY little negotiation and the %0.0 financing and student rebate end this Tuesday, September 8. Any ideas? Also, why is it so difficult dealing with a car salesperson? It is so juvenile the "tricks" they play? (also posted in price for new toyota corolla)
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667
    Due to the cash for clunkers, car dealers have very low inventories, so a lot of them are charging more $. I think I saw that the Corolla was the top seller in the cash for clunkers deals. So it is a little harder than normal to work with salespeople. Keep in mind that the 0% ends Tuesday, but they may or may not have on Wednesday. Like all makers, Toyota keeps this info quiet until Wednesday the 8th, when new incentives come out. The incentives could be better on the 8th, or worse - it is a gamble. Your price with the student rebate (which they normally run every month) seems reasonable, considering the current environment.
    Thats 15% off msrp another great deal ... Any rebates included in this ?Bochtoyota is the place to buy toyotas thats for sure nobody else is getting these deals.
    As I said earlier invoice is 8-9% off msrp depending on options but 13-15% is unheard of.Wish I was closer. :(
    :shades:
    GREAT DEAL !!! Did you take the $500.00 rebate or the 0% interest?
    Enjoy your new ride the red looks sharp.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,640
    Please knock it off...it's so hard to read and it is actually yelling in computer speak. And I think by the 7th identical post...we get it!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

Because it was YOUR $500.00 from YOUR rebate but you gave it to the dealer so you actually paid that $500.00. Really shouldn't be that hard to understand. It was still a fair deal for you and your dealer. Enjoy !
  • The dealer gave me the $500 rebate up front so I didn't have to wait for it, he has to wait for it. With the $500 off, I paid 16398 net. I didn't pay for a rebate, I got it up front. Really shouldn't be that hard to understand.
    I think what really matters here is that you got a fair deal on a car you really enjoy. The bottom line is what counts and not how you got there. But what the dealer really did was gave you his best price and then told you he was going to take your $500.00 rebate off this price and then just keep it. In reality his best price for your car was the price quoted after the rebate. The rebate was his bonus. When negotiating to purchase a new car the first thing to do is to throw MSRP out the window as they don't reflect much of anything. Start with what the dealer is actually paying for your car and the options you want. This is easily determined on sites like Edmunds.com. Add a holding, advertising and destination charge on to this dealer cost, if applicable to your area. Add you sales taxes and tags on. Allow the dealer to make about a $300.00/$400.00 profit. And you and he have a fair price. Rebates should be kept out of the negotiating process all together. The rebate should be yours directly from the manufacturer to you, not the dealer.
    Enjoy!
    You either get the $500.00 rebate or the 0% interest you don't get both correct? So in his case he took the 0% which means there is no $500.00 rebate going anywhere as far as I can see. The rebates are offered to buyers and he chose the 0% so the dealer doesn't get that rebate does he?
    Your correct, that's the way it's supposed to be. The buyer said there was a rebate involved though.