Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Venza Accessories

Has anyone purchased any custom-fit rubber mats for Venza ? I've done some search on the web. Seems like there are Husky Liner and Weathertech brands ? Has anyone had some experience to share about these products ? How are they compared to the original Toyota winter mats for Venza ?

I am thinking how nice it will be if I can get a set of custom-fit mats for my new Venza so that I can keep the dirts and snow captured and cleaned up more easily.

Any good online stores or retails in Vancouver area of Canada to recommend ?

Comments

• I bought Weathertech for my Highlander in '05 and it has been a good product. After I purchase my new Venza I will also send off for Weathertech mats. I think some Toyota dealers carry them but you can probably go online and get them sent to you cheaper. It would be good if the floor mats were black to match the Venza carpet but the back tray mat was the color of the interior. Probably too much to ask??
  • bbtingbbting Posts: 9
    Has anyone put some vinyl protection product like ArmorAll or Black Magic on the Venza dash and vinyl sides to protect them from UV and cracking ?

As for the leather package, does anyone know which part is genuine leather and which part is not ? Any good leather product to protect it from UV, to clean and nourish. Is Armoall leather care gel good enough ?
  • qs933qs933 Posts: 302
    I've used 303 Aerospace Protectant on my previous vehicles and will continue to use it on my Venza. It's not greasy and gives surfaces a clean -- but not artificially shiny -- appearance.
  • It was protecting the top only but not the EDGE of the bumper compare to other bumper protectors.

The bumper will still get scratch if you are not careful.
  • Does anyone know what the part number is and where to buy the special wrench that is required to change the oil filter on the 2009 Venza?
  • david_k1david_k1 Posts: 39
    Hello -
    We just ordered our Venza and when it gets here we want to take our dog along...

Anyone know where I can get a pet barrier - the tubular steel kind??
    I found ONE on the weathertech site, anyone have experiance with it - Does it FIT OK in the Venza???

Thanks -
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 30
    I'm in the market for one also. Check out this site
    DrsFosterSmith.com
    They sell everything for animals There out of Rhinelander, Wi
    I believe Toyota has one
    Deepsouth...

I did find a cheaper version of a pet barrier that has an angled lower bar support so that there can be some recline to the back seats at "Discount Ramps .com" -
    I still have not seen any barriers listed by Toyota.com...

Also, I am seeing some Southeast Toyota cars are coming with Mud Flaps. Besides E-Bay, anyone seen a supplier for these - much less a picture of a Venza wearing them??

Best
  • I have had my new Venza for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I am looking to install a tow hitch on back for the main purpose of attaching a bike rack but I also want to be able to hook up a trailor to transport misc items. I did buy a car with the tow prep package on it just in case I ever wanted to tow something heavy. Has anyone installed a hitch to their car yet? What do I look for in a hitch? Any ideas out there?
  • linersliners Posts: 19
    Go to etrailer.com. You will find everything that you need. I purchased a class three hitch six weeks ago and it fit just right.
  • halwickhalwick Posts: 45
    1. Is it possible...or even feasible to retrofit the car with Toyota factory backup camera and display specific for the Venza ordered through the parts department? As an alternate to the LCD display, use the RAV4's combination rearview mirror/backup camera display?

2. What about side mouldings? Car looks bland without some kind of accent. Does the parts department list such items as a factory item?

3. Any recommended car seat covers that looks as close in appearance to the cloth seats?

4. Recommended external GPS Navigator, i.e., Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, etc., with features comparable or better to the indash Toyota Navigator? Which brand is better in terms of quality, features, ease of use?

Thanks,
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,129
    Garmin seems to be the leader among the portable devices available in the US. Check the Navigation GPS Systems discussion for recommendations.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• verndogverndog Posts: 6
    I too am a new owner looking at adding a hitch. The dealer said Toyota doesn't make one yet (strange since they sell a "tow package)...but has anyone seen this type posted on etrailer.com (draw tight). Reason I'm asking...I wont use it alot, and if it's poorly concealed then I may opt for a custom locally that doesn't distract from the looks of the car. Also, I haven't looked yet..but does the tow package include a wiring harness under back of bumper somewhere?

Thanks...BTW this Venza is sweet!
  • linersliners Posts: 19
    My hitch from etrailer.com is the same hitch that comes from the Southeast region in Jacksonville, FL . It is as concealed as it can be and no worse than any other class III hitch on any other SUV/crossover. There is no wiring harness with the tow package. A harness comes with the hitch from etrailer.
    Does anyone know where I can buy a real nice chrome or Golden Umber rear car tag frame for my Venza.? I dont want one made out of aluminum or plastic.
  • Check out www.autoattire.com
    Can anyone recommend quality cloth front and rear seat covers specifically designed for the Venza? Are leather seat covers worth it? Those ivory-colored cloth seats are gonna get dirty real quick.

Ditto for dash cover.

Thanks,
    Hal
  • stanaka1stanaka1 Posts: 1
    wouldn't a seat cover interfere with the side air bags? i believe they're installed in the seat bolsters.
    Thanks That is exactly what I was looking for but could not find. What do you have on your Venza and what color??
    Mine is Golden Umber Mica-Package 2 with heated seats,push button start,back up camera, V6FWD,MSRP $38111- paid 33500before tax Nav- Panoramic Roof- Tow Prep - Black Splashgaurds- Carpet mats and trunk mat- Toyogaurd Plus-
    Are you sure the side air bags are installed in the seat bolsters? I thought I saw side air bag labels located on the inside of the door frame pillar near the windshield or near the seat belt harness.

If seat covers can't be used, how do you protect or keep clean those ivory-colored seats....besides not sitting on them. ;)
  • macpromacpro Posts: 52
    Earlier this week I purchased a hitch (Draw-Tite) from etrailer.com Installation was not too bad as long as you have the right tools and time.

I then purchased a hitch-rack (Yakima Hold-Up) from REI to haul our mountain bikes to the trails.

Very pleased with how easy it is to load and unload the bikes. Hitch-rack advantages:

(1) Pull into the garage / drive-thru. You cant' do that with a roof rack, unless you remove the bikes first.

(2) Very easy and quick to load and unload.

(3) Nothing actually touches the vehicle, unlike roof racks.
    I had my rear bumper protector installed (ordered with the vehicle, but wasn't available when I picked it up). While doing that, I noticed that the Venzas on the lot had a front license plate bracket. My Venza didn't come with the bracket, so my front license plate was angled out (due to the shape of the bumper). I meant to look at an auto parts store for some sort of mounting plate that would allow the plate to hang straight vertically, but never got around to it.

Apparently, the bracket wasn't available back in February. I asked to have a bracket installed and they did it when they installed the rear bumper protector.

Yes, it's a tiny detail, but it makes the front look a lot nicer than just the bare plate. I'm glad Toyota has the bracket for those of us who live in states with a front plate requirement. :)
  • md_outbackmd_outback Posts: 185
    Hey macpro,
    Sounds like a pretty straight-forward alternative to a roof rack. Can you provide any photos? Thanks.

MD
  • darowdarow Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen a Sunset Bronze Mica Venza? I cannot find one is Southeast Florida. Darow
    Where is your dealership located? I'm in Los Angeles, CA (where front plates are required) and I've trying to get that bracket. All the dealers say they're backordered and not available.
    I'm in Honolulu, HI. I don't know if it's a unique part for the Venza, but it is angled at the top to match the angle at the top edge of the bumper, such that the license plate is perpendicular to the ground.
    Hey - Picked our new RED Venza last night With Out a Bracket.
    Called Parts this morning -
    This is now a dealer installed OPTION!!
    Toy Part # 751010T010 (sorry, some of the zeros may "letter Os")
    It as called a "Front License Plate Bracket"
    About $35.00 - I'll pick mine up tomorrow.
    I Ordered from my local Bremerton, WA dealer and he said they are coming out the Portland, OR Regional warehouse. My guy said they showed 12 (now 11!!) in stock.
    Hope this helps anyone wanting one - halwick!!
    David
    halwick -
    See message post #28...
    I found the Bracket!!
    David
    David,

Thanks for the info.

Odd how a $30K-plus car delivered to a state (I live in CA) that mandates front license plates didn't come with the front bracket. Even the "lowly" Toyota Yaris has the bracket. I stated so to the dealer and dealer ordered it under warranty. Finally received it after two months and was installed couple days ago.

You're right, it does look better with the bracket.

Best wishes on your Red Venza.

Hal
  • jimcdencojimcdenco Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I found the License Plate Bracket here: http://www.Toyotapartsales.com It was $23.60 plus $10.49 shipping FedEx Ground for a total of $34.09 When you go to the website type in: 75101-0T010 in the search ands it will come up.

-Jim