Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Venza Accessories

Comments

• macpromacpro Posts: 52
    Earlier this week I purchased a hitch (Draw-Tite) from etrailer.com Installation was not too bad as long as you have the right tools and time.

I then purchased a hitch-rack (Yakima Hold-Up) from REI to haul our mountain bikes to the trails.

Very pleased with how easy it is to load and unload the bikes. Hitch-rack advantages:

(1) Pull into the garage / drive-thru. You cant' do that with a roof rack, unless you remove the bikes first.

(2) Very easy and quick to load and unload.

(3) Nothing actually touches the vehicle, unlike roof racks.
  • qs933qs933 Posts: 302
    I had my rear bumper protector installed (ordered with the vehicle, but wasn't available when I picked it up). While doing that, I noticed that the Venzas on the lot had a front license plate bracket. My Venza didn't come with the bracket, so my front license plate was angled out (due to the shape of the bumper). I meant to look at an auto parts store for some sort of mounting plate that would allow the plate to hang straight vertically, but never got around to it.

Apparently, the bracket wasn't available back in February. I asked to have a bracket installed and they did it when they installed the rear bumper protector.

Yes, it's a tiny detail, but it makes the front look a lot nicer than just the bare plate. I'm glad Toyota has the bracket for those of us who live in states with a front plate requirement. :)
  • md_outbackmd_outback Posts: 185
    Hey macpro,
    Sounds like a pretty straight-forward alternative to a roof rack. Can you provide any photos? Thanks.

MD
  • darowdarow Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen a Sunset Bronze Mica Venza? I cannot find one is Southeast Florida. Darow
  • halwickhalwick Posts: 45
    Where is your dealership located? I'm in Los Angeles, CA (where front plates are required) and I've trying to get that bracket. All the dealers say they're backordered and not available.
  • qs933qs933 Posts: 302
    I'm in Honolulu, HI. I don't know if it's a unique part for the Venza, but it is angled at the top to match the angle at the top edge of the bumper, such that the license plate is perpendicular to the ground.
  • david_k1david_k1 Posts: 39
    Hey - Picked our new RED Venza last night With Out a Bracket.
    Called Parts this morning -
    This is now a dealer installed OPTION!!
    Toy Part # 751010T010 (sorry, some of the zeros may "letter Os")
    It as called a "Front License Plate Bracket"
    About $35.00 - I'll pick mine up tomorrow.
    I Ordered from my local Bremerton, WA dealer and he said they are coming out the Portland, OR Regional warehouse. My guy said they showed 12 (now 11!!) in stock.
    Hope this helps anyone wanting one - halwick!!
    David
    halwick -
    See message post #28...
    I found the Bracket!!
    David
  • halwickhalwick Posts: 45
    David,

Thanks for the info.

Odd how a $30K-plus car delivered to a state (I live in CA) that mandates front license plates didn't come with the front bracket. Even the "lowly" Toyota Yaris has the bracket. I stated so to the dealer and dealer ordered it under warranty. Finally received it after two months and was installed couple days ago.

You're right, it does look better with the bracket.

Best wishes on your Red Venza.

Hal
  • jimcdencojimcdenco Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I found the License Plate Bracket here: http://www.Toyotapartsales.com It was $23.60 plus $10.49 shipping FedEx Ground for a total of $34.09 When you go to the website type in: 75101-0T010 in the search ands it will come up.

-Jim
  • robertag1robertag1 Posts: 1
    Has anyone used the Yakima roof rack on a Venza with the sunroof? Their web site says they have a rack specifically for the Venza, but doesn't mention anything about the sunroof.
  • Hello, I was wondering how it looks and if you installed it yourself?
  • dose anyone have a pic of the hitch that was installed ?
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    You are correct about the part # but I wonder if the bracket is in reality for the Venza or is it from another model (maybe the Camry) and it so happens that it also fits the Venza. The reason I say this is because when you try to put the years and model I noticed that the year goes no higher than 2008 and the Venza is not listed either...thanks for your help and let us know how is the fit..good luck
    SVOFAN 2-
    I think the bracket IS Venza specific. It fits the contour of the front bumper fascia PERFECTLY. I was going to take a photo but am waiting for my plates to come in as the part is installed WITH the plate.
    Hope this helps -
    David
  • jimcdencojimcdenco Posts: 2
    Yes, mine fits perfectly also. Can't tell if it is for the Venza specifically or not, but it sure is a great fit. I'm very pleased with it. Also of note, when I ordered it I received an email about 3 days after telling me it wasn't in stock and it would be 2 weeks to get and did I still want to go ahead with the order. I said yes, but it came 5 days after that. So I didn't have to wait 2 weeks.
  • Can 1 of you please post a picture so i can see it. I just ordered my Venza and in 8 weeks ill need this to. Thanks
  • orderd one from e-hitch on monday , came on wed, i installed it that night ( about 1 1/2 hours) by myself, and it looks great. still have to wire in the lights, mabe tomorrow. i will post a pic soon.
  • md_outbackmd_outback Posts: 185
    Hey dmorrison76,
    What brand of hitch did you buy? I'm still undecided between Draw-Tite, Curt and Hidden-Hitch. All seem to be about the same with slight price differences. Thanks.

MD
  • the Draw-Tite , its looks like the factory installed it.