Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Acura TSX

Comments

• heatstrokeheatstroke Posts: 4
    After months of searching for a new car, I really see no better value than the TSX. However, these stories of engine pinging scare me. Has anyone heard from a credible source that the pinging has been addressed for the 2010 models?
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    The Nav system will get a new screen that is more resistant to glare.

2010 TSX Pricing
    Last but not least, Acura has set the pricing for the 2010 TSX.
    2010 TSX (2.4L 5AT/6MT) - $29,310*
    2010 TSX Tech (2.4L 5AT/6MT) - $32,410*
    2010 TSX V6 (3.5L 5AT) - $34,850*
    2010 TSX V6 Tech (3.5L 5AT) - $37,950*

The 2010 TSX is out right now but it's a rolling release. That means vehicles are shipped as soon as they're built. Add $810 for the Destination charge. With the rolling release not all dealers will have them on 6.2.09. Some might get them later and some might get them earlier. Hope this helps.
  • Thanks for the wealth of information. In my opinion, those prices are too high for the v6 model. I was counting on the v6 since I thought it might not have engine pinging problems. Oh well. Thanks again. I'll have to bargain hard ;-)
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    WOW!!

Those are some steep pricing.

I would assume the V6 would have been a $2,000 option. As it is with the Accord. Granted, you do get the big rims, and maybe a few other small features. But, $37k for a V6 TSX? You have got to be kidding. No way. Sorry. They may burn themselves on this. As, why in the world would one get the TL, when you can get the whole bang on the TSX in a tidier package.

The pricing, might push them off the map a bit. I hope your not making a bad move Acura, now is not the time to play games!!! :surprise:
  • kennynmdkennynmd Posts: 424
    Acura has got to be kidding themselves. These prices are ridiculous. I was going to wait and look/test drive the 2010 but not now!
  • casdmgcasdmg Posts: 11
    Other than the V6 what are the other differences between the model years?
    I think you do get bigger rims, and perhaps a new feature here and there, but I still cannot justify paying the premium for the V6. The Accord has either $2k for the navigation or $2k for the V6 options. $4,000 for both. The engine is pretty much like any other V6 Honda engine. That is a pretty hefty price for the upgrade.

The 4cyl with Navi offers more bang for the buck. However offering a Turbo on the 4cyl engine would be something I get! Add more torque, similar mileage. Perhaps cost less, but might have more issues later though. But, don't they already have turbo on the SUV? So just add that option to the TSX. The its less weight, torquey little thing... I would move on that!

If you wanted a V6, I would get the Accord. Not the tsx, though the TSX has a more modern, techno look to it, less family sedan looking.
  • mugengsrmugengsr Posts: 12
    For those considering a TSX V-6, go get a G37 AWD (328 hp) with the sport package. My wife got one for 35K, the MSRP was 41K. The dealer even threw in the spoiler for free. Acura screwed up on this one.
  • acurasacuras Posts: 14
    Lipstick on pig, really. They bring a fuel guzzler instead of the promised 2.2L diesel. Diesel is about 30% cheaper than premium gas right now and will remain so with the addition of new diesel capacity in North America. It makes no matter, I kept my 6 speed 04 TSX for my son and bought an Audi as my daily driver.

Acura has been very successful at conquests - for other companies, with Audi and Infiniti as the main beneficiaries. Acura is soooooooo lost.

The Acura grille reminds me of fishing - put the largest, shiniest lure down to catch the stupid fish. Huggy Bear would be proud.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    no 6MT with the tsx V-6=no sale. Since I am very pleased with my 06 6MT tsx, bought new 11/17/06, I plan on buying another acura in March/April 2010. My tsx now has 85,000+problem free miles. Right now I am leaning towards the 2010 TL sh-awd 6MT.
  • glenski01glenski01 Posts: 40
    Other than 6 cyl Avail:

Me too, whats new for 2010 TSX, if anything? if going for th TSX, would rather have the 4 cyl, but would like to know of any changes from 2009 to 2010. Would really love it if the weird overassisted steering went away. :cry:
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,692
    We hadn't planned on buying a new car until July 2010 when the lease on my wife's 2007 BMW X3 3.0si is up. Alas the government's Cash for Clunkers has peaked my interest. According to the EPA's website, they are going to give me a $3500 credit towards a new car if I give them my 1990 E30 BMW 325iA. The 3 series is too small (Wife, myself, 3 year old, & 3 month old) & the 5 series doesn't meet the EPA's requirements to receive the tax credit (new vehicle must get at least 22 mpg combined), the G37 sedan doesn't meet the fuel economy requirements, so I'm probably going to end up looking at a Passat, an Accord Ex-L V6 NAV, & a TSX V6 Tech.

I know the Accord is a "nice" car and know it will run forever and 2 days (my 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH which I purchased new in April 2002 currently has 112,500+ miles & counting), but doesn't do it for me as far as the driving experience goes.

We almost leased the Passat instead of our X3 2 years ago, but for an extra $25 per month, I got a $40K+ BMW instead of a $28K VW (no offense to the VW, but the X3 is quite an awesome vehicle).

The TSX V6 came up on my radar. I just wonder what the EPA's fuel economy combined numbers are. They have to be at least 22mpg (a 4cyl auto TSX is 25, same as a V6 Accord). Second I'm curious to see if our double stroller fits in the trunk with some room to spare.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• fedlawmanfedlawman Posts: 3,118
    And here I thought we had you converted to the E30 cult. Ironic, I sold a TSX to buy my first E30... :)

Still, $3500 is a heck of a nice little profit, IIRC.
    Actually it would be if I had not dumped some money into the car to get it roadworthy (radiator, alignment, new tires, diagnostic, state inspection, registration, insurance...), the $3500 would be a nice profit. I'm probably going to break even.

Like I said, I really wanted an E60 5er, but it doesn't meet the EPA's fuel economy requirements for the program.

So, I guess an H2 is out of the question as well? :blush:

Good luck with whatever you decide. Knowing you, I'm sure you'll make a good choice.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    I not 100% sure but I thought the vehicle had to be 25 years old or older.
    LOL H2! I also read the car has to have an MSRP of under $45K, so the E60 is OUT for sure!

it is actually the opposite. The vehicle can be no more than 25 years old.

Too bad you'll be giving up the E30. Maybe you can find another one when your lifestyle is better suited to owing (and loving) one.
    It is definitely a sign, as they say. Back in February, it had A LOT of trouble passing NY State Inspection. My general mechanic (who's not a BMW expert, but someone I trust) told me the car was spewing out a lot of black smoke & he didn't like the way the connecting rods sounded. He told me to either look for another engine, or be prepared to spend lots of time & money because once you open the engine up you've got to start replacing everything. I haven't driven the car since.

I'm more informed now. I'd do more research & have a mechnic check out the car before I buy it next time. We might not have this conversation if I had bought a $3,000 - $4000 E30 to begin with. I guess I had this romantic fantasy thatI'd tell my kids one day "I bought this car for only $950..." you know how the rest of the story goes.

• radar6radar6 Posts: 28
    Just sold my 2006 Honda Accord over the weekend . Wife and I now in market for new car. Was looking at Acura TSX . Acura now has prices for V-6 posted its a 5000.00 dollar premium for the V-6.over 4CYL version. I think that's about 3000.00 on the high side. I think that when supply catches up with demand they will have trouble moving them. We will look at 4CYL version.
    Yes, see! I think they might have put them off the map a bit on the V6 model. It is making those the would normally upgrade to the V6 or an option, think before buying it. Its too big of an expense.. To me, the 4cyl will suffice. I honestly think you'll still enjoy the car just as much. Its not a V6, but you are getting a nice car!

Perhaps, this was their plan? Too limit the amount of V6's out, as it would go right in the TL territory. Making the 4cyl still very attractive. Some will still opt for it, but we will know they paid way too much for it. Not when I can get a loaded Accord, and still lease it for slightly under $400. Its not a TSX, but its still an Accord, both are.
  • pacinpelopacinpelo Posts: 142
    No doubt that Acura has blown the TSX V6 out of the market with the $5500 premium over the TSX I4. I was expecting the TSX V6 Tech to come in at that mark, assuming about a $2500 mark up on the TSX V6 w/o tech....now the TSX V6 Tech comes in at a whopping $37 large !

According to the first test run it isn't even that great a drive (Motor Trend) for the dollars over the 4 cyl.
    Come around full circle. When I first started my research to use my 1990 E30 325i as a "Cash for Clunkers" credit, I wanted to look at a MINI Clubman S & the new 2010 VW GTI as a 2nd car for myself to supplement my '01 Prelude Type SH (113,000 miles). Drive the new car a few days a week, then drive the Prelude a few.

Then I said to myself, well maybe I should buy a car for my wife whose X3 lease is upnext July (2010). So I considered a Passat Sedan, A4 Avant, & TSX V6. Drove the A4 and was very impressed with the interior materials, the Audi Turbo 4 is smooth & quiet (very short test drive). The Audi was nice, but didn't blow me away (got back in our X3 and liked it better). Plus the rear is so raked that it barely has more cargo room than the sedan.

After driving the A4, I decided to check out the MINI & the GTI for myself. I drove the MINI yesterday & thought it was a nice car. Very fast. I looked down and realized I was going 75 in 4th gear at one point. The MINI has blind spots galore & I had to look up & under the windshield at every stoplight. The clutch takeup is very abrupt too. Great handling, great brakes, solid little car. Definitely a FWD BMW. I got back in my Prelude afterwards and just felt so much more connected to my car than the MINI. I didn't LOVE it. The sales manager came out to talk to me when I left and commented that my Prelude looks a lot nicer than some of the 3-4 year old cars that he appraises. He was even shocked when I told him the car had been hit a few times.

So I start reading up on the 4cyl TSX last night. The 4cyl you say? Well that's the only way you can get it with a 6-speed manual transmission. People simply gush about this car. The consumer reviews are ALL so positive.

I said to myself, for the past 7+ years and 113K+ miles I've been and continue to be really happy with my Prelude...Why not check it out? I know it is wrong wheel drive (front) & is very nose heavy (60/40 f/r), but the test drive shall set it free.

I walked into the dealership (Curry Acura - Scarsdale, NY) and was greeted my a salesman who immediately commented on my Prelude. Wow, nice car, you trasding that in? I told him no way (he said he'd personally buy it in a heartbeat). He said he'd be right with me, then another salesman came and asked me some questions. "Will you be looking for a car with or without navigation?"

I replied "Navigation with 6-Speed Manual Transmission." He told me they didn't have any of them in stock (shocker). He went and got the keys to a SLUSHBOX TSX & we were off.

Here's what I took away on my short test drive. Beautifully crafted interior. Very high quality materials. The center stack with the NAV controls is a little busy for my tastes, but I'll eventually figure it out. Perfectly sized steering wheel. I love the thick bolstering on the front seats. The car has a phenomenal driving position. The engine was very responsive and the steering felt very direct. The suspension transmitted a really nice amount of roadfeel (more than the MINI). The whole time I'm driving the car I'm saying to myself, this thing drives like my Prelude with 4 doors & a bigger trunk. It is the first car short of an E90 3 series (too small & too $$$ for a second car) or G37 sedan (VERY IMPRESSIVE, but doesn't meet the fuel economy requirements for me to get $3500 for my BMW & too $$$) that I really ENJOY driving.

I left the dealership thinking this is the car I'm going to buy. I just have to wait for the cheap financing to pop up & find a good dealer with an EXCELLENT service department who can get me a TSX with a 6-speed manual transmission (unless my wife decides she really likes the car, then we'll go with the 5-spd autobox).

Does anybody know if the engine is chain driven or belt driven?

Wait until you drive a 6-speed TSX. Better yet, find a left-over 2006. It's the closest thing to a modern day E30 you can get.
    As long as it is as smooth as my Prelude's 5-speed...sold! I don't think there are any leftover '06s out there in 2009 with 2010s on the lot ;)

• Nyccarguy,
    Thanks for sharing your research experience/process. I would deeply analyze the TSX forums before buying that car. I was once SOLD on the 2009 TSX 4-cyl. Although, after reading the forums, I noticed a good percentage of drivers were getting annoying engines noises and rattles that couldn't be repaired by the dealer. I personally couldn't buy a luxury-branded car knowing that it would rattle within a year - and engine pinging definitely broke the deal for me.

After much soul searching, I bought the 2010 Fore Fusion Sport model (front wheel drive version - there's AWD too). It's not as sporty (handling) as the TSX, but its fairly close for a good price. I didn't read anything about engine noises, etc. As for technology, the Microsoft Sync is a winner. I would at least try it out.

Just trying to help a fellow astute car buyer ;-)
    Does the TSX motor have counter rotating balance shafts like my Prelude does?

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad you're happy with your Fusion, it seems like a good car that gets great reviews. I see a ton of them on the road.

Very nice review of the cars! Thank you!

I am really thinking I could be totally happy with a 4cyl TSX.
This discussion has been closed.