Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Acura TSX

Comments

• gbosilgbosil Posts: 88
    Purchased a new 2010 TSX w/Tech and noticed recently when turning the steering wheel it sounds like bolts or something loose... rattling around inside my steering wheel ? ? ? Huh? I will re-post when I find out from Acura what it is ? ? :mad: Great quality control Acura!
  • I can thank this forum for saving me around $900.00. I bought a used 2004 TSX around a year ago. I noticed all along moisture in one of the headlights. It rained for a few days here in SCal(much needed).. The other night, while driving, pulled over, and noticed the right headlight was out. Checked fuses, which were fine. Took car next day to my normal independant mechanic. They called me an hour later, and quoted me $900.00 for all new parts.....The headlight was full of water, and fried it.

Around 3 months ago, I took the car to dealer to redeem a free oil change coupon, and I remember asking them, "any recalls on my car?" answer--no, without looking at computer or my VIN..

After mechanic gave me quote, I remember reading somthing here about a headlight moisture recall, called Keys Acura, and sales lady looked it up, and told me yep, they had to fix it on a recall. I had to pay my mechanic $80.00 to put ot all back together. Car is now at keys acura, to be picked up tomorrow, with one headlight to be replaced, maybe the other too. They will at least put clips on the other one, but the service guy did tell me he will try to replace that one too. They even offered me a free loaner, which I did not need. The rain did get into one of my aftermarket fog lights, and fried a connection, but I'll figure that out later...So, I guess I owe the forum $820.00,
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    I will accept cash or money order. :P
  • Just picked up car with new headlight. They put a clip on the other. Also, to my surprise, they got the fog light to work again. Gave a list of things it needs, mostly BS. Sorry, can't send the cash or money order, also got dental bill in mail today, for around $400.00.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    It would be sweet if Acura woke up and offered the TSX Wagon with cTDI and 6 apd manual AWD.

Maybe, they will wake up, one day. Honda diesel does not require urea, while most diesels out of Germany require urea, blue solution, with the price tag of gold, to be refilled on a regular basis.
  • biker4biker4 Posts: 746
    Be thankful that they offer the wagon at all. The diesel will eventually come - when Honda comes to its senses.
  • I don't much care if the TSX wagon is offered in a diesel; I'm more interested in the extra space without having to go the route of a CUV/SUV. But I'd sure like the SH-AWD on it!
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,742
    The diesel will eventually come...

Honda has basically said it's not coming. My understanding is that their urea-free system doesn't work outside the lab and further development isn't worthwhile as long as fuel prices stay low.
    The diesel works just fine - it has been in use in the Euro Accord (the TSX) and CR-V in Europe for years. The MT TSX has already passed the EPA test. The problem is not the diesel - it's the, I think, political motivations of Honda to go the hybrid route that has delayed the use of diesels.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,238
    The diesel works just fine. . .

That's what I'd heard, but it's nice to get some reinforcement. I bought my '08 TSX (manual, no nav) mostly because I thought it'd be a good vehicle to have when the diesel TSX came out -- good trade-in and all that.

Doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Sad. :sick: :cry:
    Manuals are never a good trade-in (unless it's in a sports car). At least not in North America.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,238
    Thank you for that. One learns something new every day. :D
    I'm just stating what I believe is true. No need to be sarcastic. (I apologize if I mis-read the tone of your reply, but it sounded like sarcasm.)
    Trade-in you're right - private sale no. There's definitely a sizable driver pool that is looking for an MT.
  • In doing some research I was surprised to find that both JD Powers and Delta True Reliability rated the GTI and TSX almost the same in terms of reliability. On the JD Power Initial Quality study which is the one I'm most interested in, the GTI actually edges out the TSX in a number of key areas and barely lags behind in others.

I'm not sure which surprises me most the most, that the GTI scores so high given all of VW's bad reliability press or Acura scores so low, given their Honda DNA.

Any opinions?
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    I previously owned a 05 honda civic ex-se and still own a 05 hyundai elantra GT, both bought new. The civic was a P.O.S., one annoying problem after another. Sold it and kept the elantra. Excellent no problem car after 90,000+miles. I also own a 06 tsx, bought new 11/06. It now has almost 98,000 problem free miles-love it.
  • tannistannis Posts: 9
    I really don't know where they are getting their information or on what basis they do their scoring but IMHO, the whole "initial quality" thing is just that. Initial. I don't think many people quite understand what that statement actually means. Its right off the lot quality. But after 10k miles, how is your car holding up? VW's reliability is still garbage. Just like BMW. Which still makes me wonder where in the world they get off thinking that BMWs are so great. They aren't. They break. All the freakin time. The 335i. Garbage. My buddy bought one. It been to the dealer more than he's driven it. I've done some research and found many 335 owners with the same problems. Not just squeeks... Nasty engine issues. Cooling issues. Interior pieces falling off and breaking. The fact that a standard BMW comes stripped with LeatherETTE just rubs me the wrong way too. That is not quality. It is not "refinement." It is garbage. BMW deserves no accolades for for producing the worlds most expensive POS ever built. (aside from Cadillac's Catera model)... But I digress.

Its all the same though. Initial quality is just initial. For some reason people are trying to take stabs at Acura's new approach and design. Every time designers get a bit "daring" in their vehicles' looks they get hammered for it. It is typical because the average American motorist wants their vehicle to be bland like their food. Acura stepped out of that blandness (not like they were too bland before) and introduced a vehicle line-up that is stellar. Not everyone agrees with the motor setups in each car and most think they should all be RWD. Well then that's getting away from Honda's heritage with the exception of the S2000. That car had a good reason to be RWD. Not the TSX. Not the TL.

I know this post is all over the map but forgive me as I tend to vent while I think about these things on the fly.

I was at the auto show a few weeks ago in Virginia Beach. I got to see every vehicle side by side which was great since I was on the market for a new one. I had done 7 months of research. I wanted the BEST vehicle I could find that covered everything I wanted out of it including warranty and reliability. I looked at Acura last and I couldn't walk away. I was sold on the TSX that day. Two days ago I pulled the trigger and inked a deal on a 2010 TSX. I am more than confident that I, including everyone else that purchases and Acura, essentially bought the best vehicle on the market. Initial quality is better than that of the GTI. I sat in the GTI. I hated it. The TSX? I didn't want to get out of it. I think they were biased because of the performance figures on the window sticker. The GTI with more HP and torque, a manual, and whatever else doesn't exactly fit the bill with "initial quality." Like I said, They are biased and I think VW bought out a few of the people doing the scoring to sell more cars. And everytime I hear the words "German engineering" all I can think of is seeing my buddies 335i being loaded on a flatbed and hauled off to the BMW service department. Its not a great sports car if it cant handle the rigors of 35mph roads. Gee. Really pushing it aren't I? I propose a boycott on crappy German engineering. Buy an Acura.
  • Hi Tannis...after two BMWs myself, the first 320i in 1984 and the 325e I totally concur. BMW is nothing but the Ultimate Marketing Hype.
    On a Europe trip last year we had the chance to rent both a Skoda Octavia which we loved and felt rock solid and an Audi A3 Turbo Diesel with A/T that was also a blast to drive. It left us hungering for an affordable German car. Generally reviews indicate questionable reliability and a terrible dealer network at VW but rarely question the fun factor of the car.
    I've read a mix of reviews on the TSX from the largely negative reviews at "The Truth About Cars" which were negative on the electric steering and interior design to more positive reviews on Autoblog.
    What I want to make sure of is, if I forgo German car performance for Japanese reliability, that I really get the reliability.
  • ingvaringvar Posts: 205
    I'm driving 335i and having 0 issues. I had 1 Honda and 1 Acura before and it was PITA. Tons of small issues and couple major - wrapped rotors, jammed calipers, interior lamps, failed trans and etc... My girlfriend had a civic in 1991, it was real Japanese quality with 0 issues. This days, she is driving German car and had loving it.
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    glad to hear you are enjoying your cars-Just wondering how many miles do you have on them. My 06 tsx, bought new 11/06, now has almost 98,000 problem free miles. It still has the original brakes and never no warped rotors.