Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan NX

Comments

• spnxspnx Posts: 37
    I'm repainting my car in stock superblack, same as before. Nothing special, but with no dents, and new paint, that's enough for me. I'll be *very* happy with it.

I really don't like to make my car look unusual. To the untrained eye, (an insurance appraisal agent, actually) it looks pretty much stock.

Hey, I even powdercoated the Volk TE37 rims silver, and took the stickers off. Very few people recognize them, which is good, as I live downtown, and the car sits around in plain view most of the time.
    Is run by my bud and newly-joined member to the SE-R Club of America, Yannick. He's just bought a new 2001 (2000 in the US) Sentra with the 2.0 litre SR20DE engine.

He still runs http://www.sentra.net/

I would place a classified ad there, and you'll be sure to sell it to an enthusiast who will give your car a good home :-)
  • Thanks spnx! I will definitely do that. I even considered bringing the car with me to Ireland but it's too expensive! I will always have the memories I suppose.
    Thanks for the help.
    Alan
  • quint3quint3 Posts: 20
    How is your friend's new Sentra SE? Have you driven it? Can it hold a candle to the SE-R?
    Unfortunately, he's in Montréal, and I'm in Toronto. One of these days, when I have some time off from work, I'll make the 5 hour drive. According to him, it's not bad with the sport package. However, the sportiest cars are still the 91-93 cars. That may change with the new 180 hp SE-R that comes out next year :-)

I tried to get a new Sentra as a rental while my car's being repainted, but they didn't have any. Instead, I'm driving a loaded silver Infiniti G20t, with leather, etc. Nice car, but with the extra 600-700 lbs on top of my car, it needs more power for stop and go traffic. It's amazing on the highway, and the brakes and handling are excellent. They nailed it on that one. It's like a cheap BMW, and feels like it was formed out of a solid chunk of metal.

But perhaps the 200 hp SR20DE VVL (like Vtec) engine would have been a better idea in the G, but Nissan never exports their best products. Too bad.
  • rickydrickyd Posts: 1
    This is for Alan (aka ajslattery). Back earlier this month, you were looking for a good home for your NX 2000, because you were moving to Ireland. I was wondering if you had "placed" your baby yet? If not, I'd definitely be interested. I'm located next door in CT. We can discuss this offline -- please email me at HORSERADSH@AOL.COM. Thanks!
  • I cannot believe my luck. I just read all the posts and I can't believe how many NX's have been rear ended...I just got rear ended about 5 days ago...and it was a write off...not only was my car crushed...I am as well. It is a fabulous car. It was just the 1600 but it still had a lot of pep to it. The only consolation I have is for my next car, I will upgrade to a 2000. But these cars are so few now that finding one in good condition is rare. I was lucky that mine was very well taken care of. It took me 2 and half months to even find one that was in great shape. I will definitely get another NX but it will take time. Does anyone know of someone selling their NX...in Edmonton,Alberta Canada? please let me know at pulp-diction@alberta.com.
    There was nothign wrong with that car and it was sporty yet the fuel economy was great. And I loved that digital dash. The first time I drove an NX it was in 1991 and it was brand new. I was a valet at the Westin Hotel and I fell in love with it back then. I am sure there are a lot NX lovers out there. It's one of the best kept secrets around. I know a lot of people did not buy it, because they thought it was just like the Pulsar NX...but make no mistake...the Pulsar was a piece of junk...and this Car would make anyone happy. Cheers all.

from

Guy from Canada
  • elucaselucas Posts: 1
    Hello, I am the original owner of a '92 NX2000. It has been a great car, reliable, peppy, corners, love the t-roofs, 78,800 low mileage. But I need more space now. The dealer is offering $2000 trade in. Seems really low. The edmunds value is much more than that. Will I really be able to market this vehicle? Is there a demand for them? I was surprised to find out there is an association of car owners with this type engine. Any input....
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    Hell, I have never even driven an NX2000, but I sure would buy yours in a heartbeat. Those cars were hot little sports cars in their day and there are people out there who search all over for these relatively rare gems. They were known for their excellent handling, good brakes, and fast acceleration. I would say you could get more than 2K for your car since it has such low mileage and you are the original owner. I would try and sell it on your own.
  • I searched and searched to find an NX2000 with a t-roof and reasonable mileage on it. I live in Montreal which is a big enough city. I even went to a dealership that said if they don't have one in stock, they could get it in 48 hours. I went back 4 times in a span of a month just to let them know I was interested! I was even looking in the Ottawa area since Ottawa was only 2 hours away! Anyways, I couldn't find one. I opted to buy a new car instead. Aside from the questionable styling, I don't know why this car didn't sell that well. This had to be one of the best FWD sports cars out there. As far as price vs. driving enjoyment went, nothing could touch it! And a T-roof too...you have a poorman's convertible.
  • lasitterlasitter Posts: 1
    I wish I had known about this group earlier, as I've been an avid NX2000 owner since I got mine back in the spring of '93.

Finding a red one, new, with anti-lock brakes and AC meant traveling from North Carolina to Kissimmee, Florida on the overnight Amtrak, but it was well worth the trip.

I also wish I had known how much of a difference getting rid of the Potenza tires would make. The Dunlops have been really fantastic. Car handles like a dream.

Installing Bosch Quadra spark plugs gave it a very surprising extra amount punch in the acceleration department, and I'd tell you that it helped the gas mileage, except that the extra power is, well, quite seductive!

I upgraded the stereo to an Alpine w/CD, and a professionally installed Alpine alarm system as well, but those are the only things that I've changed on it. With Mobile 1 in the crankcase
    since day one, she's never had a wrench put on her.

The bad news is that I've had the wife AND the car for the same length of time, and even though it's driving great at 85,000 miles, she's been on my case to sell it and get something more
    'family oriented'.

My sense is that these cars will certainly be collector cars one day, but I have no idea where to find the kinds of drivers / collectors most likely to appreciate it or what to expect $$$
    wise.

Recent experiences / tips from the group greatly appreciated.

CL.

+-----------------------------------------+
    | Charles Lasitter | Shipping Address |
    | 919/286-0100 | 1304 Broad St |
    | cl+at+ncdm+dot+com | Durham, NC 27705 |
    +-----------------------------------------+
  • pocahontaspocahontas Posts: 802
    Hi Lasitter-

Welcome to Town Hall! And thanks for sharing your story. You said: "My sense is that these cars will certainly be collector cars one day, but I have no idea where to find the kinds of drivers / collectors..."

Have you checked out our Classic Car Message Board yet? Sounds like you may be interested in: Future Collectibles--Make Your Prediction.

In addition, we look forward to hearing more about your Nissan NX experience... in this discussion. Happy Motoring!

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks/Station Wagons Message Boards

• Just bought a fun car for my son, it is in great condition and got it at a great price. By the posts I see here I am lucky to have found this gem, my son and I we just looking for a car for him and he wouldn't look at anything else after he saw it. I have been trying to find an after market seller of some parts for the car (internet), fuse box cover, tonneau cover, drivers side pull handle and some trim pieces for the door / window molding. Does anybody have any ideas besides going to the dealer and paying through the nose, also any other forums so I can learn more about I would of loved to have at my son's age. Son thinks I am going to steal it from him, but I like my 2000 sporty mid-size (v6, sun roof, spoiler) Sonata just fine, though I WILL borrow the NX at times.
  • dhoffdhoff Posts: 282
    You might have trouble finding trim pieces for this car, other than at a dealer. There just weren't many made.

There is a "auto recycler" (junkyard) that specalizes in Nissan & Infiniti parts in Florida. It's called Gator something-ot-other. Do a seatch for it on the net and you will find it. They would be your best bet.

Dave
  • rcasalyrcasaly Posts: 2
    Anyone out there know what a 1993 NX 2000 in excellent condition with 105K miles (original owner)is worth?

Any help would be appreciated!

Rick
  • pocahontaspocahontas Posts: 802
    In addition to the feedback here, be sure to check out Edmunds.com's Used Vehicle Appraiser? Good luck. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks/Station Wagons Message Boards

• imtoadimtoad Posts: 2
    I totalled my '91 NX20000 and I want to buy another. I've noticed that some are automatics and since I mostly just drive in city traffic which has left me wishing for an automatic for a long time now, I was wondering if the automatics had adequate (I know it's not the same) power? Also, are there any differences in the '92 and '93 models that I should be aware of? If I can only find dark colors, I will probably want to paint it because I hate the heat. How much (ball park) will a respectable paint job cost? Thanks,H
  • rcasalyrcasaly Posts: 2
    My friend's '91 was different than my '93 in the following areas:

the '91 body had a gray rub strip around the middle; the '93's are same color as body.

the '91 seat materials seemed "nicer" than the '93's.

the '91 had stiffer OEM shocks than the '93's (doesn't matter now cuz they've undoubtedly beeen replaced)

The '91 steering wheel was real leather; the '93's was fake leather.

There may be other diffs but can't think of anything now.
  • Thought I'd throw in my two cents worth on the NX2000. What a great car! I owned a 93 model for 2 years, then my daughter talked me out of it. She's been driving it the past 4 years with no problems at all. The car is a black, automatic with T-tops, currently has 115,000 miles and still going strong. Only repairs have been front half shafts, front rotors and thermostat, that's it. Car has been super reliable and still drives and looks almost new.
    It's a shame Nissan doesn't build them anymore!
    My advise to all is if you can find one used, buy it quick before someone else does.
This discussion has been closed.