Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan NX

2»

Comments

• lasitterlasitter Posts: 1
    I wish I had known about this group earlier, as I've been an avid NX2000 owner since I got mine back in the spring of '93.

Finding a red one, new, with anti-lock brakes and AC meant traveling from North Carolina to Kissimmee, Florida on the overnight Amtrak, but it was well worth the trip.

I also wish I had known how much of a difference getting rid of the Potenza tires would make. The Dunlops have been really fantastic. Car handles like a dream.

Installing Bosch Quadra spark plugs gave it a very surprising extra amount punch in the acceleration department, and I'd tell you that it helped the gas mileage, except that the extra power is, well, quite seductive!

I upgraded the stereo to an Alpine w/CD, and a professionally installed Alpine alarm system as well, but those are the only things that I've changed on it. With Mobile 1 in the crankcase
    since day one, she's never had a wrench put on her.

The bad news is that I've had the wife AND the car for the same length of time, and even though it's driving great at 85,000 miles, she's been on my case to sell it and get something more
    'family oriented'.

My sense is that these cars will certainly be collector cars one day, but I have no idea where to find the kinds of drivers / collectors most likely to appreciate it or what to expect $$$
    wise.

Recent experiences / tips from the group greatly appreciated.

CL.

+-----------------------------------------+
    | Charles Lasitter | Shipping Address |
    | 919/286-0100 | 1304 Broad St |
    | cl+at+ncdm+dot+com | Durham, NC 27705 |
    +-----------------------------------------+
  • pocahontaspocahontas Posts: 802
    Hi Lasitter-

Welcome to Town Hall! And thanks for sharing your story. You said: "My sense is that these cars will certainly be collector cars one day, but I have no idea where to find the kinds of drivers / collectors..."

Have you checked out our Classic Car Message Board yet? Sounds like you may be interested in: Future Collectibles--Make Your Prediction.

In addition, we look forward to hearing more about your Nissan NX experience... in this discussion. Happy Motoring!

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks/Station Wagons Message Boards

• Just bought a fun car for my son, it is in great condition and got it at a great price. By the posts I see here I am lucky to have found this gem, my son and I we just looking for a car for him and he wouldn't look at anything else after he saw it. I have been trying to find an after market seller of some parts for the car (internet), fuse box cover, tonneau cover, drivers side pull handle and some trim pieces for the door / window molding. Does anybody have any ideas besides going to the dealer and paying through the nose, also any other forums so I can learn more about I would of loved to have at my son's age. Son thinks I am going to steal it from him, but I like my 2000 sporty mid-size (v6, sun roof, spoiler) Sonata just fine, though I WILL borrow the NX at times.
  • dhoffdhoff Posts: 282
    You might have trouble finding trim pieces for this car, other than at a dealer. There just weren't many made.

There is a "auto recycler" (junkyard) that specalizes in Nissan & Infiniti parts in Florida. It's called Gator something-ot-other. Do a seatch for it on the net and you will find it. They would be your best bet.

Dave
  • rcasalyrcasaly Posts: 2
    Anyone out there know what a 1993 NX 2000 in excellent condition with 105K miles (original owner)is worth?

Any help would be appreciated!

Rick
  • pocahontaspocahontas Posts: 802
    In addition to the feedback here, be sure to check out Edmunds.com's Used Vehicle Appraiser? Good luck. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Hatchbacks/Station Wagons Message Boards

• imtoadimtoad Posts: 2
    I totalled my '91 NX20000 and I want to buy another. I've noticed that some are automatics and since I mostly just drive in city traffic which has left me wishing for an automatic for a long time now, I was wondering if the automatics had adequate (I know it's not the same) power? Also, are there any differences in the '92 and '93 models that I should be aware of? If I can only find dark colors, I will probably want to paint it because I hate the heat. How much (ball park) will a respectable paint job cost? Thanks,H
  • rcasalyrcasaly Posts: 2
    My friend's '91 was different than my '93 in the following areas:

the '91 body had a gray rub strip around the middle; the '93's are same color as body.

the '91 seat materials seemed "nicer" than the '93's.

the '91 had stiffer OEM shocks than the '93's (doesn't matter now cuz they've undoubtedly beeen replaced)

The '91 steering wheel was real leather; the '93's was fake leather.

There may be other diffs but can't think of anything now.
  • Thought I'd throw in my two cents worth on the NX2000. What a great car! I owned a 93 model for 2 years, then my daughter talked me out of it. She's been driving it the past 4 years with no problems at all. The car is a black, automatic with T-tops, currently has 115,000 miles and still going strong. Only repairs have been front half shafts, front rotors and thermostat, that's it. Car has been super reliable and still drives and looks almost new.
    It's a shame Nissan doesn't build them anymore!
    My advise to all is if you can find one used, buy it quick before someone else does.
  • verozahlverozahl Posts: 574
    Recently, I saw two 1993 NXs in excellent condition... black NX1600 and a white NX2000.
    Interiors look very functional, clean exterior design. Fast little sport compacts!
  • i have a 1993 nissan nx 1.6 and i wanted to put a 2.0 in it i was wondering if i needed to change the wireing and if my trany would line up with it.
  • are these good, realiable cars for a daily driver, or are they born lemons? a few words of advise
  • I have a 1991 NX-2000, which I bought after seeing the car at the LA Auto Show that year. It has 120K miles, zero rust, still as frisky as the day I bought it, a beautiful three coat Mercedes silver paint job thanks to my nephew the body man, and, alas, a slight ripple along the driver's side where I was hit by a deer while doing 90 on the NY Northway. The car is with me now in FL and refuses to grow old, though some of the T-top moldings are getting a bit brittle. The Sentra engine is like Dracula, it won't die unless you put a wooden stake through its radiator. If you find one, buy it. If Porsche ever built a car Joe the Plumber could afford, this would be it.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,083
    Amen on the Sentra engines. I ran my last two over 235,000 miles each and I know one of them is still running, not quite sure about the other.

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I have a 92 NX2000 that I replaced the engine in. There is a small ground wire attached to driver's side engine wall near the carbon canister. Can someone tell me where this attaches to? I also have a problem with the car starting (it cranks but doesn't fire). Has anyone had a similiar problem?

Thank you.

mike
  • Hello to all of you here My name is Sinohe Im a 22 year old guy from mexico,Im a new member,i recently bought a 1993 Nissan 1600NX with 80.000 miles for the amount of $300 bucks and most and unbelievable in payments of $50 bucks a month well i like this car a lot i think it's great even tough mine doesn't have the T-Tops and it's not running at the moment cause the previous owner fell into a pothole and broke the driveshaft,the gear-shift rod and the steering fork and also a part of the left fender and the car also has no wheels on it still im'ma fix it very soon cause the engine is running more than perfect and the repairs are easy,fast and affordable and about a problem of one of the other guys and it's NX that wont start i can only suggest simple things of the probable cause 1-get a scanner tool and run a quick scan on the car's sensors,2-check the distributor cap and rotor along with the spark plugs and cables, 3- check the fuel pump,pump relay,filter and fuses and,4-finallly check the engine timing or maybe if your car had a security alarm device check the computer and other circuits cause it's common on nissans to fail if this were modified of installed unnapropiately this is all i know good-bye talk to ya soon
  • mbarderambardera Posts: 3
    I also have a Nissan Nx1600, husband wrecked it, driver's front corner. I believe it can be fixed. Car means alot to me since it was my deceased daughter's car! I'm getting it fixed this summer. I had made a mistake and bought a blue Nissan Nx2000, love the car but it's not my black Nissan Nx1600. Selling the blue one to my nephew, this will be his 'first car'.
2»
This discussion has been closed.