Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Will You Do When Your Favorite Brand Dies?

13»

Comments

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,686
    I mean, who would buy a current DTS or STS if there were a 360hp Buick that would probably be less expensive

Buick has always competed with Cadillac at the margins and must continue to do so if it is to remain viable. A rebadged G8 would not compete with the DTS which appeals to a geriatric group that prefers larger size and FWD (never mind that most live in the Sunbelt!). Vis-avis the STS it's a question of whether you prefer luxury over performance or vice versa.

Rebadging it is a Park Avenue would imply a more luxurious less sporty alternative.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• berriberri Posts: 4,234
    I think Buick could use a personal luxury type car for image and press coverage, but I don't know if GM can afford it. I'd like to see an upscale coupe and convertible like Riviera and Skylark??? Bathe the body in some nicely placed chrome and lather the interior in nice leather with a great instrument panel. Now you've got a good compliment to the forthcoming LaCrosse that can use some of the same companents underneath!
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,686
    That's a nice idea but sadly coupes don't seem to sell any more. Caddy may introduce a two-door CTS, if it does well maybe we could see a new Riviera or Skylark.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• berriberri Posts: 4,234
    I saw a prototype of the CTS coupe and that it was rather stunning. I think their new design chief (Wellburn?) has a lot of potential.
13»
This discussion has been closed.