Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All-New 2010 Legacy/Outback

Comments

• I stopped by my local dealer yesterday too and asked about the 2010 Legacy. The initial sales person I talked to said expect it in September, but he went and spoke with his sales manager and realized that they just received the brochures on the legacy, and his manager said they should get the first ones in something in mid June. He didn't know how many or what styles they would get, just that they would have something by June. I was torn between the VW CC and the WRX but they didn't compete directly with each other, I'm hoping the 2010 legacy will be a nice middle ground between performance and styling/size.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Sure does sound about half way between the other two...
  • cd68cd68 Posts: 11
    I've seen a few of the colors on the Subaru website. Does anyone have the complete list of 2010 available colors? Also, will they offer a choice of interior colors, or are you stuck with just one interior color choice for each exterior color?
  • eps105eps105 Posts: 216
    Production of the new Outback and Legacy commences TODAY (April 27) at the SIA plant in Lafayette, IN.

Dealer quotes of August or September availability are quoting the full manufacturing ramp-up and official launch dates when Subaru begins mainstream TV and print marketing.

For sure, there will be 2010's coming onto dealer lots by June.

Prices and full specifications are expected to be released in mid-May. I don't think anyone will have any info on colors and internal color combos until that time.

Elliot
  • great info, thanks for sharing this, june will be here before too long. Do manufacturers/dealers ever offer early bird savings for people buying cars right when they hit the dealerships? :)
    Yes and no.

They did for the 2006 Tribeca launch. You could get free satellite radio for a year, or $500 in accessories, IIRC. Something like that.

But...they had no such offer for the 2009 Forester.

Thing is - the Forester was a hit and the Tribeca was not, so they'll probably mimic the sales model of the Forester, so I doubt you'll see any offers.
  • steine13steine13 Posts: 2,411
    "Do manufacturers/dealers ever offer early bird savings for people buying cars right when they hit the dealerships? "

On a popular car, they come in the form of pre-ordered MSRP deals. Which is great when it's the PT Cruiser in '01, for instance. They were going for $3 over sticker, and people who'd put their money down early made out.

In this market, you can even haggle on new model, but the best deals should come in the old cars.

As far as the Tribeca thing; that car's been a dog in the market since they first came out. So anything is possible, but I doubt there'll be deals on the 2010's early on.

-Mathias
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,663
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26537373&postcount=1

The new 3.6 H6 looks like a bargain.

As to the NAVI, you now get a rear camera, the Harmon/Kardon audio and Bluetooth included for the same price (I think?) of the old NAVI.

Bob
  • yeah, looks like the car is priced really well, I guess we'll have to see how it all comes together in the showroom, but looks like I can get a GT with a sunroof, cold weather package, and upgraded stereo for under $30k, so that's good! Unfortunately, they're putting summer only tires on, that kinda sucks to drop an extra $1k on tires/wheels for winter driving, but oh well.
    Starting price down $800. At least the slight de-contenting resulted in a lower price. And you get a bigger car for the money now.

I like the stand-alone moonroof option. No more forking out $4000 for a Limited package to get one.

Nice to see they continue pricing the Premium package as a bargain ($1000) yet the Limited package is still grossly overpriced. $4000 and it does NOT include a moonroof. Ouch.

I'd want a Premium with a moonroof, just that. Heated cloth plus a M/R, my fave combo. 2.5i Premium or 3.6R Premium.

Wow, you can get a 3.6R for the price of a 2.5i Limited. Gimme the H6 any day.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I am not sure I like the interior of the legacy sedan. It looks a bit harsh. I looks rather grown up, when compared to the previous model. It doesn't look as agile and sporty. But, with that said, most cars are looking all the same. Bigger design concepts.

I looked at the interior based on the debut showroom photos and it looked a bit dark and hard looking.
    I agree - less of a cockpit feel than the 05-09 models.

Plastics are comparable, though. I compared them back-to-back at the NY Auto Show. The dash may be slightly harder to the touch, but it doesn't look much different from a visual standpoint.
  • sundog2sundog2 Posts: 3
    Here's an article from the local Lafayette, Indiana paper covering the first US Legacy off of the line. Nice blue color, and when I click the photo to see the enlargement, it almost looks like the side mirrors are foldable, as they're half painted along a fold line.

http://www.jconline.com/article/20090530/BUSINESS/905300329
  • saedavesaedave Chicago, ILPosts: 683
    I agree...Photoshop enhancements seemed to help show a fold line.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    The large roof is gone? What a huge mistake. Seriously, it is one of the main features my wife loves on her 08. It never creaks, groans or leaks and it is the next best thing to a true convertible. Lets in so much fresh air. Why get rid of it? :confuse: This is a huge disappointment and along with dropping the X/T from the lineup, has all but killed any interest I had in this new model. :(
    Check out the Forester's helicopter shaft I mean Moonroof. You'll fall in love.

Nice to see folding mirrors make an appearance. Pre-production cars lacked those.
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,175
    Yeah, we checked out the Forester before we decided on our LL Bean Outback. My wife drove an X/T Limited and while it was a nice utility, it didn't have the comfort or high end interior to go with the pricetag. The roof was nice though, but it's not enough for me to chose it over another Outback.

Maybe like the Impreza sunroof deletion, if myself and others complain about it enough, they'll bring it back. :shades:
    The Leg/Outback are definitely more upscale. I sort of like the utilitarian look of the Forester, though, never really been a luxury car guy.

Subaru usually gets the perfect packaging late in the model cycle. Look at the Sports XT models on the previous Forester.
  • blackbeanblackbean Posts: 100
    Anyone know if the new roof will be compatible with the old Thule carriers (square bar) system? I am thinking not. This is one area where I think the the old "standard" roof rails were fine (and less clunky looking). You can see good pics here: Cars 101

They are cool, withtheir folding action, but I just don't want to buy all new racks fos bikes, skis etc... Especially after I spend all theat $$ on anew car! :shades:
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,454
    Oh, I see what you mean.... the rails? It certainly does not look like they are (currently) cross-compatible with aftermarket attachment systems. But, if you are inclined to use the factory crossbars, you can get adapters that should allow round- or square-bar accessories to attach to the "aero" crossbars. At least that way you would not have to replace the accessories themselves, were you to purchase one of these vehicles.
  • blackbeanblackbean Posts: 100
    Yes, Thule will probably come up with an adaptor that will make my old accessories fit, but nothing on their website yet for fitment...maybe I need ot wait until the car actually goes on sale! ;)

Can you tell I am ready to buy a new car??? hehehe...now if I can just find a good home for my '02 Bean... :)
  • pilot1226pilot1226 Posts: 165
    Any word on potential diesel offerings for the `10 Outbacks? I remember seeing an article somewhere on the forum regarding the diesel being offered on European models (although Diesel is excessively more popular there compared to the US), but considering you get almost 33% more "mileage" when cost breakdown is done vs. 87 octane, it's hard to pass up.

I won't be ready to purchase the new Outback until the `12 model, anyway. I don't like buying a brand-new model because they need a year or two to fix the bugs and stuff in it, and my `09 Legacy should be paid off by next summer.

I like the hood design so far - it is somewhat resemblant to the Infiniti G & M hoods with the curves around the headlights, and the slightly higher chassis would be nice. CVT is nice too to help get rid of the shift shock and usually CVT is a bit more efficient than the standard Auto Trans.
    Very, very nice. I took it on a 10-mile or so test drive. The CVT works fine. It was hard to tell the difference between this and a conventional automatic, other than no shifting of gears.

A few points:

• In the manual-shift mode, you can only shift via the paddle shifters. No longer do you have the option of (also) using the gearshift.

• The shifts in manual mode seemed reasonably quick, but I'd want to try it again to make sure I'm correct here.

• This car had the AWP—but guess what? There is no windshield deicer! Another victim of the bean counters.

• The car is very quiet and refined. It will make a good highway cruiser.

• Power? Okay, but nothing to write home about. I'm sure the H6 and GT will be much more satisfying.

For the average family (not the gearhead), this will be a fine car. I have not driven a new Accord, Camry, Mazda6 or Passat, so I can't make direct comparisons to those vehicles; but I suspect it will hold its own in that company.

Bob
  • red927red927 Posts: 118
    According to cars.101, the AWP includes the windshield-icer. I guess Subaru has changed their minds. I wonder if the price of the package will reflect the deletion?
  • synzerosynzero Posts: 3
    ...perhaps the lack of the windshield deicer was a pre-production thing?
    Just found out the AWP does include the windshield deicer.

However, unlike other Subies with this feature, the embedded orange wires are now under the black lower portion of the windshield, so you can't see them.

Bob
  • ktmotoxktmotox Posts: 5
    When is the 2010 Legacy supposed to be available for sale at Subaru dealers? Is it for sale now? I've seen where production has already started.
    Cars (Legacys) are starting to trickle in now. I've driven 2, at different dealerships.

Bob
  • ecotrklvrecotrklvr Posts: 519
    Thanks for the review! Sounds like the Outback should stay at the top of my "Wanted" list.

Let us know if you get a crack at a six-speed manual trans version.
  • zorro16zorro16 Posts: 31
    some of the dealers already have a demo vehicle of both legacy and outback with them . you should check them.

i had a chance to see them yesterday.

my personal toughts on legacy..

the front appears to be from infiniti g37 and the back appears to be from hyundai sonata

and the outback appears to be like a new generation of crossovers, positioned between a car and a crossover.it's not a wagon anymore.

may be we can call it as a tall wagon

and guess what i personally liked the outback more than the legacy