Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All-New 2010 Legacy/Outback

Comments

• easypareasypar ColoradoPosts: 186
    I've liked it in the snow, but I grew up driving in snow with RWD cars and I've never had a problem.
  • gened1gened1 Posts: 256
    easypar,
    Didn't your wife complain about being in the trunk? Where can we find a woman like that!!!
  • Just got a Brand New car last week. This Saturday while I was driving, Check
    Engine light comes on, and several other lights came on or started blinking. Called sales at dealer since the service was closed. I was told most likely it would be caused by loose gas cap. I then added more gas and tightened the cap. After several trips, short and long, the light are still on or blinking!!

I got really frustrated now! :mad: :mad: What should I do except for having the car
    checked at the dealer tomorrow? To file a complaint? Anything else I can do?

Thanks,
    I may take several fillups to turn the light off if it is the gas cap. I can understand your frustration. Keep this forum posted as to what the dealer finds.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    A blinking light is a more serious warning, you're supposed to park it and call a tow truck.

New Subarus include roadside assistance, so call the number on that card and have it towed to your dealer. I'd ask for a loaner as well since it's a brand new car.

Good luck and keep us posted.

PS You cross-posted that complaint in several forums, there's no need to do that and it's against Edmunds' rules.
    I didn't know there was a magazine called Family, nor that they tested cars. :D

Any how, it never hurts to win more awards. Best Family Cars of 2010: Subaru Legacy.

http://www.parents.com/parenting/money/car-buying/best-family-cars-2010/?page=4
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    If you bought a new Subaru in the past few months, a reporter may want to talk with you. Please email pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, May 14, 2010 with your daytime contact info and the make/model you traded in.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

The interview was very interesting. Hopefully I was able to assist in the review process of the new Legacy and Subaru products in general.
  • marvinlee1marvinlee1 OregonPosts: 43
    I like my new Legacy, but liking it does not blind me from seeing things that I would like changed. 1) Put a spring-assist on the tilt steering wheel, like the much cheaper car I sold after buying the Legacy. 2) Get rid of the audible gear noise. Modern engineering makes quiet gears easy to achieve. 3. Add a sixth gear, like major competitors. Heck,get a marketing edge and install the excellent seven-speed automatic from Jatco, which is not far from the Japanese plant. Include the speed-volume audio feature from the cheaper standard audio system. Why pay more for the Harmon Kardon system and get less? Reduce front end tire and road noise. Yes, MacPherson struts tend to transmit more noise, but other brands are doing better. with similar suspension. Quiet down the exhaust. It is power that I want, not more noise, when accelerating hard. Can you make the engine idle smoothly? It has been many years since I had a six-cylinder engine that vibrated the steering wheel when idling. Delete the economy-gauge. It is useless. Make the center-dashboard section data display twice as bright in daylight and display 50 percent larger numbers. And make the AC fan less noisy, like on some lower cost cars. The tilt steering wheel simply doesn't tilt far enough for my preferences. The cost to fix would be small. Why am I complaining? Because this is an excellent car that merits the best of engineering refinement.
    You mean SoA called you to participate in a survey?

What type of questions did they ask?

Last one I did they were asking about demand for a diesel Forester.
    See post 1061.
    Jeff Green of Blumberg News in Detroit MI called and asked a number of questions. In particlular he was looking for recent purchasers of 2010 Subaru's and what owners thought of the new models and why.
  • saedavesaedave Chicago, ILPosts: 683
    SPAM POST!!!!!
    Subaru did offer me an online survey of the Legacy also. The survey asked a number of questions in particular if a 5 year warranty would be something that would make me consider a Subaru and if the 2.5 had more power and torque would that matter and I of course rated these two very highly. it was a pretty long survey.
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Posts: 775
    According to cars101 dot com.
  • cdndrivercdndriver Posts: 86
    I let the Subaru people have an earful about not bringing the Legacy wagon back, (especially since they make it for Europe) and also not putting the PZEV on all models, not just the base one. (In Canada, that's the only choice). I mentioned taking away the folding mirrors with integrated turn signals, the tiny sunroof instead of the bigger one they had, the electronic parking brake.
    And just the cheapening of materials.
    cdndriver
    My earlier post should have read
    Jeff Green, of Bloomberg News.
    Good news, mostly because it means they are listening to customers.
  • samiam_68samiam_68 Posts: 775
    Yep, good news indeed... Now, if they would only add DI and memory seats...
    DI first!

Hyundai is taking the lead, all Sonatas now have it.