Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Murano Start Stall and Idle Problems

Comments

• lovepublovepub Posts: 11
    I am in Australia. We dont get all the range models as US.

We have ST and Ti Model.

Ti = top of range with reversing camera.
    I am buying a Ti, and they said the rear parking assist sensor WILL NOT fit due to Ti already have Reverse Camera installed.

Is that TRUE? Why can't the two co-exist at the same time?

Should the dealer be able to install the REAR park assist even though i have the reverse camera there??
  • There is a campaign for the ductwork to the throttle. This is not always the issue/or the fix. By all means get free work done to your vehicle. Not all complaints/recall issues found on web sites are real. There is a supposed cam sensor recall for these vehicles that addresses the stalling. In fact this is not a recognized campaign by Nissan North America.

The duct is real.
  • So you are saying that because the Ti has a back up camera (which is triggered either by selecting reverse or when something comes within range of the sensors for the camera) that a parking assist sensor will not fit? I would assume because the reverse camera feature is using that location for its sensors.

Why is a parking assist sensor needed if you already can see what is behind you with the factory reverse aid?
  • lovepublovepub Posts: 11
    Well, I am not the only one driving this car. Put my wife in current Suzuki Swift, she can drift around it, put her in this SUV, i think she might knock my car's EARS off while driving into our somehow cramped up Carport.

And dont mention about Parking in shopping centres,......I dont trust her.

SO ===> what you mean is that reverse camera already OCCUPY the wire when I put the gear into REVERSE, that's why i can't install the Parking sensor again?

The camera is installed on the tailgate door, above the car plate, while the park sensor is on the bumper. Should not have interfeering problem in terms of Location of installing.

Am i right? or I am wrong?

Thanks for u reply.
  • I too had this same problem 3 times with my 09. Each time it happened i believe it was when I tried to start the engine without the faub. But even after I put the faub back in, it still would not release the brake allowing me to start the engine.,. I think it is an electronic security issue. Sometimes it restores quickly, but one time it took over an hour before the break pedal released and I could start the engine
  • i have a 2003 murano. over the last years, once in a while, perhaps 3-5 times, the car would start in the morning and not keep running. i live in fort lauderdale. this past week end, i had to go to tallahassee and on sat morning, it was 35 degrees and the engine started right up, but would not keep running. i tried to start it at least 6 times, and still it would not run, just start. after about 15 minutes, i tried again and this time it was fine. the next morning, it was about 30 degrees and no problem. just posting the issue for others to hear. no trouble code was set. rr70
  • make sure the key fob is charged up. rr70
  • lonehornlonehorn Posts: 1
    Hey lovepub,I am having the same problem with my dealer.he told me that's not compatible.I want to ask you if you have been able to sort out this issue.

Look forward to hear from you.
  • hytydehytyde Posts: 2
    Even if the battery dies in the key fob you should be able to insert the key into the ignition to start the car. I have had a few problems lately where the key will not even work to start the car. This is just one of many problems I have had out of my '07 Murano!
  • tmakohntmakohn Posts: 2
    I am having problems with my 2009 Murano starting. Trying to find out if anyone that has the same problem has had any answers and has had the problem fixed.
  • txgenietxgenie Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Hi, I'm so glad I found this page and realize I am not alone on this issue. My 2009 Murano has done this about 4/5 times during the past year. Nissan keeps insisting I'm leaving something on, but after that many ocurrences, I don't think so. Finally, last week, they replaced the battery and said it would be a process of elimination. It has other qorkey things too. I just recently replaced the tires and back brakes which did not make me happy considering it only has 29K miles. It never occured to me that the fob could be the reason for the car not starting. I was thinking it was electrical or software program related.

Any others out there?
  • I too have this problem on my 03 MO with 138000 and only after replacing my Battery what was the final out come or problem with yours ? like yours in cold starts it works fine but starting it up after its warm up have to feather the gas pedal to keep it going for a minute .
  • gatchisongatchison Posts: 3
    I'm pretty sure they sprayed some cleaner in my throttle body then wiped and reloaded the computer. Took care of it immediately. My newest problem is no power after down shifting......
  • eptept Posts: 1
    Bought a Brand New 2011 Murano - week two the problems started - tried to start the vehicle - no luck it did not respond - all electrical came on but no reactions from the engine/starter. after 15 minutes or so it started - drove about 200 yards it stalled, same process as above - drove another few hundred yards stalled again. This process happened two more times until I could get home. Took the car to dealer - at this time it was running fine. Dealer had the car for a week, said it was a loose connection the car is fine. A week or two later engine light is back on and the vehicle is occasionally hesitating or stalling then running fine. Back to dealer, another week goes by they say it is running fine, could not find anything. The next day I start the car the engine light is back on - I drive back to the dealer for a third time. Another week, (3 if you are counting) they say it is a bad ground, it is fixed and we had to replace the CAT converter as well. I take the car back drive it for another couple of weeks the engine light come back on and the vehicle is hesitating again. Forth time back to the dealer, they say they needed to replace the other CAT converter - At this point I have zero confidence in the the vehicle, the dealer and NISSAN - I need a safe car to transport my family and this vehicle hesitates, stalls unexpectilly putting my family in danger. I have stressed this with the dealer and Nissan and they say the car is fine. I have never seen a major corporation not stand by their product. ***I Will Never Buy a Nissan again*** I am trading the car in and loosing over $5,000 in the process on a 3 month old car.
  • My daughter got out of my 2009 Murano by manually unlocking the driver side door. The alarm went off. I grabbed my keys and pressed the unlock button. My car ignition engaged, the engine revved and it stopped short of cutting completely on. I hit the button again, the same thing happened. What, I thought! I don't have an ignition switch on my key at all. I can only start the car by getting inside and putting the key in the switch. The folks at the Nissan dealership were able to duplicate the problem and they were baffled. They couldn't give me an answer as to why this happened but tell me that the car will never cut completely on, so I shouldn't worry. Has anyone every heard of such a thing?!
  • I have a 2009 S model. 20k miles on it. It started with the tire sensor always being on. Then i get the battery light and the brake light together, on and off for a few weeks. After a while car finally stopped. Took it to the dealer, changed the battery which had died, every thing else worked fine. 5 min after leaving the dealer warning lights back on. Back to the dealer, they re-check, everything fine. Three weeks after that the car stalls again, all warning lights in the panel come on, car can only roll at 5 miles/hr to a safe parking space. I turn it of, after 30 mins it turns back on like nothing happened. I can never take a trip anywhere with this car. Baffling.
  • i just want to say thank you so much for your suggesting. you saved me about 1k of parts and labor. i printed your suggesting for my husband and all he had to do was clean the throttle body. all i spent was a total of $6.36 for the carb-clean and the gasket and it runs great. we are trying to fix all these little things to the car so we could trade in our murano also just a FYI there is a problem with the front driver and passager air bags not going off in a accident
  • vandiwvandiw Posts: 5
    A few years after my original messages, and here is a list of the issuses I've had that I can recall:
    1) Battery replaced once. Ran out of battery on two occasions after 15 minutes of radio use.
    2) Park the car, turn off the engine, open the door - ALL THE WINDOWS ROLL DOWN. Restart car, roll up windows. Try again - same thing. And again.... finally the 3rd time the windows stayed up, so I went inside - came back to the car an hour later - ALL THE WINDOWS WERE DOWN.
    3) CD changer changed CDs or changes to the radio with no action from me. Happens frequently.
    4) iPod connected, radio on - put car in reverse, iPod comes on. Happens frequently.
    5) Last night, left work only to watch my hatch opening
    5) This morning - there is a picture in the message window by the speedometer, a picture of a key, with a bar underneath. One end says F, the other E. ????

We had all the stalling and key issues while under warranty. The car is 4 years old and has 35000 miles on it now, and is out of warranty. I'm not even going to the dealer with all this - don't want it doucmented before I try and dump this POS. We're done with it. My husband is shopping for a new car now, and instead of trading in his old 2000 Acura, this one is going. I know we'll take a loss, but I need a SAFE and RELIABLE car. This i the first car in 40 years that I have not kept 10 years or longer.
  • linymomlinymom Posts: 3
    this is a very interesting thread - seems like "intelligent" key problems span all years. I've had my 06 SL since new, it only has 45k miles on it. The batteries in both key fobs died about 2 years ago. I replaced them and all has been fine until this morning, got in the car to leave for work and the ignition wouldnt turn at all (my car is pre-push button). The doors unlocked with the fob and the green key icon was displaying so I knew that it wasnt battery related. I tried to use the valet key in the ignition, still wouldnt turn. Checked to see if the steering wheel was locked, it wasnt. Got my other key from the house still nothing. Tried my remote start, the car started but since I couldnt turn the ignition on, it stalled as soon as I tried to put it in drive. Went in and called work to tell them I couldnt get there. Decided to try one more time before calling Nissan and car started no problem. Since then I ran errands at lunch time without a problem. Decided to check here to see if anyone else has experienced this and found this thread. and I was hoping it was just a fluke.
    So is there any use in calling Nissan? Should I expect this problem to re-occur? :confuse:
  • I have a 03 MO with 59K having the same issue: "in cold starts it works fine but starting it up after its warm up have to feather the gas pedal to keep it going"

I went to replace my battery to AC DELCO and they said is not the battery is something with a relearn...or something...that the dealer need to do...but my MO haven't been without battery charge. (The battery was replaced 1.5 years ago) The tested it and the said it isn't....In the dealer told me that a Air Intake Duct need replacement because of a recall...they are doing it right now, let's see if this corrects this behavior.... :confuse: