Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave No Start Problems

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty with your vehicle kmg28. If we can look further into this with you, please send us an email at the address located in my Edmunds profile. Please be sure to include your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and the name of your preferred dealership.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi,

unfortunately since my last post in Aug. there were 3 more instances that the car went dead! the dealer could not find any problem with the car.

The car was by the dealership for 6 weeks to check out the problem, the dealer even asked GM to send down a special tech to check out the problem, but since the dealer could not duplicate the problem, GM refused to send someone down.

GM Customer Care has done noting in helping get this problem resolved!

They are good for noting!

It's time for a class action Lawsuit!

I've already hired a lawyer, will see how it will pan out.

good luck to you, i would never recommend the Enclave any more!
  • I have a 2010 enclave cxl FWD no dvd or nav. Battery went dead when it was 4 weeks old for no reason. Took it in, dealer found nothing wrong. They got the inside filthy though but I digress. Anyway I adopted a policy of leaving it in park for about 30 seconds to a minute to give the rear camera system time to boot down before I shut the engine off. Also when you get out of the car, close the door then lock it using the key chain button right away. I read about this online from someone else. I don't understand it but I don't question it either cause for 2 and a half years it never went dead again. I hope you get yours resolved.
  • buzz6452buzz6452 Posts: 1
    I am having this problem right now on my 2008 AWD CXL enclave when you turn the key on all entertainment, dash lights, headlights etc come on bright but the battery meter shows low and it will not start, but if you leave it on 5 - 10 minutes and turn it off a few times. the battery indicator comes up to about 12 and it will start. I called the local Keys Woodland hills Buick and the service adviser said that they had not heard of it but could fix it. I am worried they are not going to fix it correctly. Any advice? Is there really a computer fix as discussed in this forum?
  • zman3zman3 Posts: 857
    I'm far from an expert but I have seen odd behavior from vehicles if the battery is dying. How old is the battery?
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning buzz6452,
    I can understand your concern, and that you want for your vehicle to be repaired. Unfortunately we don't have access to technical information as we rely up on our dealerships for the diagnosis and repair of issues. However, if you wanted to open a Service Request with us, we would be able to follow up with your dealership on your visit for you, as well as with you, to make sure that things went well, and escalate this for further consideration if the situation is not remedied.

Please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com if you want to pursue this (include your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, last 8 of your vehicle's VIN and approximate mileage, and the name of your dealership with appointment information).

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I am so happy to find this forum.
    I have an 08 Buick Enclave CXL. Purchased it new.
    Love the look of the car and how it drives. However, since I purchased the car the battery always would go down. Had the battery replaced under warranty 3xs. Last December 2011 the car was running close to the 50,000 mark. Wifes car and she was complaining of car not starting. Brought car in and get the service person saying your battery is registering very strong sir. We see no problem. Like all the other times I p/u my car from service, they coach me on how to fill out the service ranking request from from GM.
    I go past the 50,000 mark and my bottom row of my dash lites go dark, my rear passenger mirror keeps motoring continually motoring downward. The interior lites are on dim when the motor is not on. The seats will not move unless the engine is on. Remote start no longer works. Rear lift will not work unless engine is on. Turn on radio or any map lites on with engine off and in 5 minutes engine will not crank.
    Brought it in to Buick they tested battery and it checks out strong. They did a computer update.
    Charged me for the service. (yes, coached my on form again)
    It still has all the issues as stated above. My wife has gone from loving the car to hating the vehicle. We have two small children and she is afraid of being stranded like in the past. We constantly have to get on the children telling the NOT TO TURN ON THE READING LIGHTS when the engine is not running.
    What a nice problem to have when you pay $40,000 for a nice car.
    I will not bring it ever back to the Buick dealership of purchase. Instead I will try the dealership closer to main town. If this is going to be a lot of money, my wife and I have decided to trade it for a foreign car.
    Please GM, send me the service ranking form. I will fill it out on my OWN! :cry:
    Good morning 1533ramsay,

I'm very sorry that you have been disappointed in the service from your selling dealership. When are you planning on making your first visit to the other dealer? Please let us know if we can be of any assistance or create a complaint within our department.

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • sdodgesdodge Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Enclave and after coming home from church parked my car in the yard as my husband was doing something in the carport. At about 3am he tried to move the car into the garage with his key. (only had car 3 weeks have never used his key) His key is now stuck in ignition and car is completely dead. From everything I have read here it sounds like the battery is dead for some reason. I did not lock car after getting out this morning. Don't have a clue what could have run the battery down. ANY ANSWERS??????
    sdodge,
    I'm sorry that your key is stuck and the power is out in your new Enclave! Are you planning on having this looked into? Please let us know if we can be of any assistance.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • nickwwnickww Posts: 8
    Welcome to the club! You are in for along ride! GM has no answer for this problem, you should insist for a NEW car!
  • slmtxslmtx Posts: 1
    Live in Houston, TX. 2011 enclave leaking coolant on garage floor. Turned out to be faulty water pump with only 14,500 miles on car. disappointed in this but covered by warranty.
  • wfarrahwfarrah Posts: 2
    I had mine in for service 2 weeks ago. It sat idle since then.
    When I tried to start it today - dead battery!!!!!!!!!!
    They replaced the battery last year and reprogrammed it after I started calling the tow truck to come get it every time the battery went dead.

Now it is happening again.

Any suggestions?
    I like the idea of a mass lawsuit.
  • Hello! I have a 2010 Enclave and am having and have been having the same problem you stated in your post. I am frustrated since after purchasing a battery for $180 the first time it happened it has been replaced twice! Ridiculous in a car only 2 yrs old with such a big price tag!
  • Here's what I do and I have not had a dead battery since. First, every time you leave the car LOCK THE DOORS RIGHT AWAY WITH THE REMOTE KEY CHAIN. Do not wait for the interior light to dim. 2nd, Before you shut the engine off let it idle in park for about a minute, especially if you've been in reverse. This assure that the reverse camera and back up sensors have completely shut down. I learned these things from actual people who have figured this out. Not a $22,000 a year service writer who does'nt even know these forums exsist. Anyway, try it. It's free and you've got nothing to lose.
  • Hello sdmelpaso,

I just had wanted to check in to see if these battery replacements have been performed through one of our dealerships? The factory warranty on your Buick should have covered the factory battery. If you would like for us to check into this further, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com with more details, including: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I am taking in to dealer tomorrow and hope they find resolve. We bought the replacement because it was 8pm and no dealer open at that hour. I have two toddlers and this is our only family vehicle. Waiting til the next morning and having it towed to a dealer was not an options due to needing vehicle. We purchased battery because after the one in car was checked and we were told it was a dead battery we figured a new battery would fix our problem. Since the second issue I have kept my boys from watching the enterainment system, and am worried everytime we are out that we will be stranded. I pray the problem can be fixed tomorrow since having a $600 a month car payment is enuf without having to pay vehicle repair costs!
  • All the best today, sdmelpaso! Looking forward to an update.

• My husband purchased me the 2012 Buick Enclave in May 2012. Two weeks ago, my chldren and I were leaving for work/school, only to go outside, and the car wouldn't start! The towing company picked up the car, took it to the dealership, and I was told that I had a faulty battery. They replaced the battery, and sent me on my way. I've had the same issue this week. Luckily, my neighbor was able to jump start my vehicle, so that we could get to work/school. I notified the dealership the moment I arrived at work. They picked up my car, kept it for 48 hours, and called me to let me know that they can't find anything wrong with the vehicle. I informed them about others who have been experiencing this same problem since 2008/2009, and that I do not want to go through this any longer. I was told that since they couldn't find anything, they still have to bring me my car today, and pick up the loaner car. My husband travels, and I cannot afford to come out in the morning to a vehice that won't start. I need to know what number can I call to make this complaint known, so that I can get some resolve. This is the biggest issue, not to exclude the noisey sterring wheel, and cabin noise. Someone, PLEASE HELP!
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,105
    nbarnes2012,

We can look into this for you if you had wanted to touch base with Customer Service. Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (including your name and contact information, a summary of the situation, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your dealership).

Alternatively, you can contact Buick Customer Assistance at 800-521-7300 (Hrs: Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET; Closed Sunday).

• Just found this forum today...can't believe it exists and others, so many others, are having the exact same problem as am I. I just bought my car in January (3 months ago)...and yesterday was my first time getting stuck at Walgreens. I didn't know what to do. Thankfully I have an awesome boyfriend that answered his phone and came to jump me. We took the car immediately to AutoZone, who tested the battery with it saying it was a strong battery. I think there is something seriously wrong with the electrical connected to the battery causing serious drainage....seems like with all these people having this issue, Buick would have resolved this issue. We got stuck again today at the gas station...terrible thing since the battery is under the floor mat while we are wedged between two gas pumps while I"m out there helping push the car in rain so that some guy who feels badly for us can jump start it for me...better than waiting for the emergency roadside an hour or so to come jump us...Although I'd thought I found my dream car, I now just regret the purchase. I even did a background check on this type of car before buying it and it got such high reviews, and it costing so much, you'd think the seats were made of gold. I am missing my Ford Escape which was paid off every day now. My son no longer wants to drive in my car as he is worried we are going to be stuck. I am not sure what to do...Thankfully, through my teachers membership we get consultations with lawyers complimentary...I think the first step is meeting with a lawyer to see what are my rights...especially if GM isn't going to fix this problem. My first and my LAST GM car!!!
    Hello nickybonita,

I am really sorry to hear about the battery issues you are having. I would like to look into this for you. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email address is socialmedia@gm.com "attn Crystal" in the subject line. I look forward to hearing from you:-)

Sincerely,
    Crystal L - GM Customer Care
  • richard1979richard1979 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I have a 2010 Buick Enclave and about a month ago, my wife was out and the car would not start for her. It was not a battery issue as when we tried to jump it, we were not getting a negative charge. The lights were all working, but the rear liftgate would not work (did not try any of the other electronics). Brought it to the dealer and they had it almost 2 weeks and could not recreate the issue.

I had the car a week before it happened again. Same issue, engine would not turn over but all the lights worked. The car has now been in the shop almost another 2 weeks. This time they were able to re-create the problem the first day, but has not had the problem since then.

I have been told they are bringing in a GM service rep to check out the vehicle. In the meanwhile, my wife has now lost faith in the vehicle (we have small children and she doesn't want to get stranded with them) and we will probably have to go out and get a different car.

GM - stop messing around and just fix the issue.
    Hi richard1979,

I am sorry to hear about the issues with your Enclave and can understand your frustration. I would be more that happy to research this for you. Can you private message me your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification Number, approximate mileage on your vehicle, and involved dealer please? My email address is socialmedia@gm.com please put "Attn Crystal" in the subject header. I look forward to hearing from you.

Crystal L-GM Customer Care
  • tfmjtfmj Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 Enclave CXL with 150k on it. I am the second owner of the vehicle and we are responsible for the last 42k miles. We have had many issues with the car but most not unexpected for the miles. The car still looks and runs good (when it will start). About 4 four months ago I had to go give my wife a jump. So after she got to where I could take the vehicle, I took it to have the battery tested (found that any test done by using the connections under the hood would always provide a failed battery response). Testing at the battery was then 50/50 for some testers. Decided that the battery being tested was 5 years old, so it could be bad so I purchased a replacement.

During the next four weeks the wife noticed that the charging gauge would sometimes work it way down to 13 instead of staying around the 14 mark. If it stayed there too often, I would have to jump the car off again. I would go have the battery tested and it would test good. Two weeks later, I am jumping it off again. Now I take it to a shop (non-GM) and he says that the battery fails some "reserve cranking amps" test on his Snap-On tester, but all else is showing good - He could not recreate the near 13 volt output from the alternator. He would not diagnose further since he declares the battery bad.

I take his report to where I bought the battery and they say the battery is good, but they do not have the same test he had, but they swap the battery out for me again. First replacement was an H6 the second was just a regular size 48. Two mornings later, I have to jump it off again.

Sometimes when I start the car it will drop to 13 volts within 2 minutes other times (like when I take it to a mechanic), it will always stay above 14.

Yes like the other people my wife now hates this car because she does not trust it and we have had to fix the transmission ($3800), the waterpump ($400), the powersteering pump ($400), and the system even scratched the OEM Navigation disc. This transient but persistent issue is like having a paper cut on every finger and working in a salt mine. :cry: Becoming very :mad:

BTW - Who creates a gauge where the marks are 1.25 each.

FWIW - Those of you who posted here earlier, it would really benefit the rest of us if you would post what your fix was. As for mrytleman's solution - my wife is not that patient when she is ready to get out of the car.
    Hello tfmj,

We're sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your Enclave. I see that you've been working with other shops, and haven't had much luck finding out the problem. Please let us know if you need any assistance locating a dealership for a diagnosis.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • tfmjtfmj Posts: 2
    So the concept of taking the car to certified shops is not good enough for you? As this forum shows this is not an issue that repeats well under the demands of the technician. As I told the wife - Yes the car is broken but it is only failing when you drive it just to make you made. It behaves for the four different mechanics, so how am I to ask them to fix what is not broken when they look at it.

This forum indicates that I am not unique in this issue and therefore someone should have a found a solution for this "common" issue. Even maybe GM acknowledging the one guy saying that the backup camera and sensors are being turned on as you shift through reverse to park and are not being turned off could be a true cause. That sounds like a firmware update to the computer and everyone could be happy with nearly no expense from GM.

There is an issue out there on this vehicle and either GM is trying to cover up the issue or they are only dealing with the cars still under warranty and do not care about 2nd owners. I like GM products, but not GM's problem resolution policies.

I did send an email to socialmedia and never heard back from there, but I guess no answer from them is as useful as the reply on the forum though.

Thanks.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,826
    Emails sometimes bounce for what seems to be no good reason. And you have to fix the @ sign when you write your email, since we mask them to try to foil most of the spambots.

So, you may want to try again.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Well it saddens me to see this is a legit issue with Buick but happy to know I'm not alone. Our 2013 Enclave is en-route to the dealership as it won't start. It's not the battery and has full power, just won't turn over. Does anyone have any updates to what their problem was? Fuel related? We've had the car less than 8 months so I'm hoping it's not a lemon! I'll post updates as I find out.
    Thanks
    Hi soulflyin,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your new Buick. Please keep us posted on your service visit. If there is anything we can do to help please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care