Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Tahoe Misfire

2»

Comments

• I have read your reply`s but try this one on for size and if anyone can help i would reall appreciate it.
    I have a 97 chevy 1500 withh a 5.7 vortec. I started developing a misfire every once and a while. maybe every 3 0r 4 weeks to 6 weeks apart, Then started getting it everytime i accelerated a little more than usual or going up an incline for a decent amount of time. First of all changed the fuel filter to see if it was clogged, no help. Second the plugs and wires which have been changed 3 times currently with ac delco double platnum irridum. no help still have a missfire. Changed my distributor cap and rotor cap 2 times to make sure no cracks, still misfire after going down the road and accel to higher speed. Pulled off the upper intake expecting to find poppers in there but no, it had spider already installed, but guess what, I pulled it and put a new one in, making sure all injectors are in correct cylinders. Checked this 3 times before putting upper cover back on.Still misfire continues. Then the fuel pump goes out, how convienient. Replaced the entire assembly. still missfire continues. I replaced the ignition coil, no help. finally discusted after having the caty convertors checked and testing the 02 sensors which all checked out fine, I had a new distributor put in yesterday. took of from the shop and got 3 miles away and missfire on #5 has once again returned. NO vacume leaks and not bad compression. Idles great and starts perfect runs great until you accel too much or going up a hill or sometimes out of nowhere it starts in again. I have gone 2 to 3 days without it doing it off and on , but it comes back. Crankshaft sensor , camshaft sensor timing on dist, plugs all on the mark. what do you think about this one????? Contack me personally if you like at dennytesst@nctv.com
  • whats the drumroll for? iIt didnt fix the problem! Appreciate your info anyway.
  • I also has a 99 5.7 GMC Yukon 164,000 miles, owned 2.5 yrs, have replaces Dist cap 4 times, each time cap had heavy corrosion on contacts, finally replaces complete Dist, ran well for 6 months, now have general misfire code, Have read thru the various posts and have not seen any comments on inside of dist cap condition, would o2 sensor cause cap corrosion, I'm going to start towing a trailer soon and need to get to the bottom of this, sounds like this is a GM common problem, I was told my coil might be to hot, (?) HELP
  • 1 3 5 7 MISFIRE CAN'T FIGURE THIS OUT NO LEAK COMPRESSION AT 150 I KNOW THIS IS COMMON PROBLEM ANY CHEVY TECHS GO THROUGH THIS PROBLEM LET ME KNOW IT PUTTERS AND BOGGS DOWN WHEN I GIVE GAS SOUNDS FINE UNTIL IT HEATS UP GOING UP HILLS BOGGS ANY THING AFTER 30 MPH HELP HELP
  • dtheodore76dtheodore76 Posts: 2
    Thank you guys for all the info. I have a 98 Suburban 5.7 vortex I've been going through the same issues. I got this truck after my father-in-law passed away. Before he died he was having issues when he drove for an extended period, it would lose power and shut off. After sitting up it would start up and he would be on his way. Learned it was symptoms of a clogged cat. So, I changed those, then it threw a code for the camshaft positioning sensor. Changed that and now threw a code for a crankshaft positioning sensor. Oh, by the way, it also had code for misfire on #4. Got my fingers crossed hopefully it works.
  • dtheodore76dtheodore76 Posts: 2
    edited April 6
    Oh I forgot, after changing the cats, I let the engine idle then accelerated to 2000 rpms After about 4 mins the manifold was glowing red on the driver side. That's when I got the code for the camshaft sensor. After it was changed, manifold no longer glowing red. Don't want to keep throwing money on it, just want to get it going.
2»