Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW MINI !!!!

2»

Comments

• That is a great point, I never thought about that...
    I would be willing to pay anything under 20k for one of these. (Granted it drives as well as I hope it does.)
    165hp with a car that weighs a little over a ton. That must've taken some major engineering.
  • rickroverrickrover Posts: 602
    BMW has perfected frameless windows - my old 92 325is and 2000 M coupe - both frameless windows that are more quiet than a framed window. When you pull on the door handle to open the door the window retracts about a half inch. After you get in and close the door the window goes back up into the rubber channel - no wind leaks or noise. The old 92 was as quiet at over 150k miles as the day it was driven off the lot brand new. I'm sure the New Mini will have the same feature. I'll bet the New Mini will have a lot of typical BMW over engineering built in - you'll get what you pay for.
  • I wonder if they will make a rally car out of the Mini...
    If they did I'll bet that would mean some kick-[non-permissible content removed] aftermarket mods that would be available.
  • hsohso Posts: 9
    rickrover..

Mini Cooper S Works will cost about 2000 pounds more than Cooper S model.

news..
    Cooper's garage claim that their engineers are already getting 192hp from the current 1.6-litre supercharged engine.

Another info..

There is rumor that BMW has secret plan to develop a small capacity direct engine for use in the new Mini and forthcoming BMW 2-series.

I'm sure everybody knows that new Mini's 1.6-litre four cylinder engine is built in Brazil by Tritec-joint venture between BMW and Chrysler(not Daimler Chrylser). This engine is cheap to produce but technically deficient by BMW standards. Actually this engine was planned for the Rover car(code name R30). However, BMW no longer in possession of Rover.

BMW's new engine will replace the current 1.6- litre engine in the middle of the decade.
  • carladycarlady Posts: 35
    I'd definitely like a look at the Mini. I'm not looking to replace my Golf for at least 2 more years so I should be right on time.

carlady
    Host
    News & Views and Hatchbacks Message Boards
  • Hello,

There is a new website I have just launched dedicated to the new MINI.

I am looking for as many interested people as possible to come along and help make the site the central resource and community for the BMW MINI.

Please come and have a look,

http://www.mini2.com

Paul@mini2.com

hso, please contact me.. I like the "s" info you have there!

• rickroverrickrover Posts: 602
    I just discovered BMW has a website for the US Mini as well - www.miniusa.com. It has a map of the US with the number of Mini dealers that will be in each part of a state. They aren't saying what actual dealers names are of the BMW dealers yet. They said they will have that information sometime during the first quarter of 2000. All I know is my BMW dealer waited over a month to cash my deposit check, they say they are definately one of the selected dealers now.
  • that is a very nice site, paul. you have photos that i've never seen, and i thought i'd seen em all :)

man, that thing sure does look nice in the snow.
  • pocahontaspocahontas Posts: 802
    in our new Mini Cooper (2002) discussion. Please feel free to copy/paste any of your messages over there. Thanks for your participation.

Pocahontas

Host

Hatchbacks Message Board

2»
This discussion has been closed.