Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Mercedes E-Class

1235»

Comments

• golfhardgolfhard Posts: 16
    i have always used premium gas and will continue to do so. that is just the way it is with mercedes....

enjoy yours...
  • dannye350dannye350 Posts: 28
    Can you post any of the companies, credit unions, etc you know of? Cant seem to find anything on the internet, except some USAA insurance for military.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Posts: 495
    Don't recall names, but on another forum people posted their credit unions. Might call any credit unions, clubs or insurance carriers that you use.
    What insurance company?
    Can you tell me what insurance company you have that got you that discount?
    i got a lfeet discount but its only $1000 off
    I think i am getting a good deal. But i thought id throw it out here to see what other say.

MSRP:$59,075

Sale Price: $50,639, with 1000 fleet discount, and $4000 total out of pocket

Payment is $665.00 per month with Michigan Tax 6%
    Term: 39 months
    Miles: 10,000 per month

Money Factor: 0.00259
    Residual: 59
  • mbuster25mbuster25 Posts: 14
    I love my E-350 4Matic Luxury. Quiet, luxurious inside, very smooth ride. I don't think it looks bad on the front or side, but do agree that the rear styling is not the best.

I chose Mercedes E350 4matic, after considering BMW 528xi and Lexus GS350 AWD. I chose Mercedes because it was right for me. Each of these cars has some strengths and weaknesses. No car is perfect, and I've had my share of concerns and cost. I think Mercedes and Lexus will cost similarily to maintain or repair.
    I just dropped off my 2009 C300 after a very satisfying 2 year lease. The dealer called my lease 5 month early. He wanted to sell me a 2010 E350. I took the 3 yr lease with free service and negotiated a full 5 yr tire and wheel warrantee included. I have the White Ext/Beige Int - Premium 1 package with the wood steering wheel and the ipod package.

I totally love this car and it's a HUGE upgrade from the 2009 C300. It rides like my S class of 2000!

Mileage is better than I thought, actually looking like it's even better than my C300, I am getting about 21 in mixed driving and 27+ on the highway. That's better than the C300. It's far quieter and more powerful than the C300, the ride is firm and connected to the road yet smooth and comfortable.

The electronics are about the same as the C300 with some notable upgrades;
    - The bluetooth system imported all my iPhone contacts.
    - The ipod in the glove box now shows the contents of my ipod on the main screen. On the C300, it showed only on the dashboard smaller display. It seems to know it's connected to an ipod and has more controls as well.
    - The climate controls are different, not sure if it's better, I miss the "rest" feature from my S500 which would continue to circulate residual warm air for about 1/2 hour after leaving the car, keeping it warm inside while I was gone.
    - The rear shade is standard.
    - The rear headrests have a switch to raise them.
    - They switched from TeleAid to MBrace, which is a clone of TeleAid and a bit more expensive.
    - The FM radio now says "HD" on most stations. It still seems like the same FM channels, I don't see how to tune in separate HD stations, if possible, anyone know?
    - The shifter is gone, as you know, replaced by a control on a steering column stick, leaving an odd feeling of an empty center console.

I was surprised that the ashtray is standard. That whole area could have become an iPhone/Cell Phone holder and power port, which for me would have been a much better use of space.

The center console compartment is huge. It's big enough to fit a laptop.
    There are two new compartments on the front of each seat, under your knees, which are wonderful storage areas for gloves or anything you want, smart use of space.

Overall, this is a great automobile and continues the Mercedes tradition of outstanding engineering. It looks great too! The only negative I can find is the MB plastic seating covers which are "better than leather" I would prefer the leather and I would have liked the option of the ventilated seats which I also miss from my S class.

I have not taken a real road trip yet, in a few weeks I will drive a few hundred miles in an afternoon and I will report back if I find anything interesting.
    Congratulations on your new car. Have had mine about six months and still very impressed with it. Took on a 100 mile road trip in 100 degree/90% humdity and A/C worked very well.
    Have gotten as much as 31 MPG on interstate at 70 MPH with A/C on.
    You must have the Luxury version since the wood steering wheel supposedly only comes on that model. I think the compartments on the front are on the Luxury only as well.
    I've got the Luxury version and much prefer it to the Sports. The exterior styling and lines flow better, grill is more impressive and of course the ride is much better. Also think the interior looks better.
    The ventilated seats are available with the P2 package, but at quite a price increase.
    Try MBwworld.org and Benzworld.org for more forums and information.
    Supposedly the MB Tex vinyl seats are better. I have had leather and had problems and know others who have had durability problems with leather. Per articles in MBCA Star magazine, probably should be treated 2 X's per year with Lexol Vinylex.
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,474
    I have had the same experiences. I had a 2008 and 2009 E350 sport, and now have the 2010 E350 Sport. I get about 25-26 mpg on highway, 15-17 around town. ON my two previous E350's, I got about 28 on the highway and 18 around town. So there is a significant drop in mpg's, both highway and city. That's about 10% worse fuel economy. I don't understand why, since the engines were the same and the transmissions were the same. I believe the 2010 is a little heavier than the others, which may account for the drop in fuel economy.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    Have a 2010 E Class coupe with satellite radio active. Since owning the car for about 4 months, the satellite reception is spotty, frequently giving me the "no service" message on the display. I took it into the dealer and after working on it for 2 days, they told me it was an antenna problem, stating that my nav was not working either. The antenna was replaced and the radio has worked without getting the no service message.

However, tonight I got the message again about 6 times in a 10 minute period. I immediately checked to see if nav was working and found it to be tracking perfectly. So the diagnosisi that it was the antenna seems to be bogus.

Anyone else having similar issues?
    Z
  • gfr1gfr1 Posts: 55
    As for the "bogus" comment, it depends on how you determined the GPS antenna is working. Are you aware that OEM installations are normally equipped with vehicle inputs? Such as odometer, to keep you moving along the track and a gyro system to help it along turning maneuvers, etc., such as while you are going through tunnels, parking garages, tall buildings, etc. You might notice that portable units fail in many of those conditions, while installed units keep right on trucking. Then, most modern GPS nav system follow the displayed street/road track until you deviate from that track by a predetermined amount (such as leaving the displayed road). So, short term, as far as the unit apparently tracking, you need to see if it's getting a signal, or just tracking along. -- GFR1
  • Have gotten as much as 32 MPG on interstate, some hills, using cruise on 65.
    2010 is probably heavier because all the comfort, technology, safety, emissions, etc. changes keep adding weight. Also depends on how much ethanol was in the fuel you used for prior testing vs. now. In a previous car, I lost almost 10% in MPG when I had to start using E90.
    BTW, feds have mandated all gas stations must start selling E85 in very near future. Up to them if they want to install extra tanks, extra pumps, etc. to keep selling E90. Also distributors would have to double number of tank trucks and drivers probably.
    So, expect your MPG to go down some more.
  • I took delivery of a 2010 E350 two weeks ago. I receive a call from the dealer telling me that the car has a major recall and I should take it back to the dealer ASAP. Has something to do with the power steering. Have any of you experienced this issue?
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    Not yet - sounds like a recall to fix something so power steering works properly. I doubt that it's something to panic over.
    Z
    edited October 2010
    Not a major recall compared to ones for Toyota, Lexus, BMW, etc. Apparently the coupling where the the fluid line joins power steering pump may not have been torqued properly when assembled. Dealers will check and torque appropriately.
    If no fluid leaking out, you probably do not have a problem, but if concerned let dealer check it out.
    Visit MBworld.com for more detailed comments.
    Appears that most car companies have learned from the Toyota/Lexus situation. When in doubt, RECALL. Many of the current recalls would have been handled with TSB's in the past, IF a problem shows.
    Be grateful your dealer called you. Most M-B dealers wait for MBUSA to send out letters.
    BTW, congrats on getting a great car! :)
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    A reporter wants to talk with someone who is deciding between a new Lexus, BMW and/or Mercedes. Please email pr@edmunds.com asap with your daytime contact info, your city and state, and the vehicle models currently under your consideration.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

1235»