Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe - "Vibration" Noise when in reverse

momofgracemomofgrace Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
Hi,
I have a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.3L with about 15,500 miles on it. I need help! When I have my foot on the brake and put the car in reverse a strange vibration sound can be heard coming from behind the dash (not sure if it's coming from teh engine or is within the dash?). When I switch it to neutral, park or drive there is no sound. It only does this some of the time - always when the engine is cold. Has anyone had this issue? I'm hesitant to take it to the dealer since I don't know if they'll be able to replicate it (seems they never can replicate stuff). I was hoping maybe someone else had this problem and can tell me what it is so I have more to tell them when I bring it in. The car drives fine otherwise - just the noise. I never heard the noise prior to a few weeks ago.
Thanks to anyone who can help me!!

Comments

• par721par721 Member Posts: 14
    hi mom - i see no one has replied. It sounds like I may have a similar problem with my '08 SF Limited AWD, but I hear it when I am in drive as well as reverse. It doesn't only do so when the engine is cold and intermittently. I am going to my dealer tomorrow for the 7,500 mile service (I bought the car in the spring as an '08 leftover) and while I intend to tell them about it, I wonder if it will happen while there.

I can't say for sure when I first noticed the noise because it doesn't always happen and could very well have been there all along. I will leave another post if anything significant happens and would appreciate hearing about your experience with this. Thanks and best regards.
  • auxfireauxfire Member Posts: 4
    It could be that it's your tires. I was having a similiar problem, but was told that my tires are cupped and therefore made that sound. I bought new tires without realizing that I could have gotten new ones from the tire company that my tires came from as they were in warranty. I'd have it checked as soon as possible.
This discussion has been closed.