Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC60 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I just picked up my 2011.5 XC yesterday, holy cow so much a difference to the 2010 and 2011 models. The Sensus is incredible, new hood design which is a lot nicer. Really pleased.

Good that you could use the OSD pricing to negotiate your final cost. You will have no regrets!!
  • Well done! Enjoy your new ride. It 'pained' me to pay sticker(but we got such a good deal on the XC70 we traded that I convinced myself that it was OK to be one of the very first to own the XC60). Of course, the fact that we have over 30K miles already doesn't bode well for a high trade-in value any time soon. We could be 34K miles by the two-year anniversary of our purchase. By contrast, our '08 C70 only has 25K miles after 39 months--something about the 100+ degree weather in Texas makes it easy to leave the 'vert in the garage!

If I may ask, are you financing? Any killer deals out there? Looks like PenFed(who carries the note on our XC) has 2.99% going. Volvo couldn't come close when we purchased in Mar '09.
  • OK, we've blown through a few vehicles in the past half-dozen years...'04 V70, C70, '06 RX 330, "07 XC70 and currently have the '08 C70 and '10 XC60 AWD T6. I've wondered if something happened to the XC, would we consider the significant price difference and take a look at a completely loaded Outback 3.6? It doesn't have all the bells and whistles(I could to without 'lane change', BLIS, adaptive cruise and others--now that we've seen what they can/can't do); but, to save 25% of the vehicle price, are folks even considering this comparison? It's not quite apples and oranges, more like Granny Smith vs Golden Delicious, I reckon. Hmmmm....
  • iamsonyiamsony Posts: 12
    edited January 2011
    That's great to hear. I'm getting excited to get my XC60 2011.5 model. Didn't realize that the hood was redesigned. Also, the sensus can play DVD which is interesting. I got a delivery date of 3/6/11 but they did say they are getting delivery sooner.

I bought my Volvo from Herb Gordon in Silver Spring, MD. They were great to work with when I made the deal. Though I'm having a hard time getting in contact with the finance department. I wish they would return calls faster. We are financing the car. We are hoping to get that 2.9% deal from last month. Hopefully I will know soon.

The other dealer that I tried before was Darcars Volvo Rockville, Maryland. But had a bad experience with them. It's bad when I know more then the salesman. They didn't even know about the Sensus on the 2011.5 model (week 46) and even told me that it's an additional cost to have that installed. He also told me that if I did the OSD, I had to pay all cash since the car can't be financed until it has a VIN number. Really? Herb Gordon would have financed it on the spot.
  • dulnevdulnev Posts: 652
    I've considered the Outback Limited 3.6 before buying XC60. The two vehicles are simply not in the same league, in my opinion. The materials inside the outback are noticeably cheaper and lower quality. I also was not impressed with the engine at all.
  • saabskisaabski Posts: 57
    Hello all. I am currently trying to purchase a 2010 XC60 2wd at local dealer in Texas. Here's the detail on the new 2010 XC60 with 5,000 miles on the clock (it's a leftover demo from 2010):

2010 Volvo XC60 3.2ASR 2WD
    Oyster grey with off-black leather interior
    Premium and convenience package.

MSRP $37,095

SALE PRICE $34,850

MINUS $1000 LOYALY

$33,850 + TT&L

I think I could definitely do better on this price...any thoughts would be appreicated.
  • That's pretty much what I figured. It would be tough going 'backwards' from the 281hp turbo! Our XC60 has the rear seats folded down about 90% of the time, making room for bicycles and our Scottie. Doubt the heated rear seats will ever be used! Even the 'panoramic' moon roof is more for the back seat folks(our Scottie doesn't seem to care).

I can see the appeal of the Outback, especially at $12K+ less; but, you're certainly right that the materials and 'finish' reflect the lower cost. It's nice to drive a vehicle that is nearly fifty grand; but, there's also something to be said for having $12-15K left in the bank after picking up the Outback. ;)

No free lunch and all that, I suppose ;) .
  • Don't know where you are in our great state/country; but, those Costco numbers posted would suggest you could come darned near a brand new 2011 for that money. I know I'll be talking to them next time! I've gotten some pretty good deals for end-of-model-year Volvos and one Lexus...nothing like the Costco deal on a new model Volvo. Only one Volvo dealer in Austin(two locations)...competition may not be much of an influence here in cenTex. ;)
    You should definitely be able to get a lower cost then 33,850. Couple of things is that is the lower model, it's a 2010 car and it has already 5,000 miles. You should at least try to get it under 33K and closer to 32K.
  • ggs2ggs2 Posts: 18
    i was wondering if anyone who owns the xc60 has attempted to put bicycles in the cargo area standing up? i really don't like the bike carriers on the back of vehicles so i need something that has enough room in back of the suv/cuv. i really like the xc60. thanks
  • dulnevdulnev Posts: 652
    There is no way you can put a bike standing up into XC60 or any other crossover vehicle. You need a full size SUV or minivan for that.
  • Hi just wondering when did you order your XC, because i can't get ETA date for my order i ordered on1-10-2011 thanks
  • I ordered mine on 12/30/10 and I still haven't even gotten the VIN number yet from my dealership. They said I should get the VIN this week tho and then it should be another 4 weeks before the car gets here....SOO much anticipation!
    I ordered it on 12/20/2010 and got a delivery date from them on January 10th. The delivery date is for the first week of March. Also, they didn't run my credit which was interesting. I guess we do the credit when the car arrives? This is my first custom order. I'm used to everything being done at the same time. I guess they need the VIN number.
  • I purchased my XC60 June 2010 but held out for the new Sensus system, and it was well worth the wait. The 2011.5 model is so different from the 2011 model.

My production date was around week 47 and it shipped December 3td. It arrived at the dealer in phoenix 5 weeks later.

Once the shop is assigned you can follow its track on the internet, some interesting ports of call on its way to CA.
  • rich4jrich4j Posts: 12
    I wanted to get some feedback on if this is a good deal as I sense I need to keep working on this.

T6 XC60 AWD Climate; Multi media pakcage and technology...metallic blakc.

MSRP; 45,625

Sale price: 43,240

REsidual .54
    Money factor .00127

This is in PA.....
  • are you a current volvo owner? If so, you can get an extra $1000 from Volvo.
    The invoice price is $42,940 - and I wouldn't pay anything over $100 of invoice.
  • rich4jrich4j Posts: 12
    Yes I do own a volvo

MSRP they said was 45,625

discounted it 2385 based on volvo onwership and ????

Sales Price 43,240
  • In the military, stationed in Japan, went through Volvo military sales. Just completed my order today, should be delivered late-June.

2011.5 XC60 T6 R-Design
    Ice White
    Off-Black Sport Leather (GM0U, supposedly normally not available in the US)
    Multimedia Package
    Convenience Package
    Climate Package w/ Booster Seats
    PCC
    Extended Warranty
    Rear Cargo Mat

Got it for just over $39,000 which from what I can tell is a pretty good deal. Can't wait to get it!
  • juxtajuxta Posts: 44
    Geez, no doubt a good deal.

What type of extended warranty? Not sure about Volvo dealerships but warrantydirect quoted $2400 for its high-end inclusive plan 7yr/60k mi. Is this in line with what Volvo offers?
  • Nothing like that. Just the extra year and longer maintenance coverage from Volvo. Can't remember the name, Safe & Secure or something like that, extra $500
  • I too purchased through Military Sales....have for years, great product. I received my 2011.5 2-weeks ago, loving every min of driving....
  • Volvo's "safe and sound" is $500 for 5-years/ 60, 000 miles......I'm not sure how many miles you drive per year, per Volvo's product sure sounds like a better deal all around...price for 60K miles.......
  • Ordered on 12/11. Just got VIN and estimated delivery date of 2/18. Very cool being able to track it on the ship through Wilmelm Wallemius web site. Ship is scheduled to off-load our XC60 tomorrow in Baltimore. I'm guessing it won't take more than two weeks to make the trip to Charlotte.
  • Tooooo coooool rkurlander........enjoy your new XC60 when it arrives :)
  • Hi there....how does this offer stack up - wondering if other potential buyers are seeing similar deals?

Volvo XC60 3.2L FWD
    Premium package
    Convenience package
    PCC
    Nav Prep
    18" MERAC alloy wheels
    Safe & Secure

MSRP = $38,250
    Dealer Invoice = $36,520 ($400 above what's reported on Edmunds, which is accounted for by the advertising fee listed on the invoice)
    Dealer offer to sell = $35,520 note that Edmunds TMV is $37,120 for this exact vehicle in the Los Angeles area
    Out the door price, including tax, title & doc fee is $39,573.

I haven't made any counter offer yet, but at $1,000 below dealer invoice and $1,600 below TMV this initial offer looks pretty good...comments anyone?

Thx...Tim
  • avery1avery1 Posts: 372
    Please tell me what dealer you got this price from. Looks pretty good to me.
  • avery1avery1 Posts: 372
    Anyone been able to negotiate any on the price of overseas delivery?
  • Rusnak Volvo in Pasadena, CA
  • I would think the price guide may give you some leverage in negotiating for a local purchase.