Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Hyundai Sonata

Comments

• Thanks for the pics. Looks sweet!
  • Here is an article from the hyundai plant in montgomery, alabama about how many cars there going to produce in February.

www.tradingmarkets.com/news/stock-alert/hymzy_brief-hyundai-to-increase-producti- on-at-montgomery-plant-in-feb--763437.html
  • hickstickshicksticks Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    Last night we got the Pacific Blue GLS with Popular Equipment Package.

It is a great car. I paid $3,725 as my down payment. I am doing 15,000 miles annually on the lease. My monthly payments are only $159 (including tax).

I am very happy with the vehicle I purchased. I love the bluetooth and IPOD connectivity. I also really enjoy the look, feel and comfort of the power seat (the lumbar support is great).

I am not happy about the buying experience. I could never recommend that Hyundai dealership to anyone, they were very deceiving and I caught them in several lies.

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'll monitor this thread.
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    Thanks for the pics and info. How do you experience the ride and handling? I've taken test drives in a Limited and a GLS. No one has SE's in my area or in the Virginia and North Carolina dealerships I visited while traveling last week. Local dealer said the NO ONE can get nav systems at the moment.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,897
    Yeah, what is the dealership name???
  • jsmit86jsmit86 Posts: 116
    I drove a 2011 Limited today. It was my second test drive, the last one being a 2011 GLS. This is an impressive auto.

I currently own a 2003 Infiniti G35, and believe it or not, I am considering replacing it with a 2011 Sonata Limited. The car has ample pick up for a 4 cylinder. During my test drive, I had the opportunity to merge onto a highway ramp from a rolling right turn. The Sonata accelerated smoothly to about 65 MPH. While it's no match for my G35, the 4 cylinder will not stop me from buying. This was my biggest concern.

Before I purchase, I need to listen to the stereo in the Limited with Nav. There are some of them out there, but they are pretty scarce at the moment. The other thing I want to see is a camel interior in a Limited. The reason I haven't found one, is that the camel interior is not available yet. (Coming soon I am told). The manager at the Hyundai dealer says that the wood trim in the Limiteds with the camel interior will be a cherry tone. So far all of the internet pix show the same piano black that comes in the Gray and Black interiors. I think all of these photos are of Korean cars, or pre-production.

I'd appreciate if anyone can confirm the wood color.
  • hhr06hhr06 Posts: 47
    hicksticks, of #625 thread

how were u able 2 get such a low lease price? most here in florida are showing $199@month. was it because of the large down payment?
  • The SE has...
    Hankook Performance tires . The Hankook Optimo H431 . The H431 is considered a Grand Touring All-Season tire that is M+S rated. It comes with a UTQG (Uniform Tire Quality Grade) of 480 (treadwear) / A (traction) / A (temperature). 225/45R18 with 18" silver alloy wheels

info is from...

Nicholas Tufo
    Coordinator
    Quality & Service Team

Hankook Tire America Corp.
    1450 Valley Rd, Wayne,NJ 07470
    Tel : 1-800-HANKOOK (426-5665) X 616
    Fax : 973.633.0028
    email : ntufo@hankooktireusa.com
  • REF:630
    Excellent post w/ detailed info. Tires are $187 each + shipping on tirerack.com and they are a new model (or perhaps a new OEM tire just for the SE). Specs are better than i expected.
  • tripigtripig Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    Just took home a 2011 Sonata Limited for 1000 under invoice from Rosen Hyundai in suburban Chicago. Very easy to deal with. Fantastic car! You won't be disappointed! :)
  • I picked up a 2011 Sonata Limited + Nav today at Ed Voyles in Atlanta.

Great deal on the lease, $50 over invoice including $500 loyalty cash (we leased a 2010 Genesis in November).

We did have to wait a week to get it shipped from something they referred to as 'port'. Don't know what that is because the origin on the sticker was clearly Alabama.
  • shuale_ejsshuale_ejs Posts: 79
    edited February 2010
    Today, I leased a 2011 Limited w/nav. It's black with grey interior. I really wanted Silver w/black interior but the nearest one was in Chicago and would cost some extra $$$ to get here in Ohio.

I'm not a fan of making a downpayment on a lease so I work on getting a good selling price. Here is my info:

MSRP: $28,250
    Selling Price: $25,618
    Ad & Acq fees: $837
    Lease: 36mths/12k - $345/mth
  • We are looking at the pacific blue pearl, iridescent silver blue metallic , and the harbor gray metallic. We live about 200 miles from the nearest dealer and doing all our shopping on the internet so never get an actual look at the colors. Could you post a photo of your GLS in the Pacific Blue, pretty please.
  • Bought a Silver SE today, will take delivery by Wednesday hopefully since my dealer is doing a trade. Looking forward to really getting behind the wheel. Will post updates in the coming weeks. Ended up purchasing rather than leasing since I traded in a junker lease and got a great interest rate along with free TT&L.
  • mikemartinmikemartin Posts: 205
    edited February 2010
    Okay, yesterday (Saturday) I had a chance to check out and drive a 2011 Sonata GLS with the PEP.

I will be brutally honest.

***Disclaimer - I do NOT know if Hyundai fixed the suspension Kthunk issue as the test drive near the dealer had all very smooth roads. I tried to find a bumpy or rough road but there simply were none.

The exterior design is the best feature of the new Sonata but, as most things in life, there is a trade-off for that: a smaller backseat than the 2010 model.

The interior looks very nice, but I found the door panel, door handle (interior) and some of the plastics and switchgear disappointing - but not necessarily in comparison to other cars in its price range; rather, in comparison to the 2010 model.

I find that in the effort to reduce weight and manufacturing costs, Hyundai and almost all other brands (Toyota and Chrysler especially) are really using light weight, flimsy and sometimes very tacky materials for things like door pulls and console trim (can we please stop getting faux aluminum that is really poorly painted and cheap feeling plastic?).

The 2011 Hyundai drove nicely, but not so much better than the 2010 version that it is noteworthy, IMO. The transmission had an annoying tendency to hang on too long before downshifting, and this is probably geared this way in the interest of fuel economy. Road noise was actually worse than the 2010 version, and the suspension was somewhat tauter with better damping.

I did very much like the instruments and background and ambient lighting. Kudos to Hyundai for hitting the mark on color choices in this area.

I found the main control for the heating/cooling gimicky.

As with the Volkswagen CC, rear headroom suffers in the 2011 model. That's the price to be paid for the swoopy roof.

The engine noise seemed well supressed and the engine note pleasant for a 4 banger.

In summary, I would not pay MSRP or even a slightly discounted amount for this Sonata as I feel that once the novelty wears off, Hyundai will need to resort to higher subsidies and incentives in this most competitive of all car segments, especially at a time when many new models are going to be rolling out from competitors.

This is only my opinion. The 2011 Hyundai is not a major, but rather an incremental, leap forward. The biggest pluses are the exterior design, the bump in horsepower using the 4 cylinder, the fuel economy (if EPA estimates turn out to be remotely close)

If one likes a soft, quiet ride, the last generation actually might be a better fit. If one likes a more tied down, firmly damped suspension, with a sleek exterior, the 2011 makes the 2010 version dowdy by comparison.

Finally, and this is not Hyundai specific, but I am very disappointed with the quality of interior bits, pieces, controls and switchgear in almost all newer cars, from Toyota to Mercedes. I find that mid-90's era Honda and Toyotas, mid-80's era Mercedes and BMWs, and early 2000 Lexus' and absolutely shame their more modern offspring in this regard.
  • Does anyone know from the Central Florida area where I can buy the 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE, PACIFIC BLUE PEARL color?
  • Jason5Jason5 Posts: 440
    Thanks.... I couldn't find "optimo's" in the performance category at the Hankook website. Having the specific number helps.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,628
    Well, in many ways the interior bits of my 2004 Elantra are superior to those in newer cars like the 2011 Sonata. Almost all the interior trim pieces of my Elantra are padded, for example. But that is the price we pay for paying about the same price today for a Sonata GLS than what we paid 20 years ago, adjusted for inflation, for a far better car--a few interior bits excepted.

I also find the color of the interior makes a difference. To me the all-black interior looks cheap on the Sonata, especially with the SE's black metal-grain trim and cloth inserts. But take the camel interior with (I think) nicer cloth, or leather, and woodgrain trim to dress things up a bit, and it's easier to forget that most of the plastic surfaces are hard to the touch. Besides, we almost never touch those hard plastic pieces except when we're test driving the car. ;)

I was over at my local Hyundai dealer looking for a used car yesterday because our 2007 Sonata might be totaled by the insurance company (hit in the rear last week). A 60-ish woman was drooling over the pearl white SE on the showfloor. I told her, "You'd look good in that." She said, "I know!". Don't know if she bought it though. That is the only 2011 my local dealer has right now. They are not having any problems selling them despite a $599 window sticker for paint protection etc. (Ah, those memories of Honda and Toyota in the '80s and '90s.)
  • Argh. That's my dealer and they said they didn't take deliveries on weekends and I would have to wait until Monday. Your post means they have my car now.
  • jsmit86jsmit86 Posts: 116
    edited February 2010
    In reply to :
    #632 of 641
    Purchase price of Hyundai Sonata 2011 Limited by tripig
    Feb 20, 2010 (6:46 pm)

Just took home a 2011 Sonata Limited for 1000 under invoice from Rosen Hyundai in suburban Chicago. Very easy to deal with. Fantastic car! You won't be disappointed!

Please post MSRP and Price paid before Tax lic title and doc.